S16 - THE FINAL

Started by J-Reedy, August 28, 2014, 06:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

There it is. Two teams with 10 matches under their belts and with these teams, the dial goes to 11. Lizardmen are looking for retribution for the loss in the final of the last season while orcs make their debut in the final.

Play on, mates, and gongratz on making it here!

equilibri

So, 'ere we 're... Da finalz!

When can u play, Golden?

Suggestions:

Today (thursday) 19:00->
Friday 19:00->
Saturday 19:00->
Sunday 19:00->

So, what do u say?

The Golden Arrow

I cannot play before Sunday. Not totally sure if that will work either but I think Sunday night should be fine.

Start 20.00?

equilibri

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on August 28, 2014, 04:16:29 PM
I cannot play before Sunday. Not totally sure if that will work either but I think Sunday night should be fine.

Start 20.00?

Sunday at 20:00 sounds great!

Write here if something comes up so u cant play.

//Equilibri

equilibri

I am online now and ready to play!

J-Reedy

- Wellcome TO BLOOD SPORTS SPOTLIGHT! There's something special in the air tonight, and for once, it's not the stench of troll droppings under the seats. Because my dear listeners, we're coming to you LIVE from the FINAL MATCH of the Norsca Union League! That's right, folks, the match between the lizard brethen the Spawnin Brothers and the orcish pride the - sorry folks - DA Freebooterz! The undefeated orcs are making their final debute while the technically undefeated - as you might remember that the only loss that the Spawnin Bros suffered was a league-sanctioned loss against the Drop Dead Gorgeous because the lizard team got lost in a freak sand-storm while traveling to Khemri - lizards are trying to make it one better than last year when they appeared in the finals against Cola Chaos.  And it get's better folks! We also have a special color commentator...
- I must object dead sir, I find that my complexion is on the normal side, there's nothing special about the colour of my skin! Or maybe it's because I dont' have any skin, HAA-HAA!
- Yes sir, my dear listeners, you heard it right! Who's the only player who has ever played Blood bowl in BOTH in an orc AND in a lizard team – and of course, after his regular career, in numerous undead teams. That would of course be none other than the famous Phil "Da Stompee" Punsaxeatawney! You of course started your career as a runner with the Lustria's Pride and after your amazing three seasons you moved to the orc team Da Stompas for the two seasons when the Bashbombaa league allowed goblins to be replaced with any players of similar size.
- Yes, that's right Gron! Unfortunately I have to say that the experience proved to be relatively short-lived as the team shortly recruited Chucka'Eater and my first try as a ball substitute ended up as me becoming troll droppings, HA-HAA!
- Yes, Chucka'Eater, he still holds the record for most stunty players eaten in single season. But fortunately for you, Chucka' happened to be playing a necromantic team when he finally "dropped" you and you suddenly found yourself playing playing for numerous undead team, and succesfully I might say!
- Well, most teams didn't expect a three-feet skeleton who could run. And of course, I always had a bit of problem holding my playing weight during my physical days - no problems with weight nowadays, HA-HAA!
- Well, the game is about to start and boy, the weather is as hot as a Lustrian maidens! How does this sweltering heat affectthe teams in your opinion, Phil?
- We lizards love the heat, really gets our blood pumping!  Orcs, well, they start to smell even worse than they normally do, HA-HAA!
- Game is on the way! Spawnin Brothers are on the attack, their front line goes to work! KNOCK-OUT! Cannonfodder Two - don't know what his parents were thinking - is out. Mazdamuntsa the skink gets the ball, makes a deep run on the right flank, protected by Adohichihichi... another skink.. Action on the front line, Flaprot the troll gets stunned!
- I must admit, I still get a warm fealing when a troll is hurt, even a little.
- Orc defence springs to action! Looks like Gablor is going for the blitz, trying to take out the covering skink, but he only manages a pushback. But that gives time for Mokast the blitzer and Subdar to block the right flank, no clear running line there anymore. Let's see how the lizards respond. Oh my! A skink blitz! That's a rare sight, and Gar of Swaps stuns a black orc! Mazdamuntsa changes directions and goes to center-field, protected by the kroxigor Krokssa, two saurii and two skinks.
- Mazda - as they call him - is not the fastest in the team, but he is agile, comes from the eastern parts of Lustria, you can tell that by the slanted finns.
- Gablor tries to thin the protection, but the skink he targeted holds up, EVEN AFTER that spectacular piling on, that gives lizards a line if they can just get one of the lineorcs down, and that they do!  AND MOKAST IS DEAD!
- Not so fast Gron, the orc doctory is amazing, those doctors can do miracles with their clubs.
- Your right, seems that Mokas has decided he's fine after the team doctor bashed some sense into him. It seems that the orcs are badly out of position now, so they look like they are just going to cause as much damaged as they can. And so they do, as Gar of the Swamps is piled on by Gablor, and he's out! Hurt Badly! But the  Lizards retaliate, and Subdar is pushed out of the field! OH! HE's not walking with that hip anytime soon! It was that halfling, you see, Subdar fell on his food tray, nothing makes halflings as mad if you mess with their food.
- Yes, sir, halfies never worry about their weight, really amazing how they can intake so much food. And you're right, every coach always tells his players not to mess with the halfling teams food, they get mad. Who could forget the Maccaroni Massacre of '49.
- Gabsh the blitzer still aiming for the Mazda with the ball but Kwepek takes him out. Mazda is sitting tightly in the corner with two of his smaller brethen, no orcs close to him. I'm guessing we won't see any trickery anymore in this half, this is going to be a pure bash-fest! Kwepek is knocked out and orcs have a clear line to Mazda, so he decides to move finally. TOUCHDOWN for the Spawnin Bros!
- That's takes a cold-blooded player - HA-HAA, see what I did there - to sit there waiting if any defender is going to come for you.
- Let's see the damage, Oyodon the saurus is the only lizard out due to heat. Oh boy, looks like orcs really suffered due to the sun, two black orcs and Cannonfodder One - must be some orc tribe of sadists who give their children that kind of names - are out. Subdar the linorc and Gar of the Swamps are the injured players in their teams. And here's the second kick-off! Deep ball, but Galber the thrower is close to it. Goratl is KO'd! Krokssa goes down, orcs are pushing through from the center and right flank.
- Well, looks like the Da Freeboooterz have time for two plays, let's see, might see a gobbo toss!
- Not so, Galber takes the ball, sprints forward and throws! The pass is wobbly, but Gabsh the blitzer hauls it in and goes running right! He's actually in the scoring distance!
-  Skinks will block the route, we're fast!
-  That they do, and the star-Saurus Xho of Xlanhuapec breaks tackle and goes for a blitz! Doesn't get, pushed back! But Chaq of Pahualaxa does get a casualty! Da Stompa is dead! Boy, the heat really seems to affecting the orcs, that's second death already, and this time there's nobody to help poor Stompa as the docs club was broken earlier.
- They won't get the TD, Xho is blocking the route.
- Yes, seems so, and the orc coach seems to agree, he's yelling for fist in the face play. MAZDA IS HURT! Seems like he has his hip smashed in, but wait doctor runs in, no problem, he fixed the hip!
- Yes, but unfortunately he smashed in Mazda's collar bone in the process, us skinks really have fragile bones, just look at me, HA-HAA!
- Brothers' coach gives an evil eye to the doctor and that seems to work, doc goes to work and it's all back to normal, collar bone is fine, hip smashed!
- Seems Chaq has been knocked out.
- Right you are Phil, and that ends the first half! Orcs get a second try with the attack, this time Mokast the blitzer and Cannonfodder Two will sit out the attck due to heat. And here's the kick! AND the Spawnin Brothers change their defence! That was a perfect defensive move! Not much room for the orcs, Gablor targets a skinks, gets him down, but doesn't hurt him, not eve with a piling on. Galber gets the ball, runs forward and tosses the ball! Tuknail is the intented receiver but he fumbles the ball! Ball is out and lizards have a chance! Morglum goes down, Grokfak follows! Flaprot is downed and Xho's blitz takes down Tuknail! Conqaodon the skink has a route to the ball with the orc's center line suddenly taking the nap. Conqadon runs in, gets the ball and sprints back to the lizard side!
- That's the skink quickness you see there, he sprinted twice the distance those black orcs can do in the same time!
- Galber and Gabs go through the left flank to put pressure on Conqadon but the little fellow is just too fast! He sprints through the center and changes to the right, he's now in the scoring distance! Flatprot is knocked out!  Situation seems dire, Conqadon is in a bubble, no orcs near him.
- Tough situation, let's see what the orcs, OH THAT WAS A NICE PLAY!
- Gablor the blitzer taking a big role! He dodged out and blitzed down Conqadon earning a casualty in the process. And what's even more spectacular, as he was kicking the poor Conqa's skull in, he managed to grab the bouncing ball. That takes some hand-eye-foot coordination!
- But he's not safe, Xho is brilliant at breaking tackle's and he's in the distance.
- You are like a psychic, Phil! Xho does excactly what you speculated and Gablor goes down. And here comes Goratl and it's another TOUCHDOWN for the spawn buddies!
- More like baddies, they have managed to hurt lots of orc tonight!
- Right you are there, Phil, well, we'll get another kick-off. Minda is the lone sweltering heat victing for the lizzies and only Gablor is out on the orcish side. Flatprot is also out due to KO. Another good deep kick from the lizards that makes it hard for the orcs to score fast which is what they need.
- They have four or five plays to score twice, can't see that happening, but on the other hand, that's no surprise as I don't have any eyes, HA-HAA!
- Galber picks up the ball again and goes for another throw, this time Tuknail gets it, runs to right, guarded by three, NO, two orcs, as the ref ejects Cannonfodder Two for a foul! Lizards spring to action and Guggask the linorc gets his hip smashed in! This injury list is starting look like something out of an old-folks home after a twister night, smashed hips everywhere.
- Well, looks like they might have a chance to score, the right flank is open, is he just manages that blitz!
- That he does, Tuknail that is! Skink goes down and Tuknail sprints forward, but wait a sec, is it...
-  Yeah, that's Xho of Xlanhuapec, I told you he's the master at breaking tackles.
-  Xho at it again, taking down the ball-carried third time in this match. This time Adohichic... a different skink gets the ball. Brothers try to get some protection but here comes Gabsh!
- He ain't getting up, unless there's a friendly necromancer in the stands.
- Gabsh earns a casualty from the death of Tehekaisor the skink and seems he has plenty of time to enjoy that play as he is pushed of the field! This time no halfling food is spilled, so he manages to slip into the dugout unharmed.
- This game is practically over, Gron, no orc is getting through that wall of scales and looks like Adohichichcwaq is backing to the corner. This will be pure violence from now on.
- Looks like you're right Phil, so let's just start the count. Gorxz the skink is the first one to go, looks like bad hurt. Mokast goes down from the force of his own blow, but is unhurt. Morglum is the BOB who earned the casualty. Well, nothing left to see here, ref is already eyeing the clock. Oh, looks like Adohichichcwaq is trying for a throw!
- Us skinks can't throw.
- Right you are, that's a fumble and the game is over! 2 to 0 for the Spawnin Brothers, who are the champs of the 16th NUL season! What was their secret today, Phil?
-  They managed to hurt the orcs and keep their own big guys on the field while succeeding in all the agile playes. Da Freebooterz on the other hand got their casualties, but as all of them were skinks, the lizards managed to keep their strenght advantage. And then there was the one player, that truly stood out.  Xho of Xlanhuapec should be the MVP of this match in my opinion.
- And of course the heat really seemed to affect the orcs more, they didn't have their best on the field at all times. Well, there you have it folks! We have a new champions, and they be the SPAWNIN BROTHERS! That's it from us, but don't forget, we'll be coming to your earballs next season!

---
Yeps, here's a match report written live during the match, so there might be more typos than usual. Congrats to TGA for another championship!

equilibri

Tough game, but it was fun at least!

Congratz to Golden who's lizards are really hard to beat and hopefully they retire now... :D

See u all next season! Maybe my orcz can be totally undefeated then... ;-)

The Golden Arrow

Thanks for the game, it was nice :)

The Lizards will indeed retire now, at least for a while. See you next season!

And a live write up, how awesome!

Match report:

tags

Congratulations Golden!

I guess the greenskins weren't invincible after all.

Gnaarkill

Yea, Congratulations TGA! ;D

And a wonderful text from J-R, absolutly brilliant! :D

Mr B

Quote from: Gnaarkill on September 01, 2014, 09:10:05 PM
Yea, Congratulations TGA! ;D

And a wonderful text from J-R, absolutly brilliant! :D
Salute to the both of you.. J-R Golden

Barmution

Gratz to TGA and commiserations to Equilibri!

Also: Yet another superb writeup from J-R :)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.