S17 - Match Day 6

Started by J-Reedy, September 08, 2014, 10:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr B

There was one more game played to night...
getting back to this tomorrow...

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Lars on October 15, 2014, 10:39:43 PM
and to everyone else don't make fun of the lenght of a dwarf and don't call em midgets they might get violent
/Lars

Haha! True words indeed!

I mean, the searchparty for Snow white single-handedly managed to retire the whole team of the Old World Pirates. This was litteraly the end of an era, chaos and animosity has spread in the team now when no one is able to take over the place of the Pirates leader Guybrush Threepwood who have lead the team for 3 seasons straight.

Some word some from Gnaarkill, the CEO of the Old World Pirates, on the pressconference after the match:
"This was an end of an era. The Pirates will hand over the official resign papers which states their retirement for the next season. I also want to thank all the players for their hard work and fellow coaches who have helped the team develop. I also want to pay my respect to Guybrush Threepwood, you are a fucking hero man!"

Gnaarkill left the conference shortly after his speech, saying no more.

A good advice to all other coaches, don't try to mock the dwarves and especially don't call their longboats for "midget boats", they are relentless in their search for snow white! They won't let anything come in their way of their quest!  ;D

GG Lars! I had a blast even though i lost bad!
I admit it was quite boring in the final turns when i only had a troll and a goblin but before that it was pure fun! ;D

J-Reedy

Holy cow, I just took a stroll in the harbour and looked into the HMS Gnaarkill. The normally so busy ship was derelict, only few goblins were strolling on the deck and looking sadly at body bags waiting for a burial at the sea. I thought that the ship might have run into a freakish storm but looking at the match report, it was a freakishly violent dwarf team.

You weren't kidding about career ending game Gnaar-man, the Pirates rooster looks more like a starting goblin team now... Don't know what's wrong with this season, seems like we've had a game with a whopper number of casualties, well above the statistical average, in every week now. And getting three death rolls in injuries in one match, that's reeeeally unlucky (or lucky I guess, if you're the one playing the reaper role). Well, I hope this game got you enough injury karma for next season to get a nice game going!

Lars

Feel a bit sad for the Goblins they are usualy fun to play against with all the funny trix and and secret wepons.
I don't like that i force the retirement of a team but BB is BB and such thing can happen.

hope for you next team to hold up better

/Lars

Barmution

It's like this in every league I'm playing in atm. Don't know wtf is up with the 2d6 as of late, it's just crazy and seems to be incredibly one-sided too :(

Hope you'll come back with another team, Gnaar. You're always a fun opponent.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

BLOOD BOWL MATCH BREAKS OUT DURING A RENOVATION
A sudden Blood Bowl match erupted tonight quite suddenly at the testing grounds of the famed armor manufacturer Fantasy Armor Inc. According to preliminary reports it seems that the plumbing of the Fantasy Armor Inc's office buildings had suddenly failed two months ago and plumbing firm Warpstone Plumbers had been called to fix the problem. Surprisingly the plumbers actually appeared on the scene just 9 weeks after they had been called. How the match got started is still a mystery, but there are speculations that the Fantasy Armor Inc's Blood Bowl team was testing their new uniforms on the practice field when the Warpstone Plumbers crew arrived and decided that the best place to dig out the faulty plumbing was smack in middle of the said practice field. It is assumed that Fantasy Armor Inc's team didn't respond kindly to the goblin and skaven workers staring to dig holes onto their practice field and thus an impromptu Blood Bowl game erupted.
The result of the BB game was as follows: FAI: 1 touchdown (TD), 6 casualties (CAS), 6 knock outs (KO). WP: 1 TD, 0 CAS, 3 KO. According to eye witness reports the Warpstone Plumbers crew surprised the Fantasy Armor Inc team with their effective defence and prowess of their Skaven Blitzers. Plumbers were actually quite close in winning the game but the Fantasy Armor Inc were saved when a ball-carrying Skaven stunned himself while trying to dodge over a hole that the Warpstone Plumbers crew had dug on the field.
It has not yet been confirmed if the Warpstone Plumbers are taking action against the Fantasy Armor Inc for injuring half of the firm's plumbing crew. Fantasy Armor officials have declined any comments.

Quite an exciting game where Golden's gobbos seemed dodge at will but one failed dodge of a skaven blitzer prevented Golden getting a win. Golden played extremely nice Blood Bowl, as usually, and the game was suspenseful almost all of the match. Thanks again for the game Golden!

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Barmution on October 16, 2014, 12:11:52 PM
Hope you'll come back with another team, Gnaar. You're always a fun opponent.

Oh! I sure will do! :D
Already thinking about what team to pick next :)

And Lars, don't be sorry, as I said I had a blast playing the game. This is BLOOD bowl ;D
I really felt how attached i have gotten to my little gobbo pirates and that's what I love about this game. This was a perfect ending to a wonderful team. If this had not happened i would probably have played the pirates forever :P

And thx for a nice fluff text about the HSM Gnaarkill, J-R  ;D

Mr B

The two coaches approached each other shakes hands.
"Take care now" said Bantha to Equilibri.
"That is one nasty team you have, must be easy to coach it.
I brought some kegs, one extra apo and a Wiz for company, I hope you like them" he grinned as replay.

And the Ref sounded the whistle tune to let everyone know, Game is On!
High up in the air the ball was sent.
The green one, followed the ball.. hmm landing far back, "Gehey Okey, that'll doo" but to the Zombies at the front line.
It sounded more like a burp from the Troll.

While following the ball, The Bowlers took the Boooooterz by surprise and charged ahead.
Knocking down the bad ass Orc blitzer, but it did not penetrate the armour.

"SHIT!" Bantha heard Equi's vague voice in the distance.
The Orcs apart from the one in the box beside the field did not hear nor bothered.

One Cas on the Heavy armoured Zombie, one ko on the anabolic wight...
Equi glanzed at Bantha, and B's fist was looking to snap the broom he was grabbing in frustration.
"Rudjuuuuunnngh", that vein on the forehead could pop any second he thought.

Already moving up in the blitz, still to far away for getting the anabolic ballhandling Orc.
The Mummy Kling with the block skill, atempted to nail down the badass Bob to the grass.
Skull/Skull.... ooh, Team training!! changed the result to.. Skull/Skull shait!
What an uppercut, where did that come from?!?!
And the second later it was Kling who was nailed to the ground.
The black orc eyes beamed with joy!

Some re-positioning by the Boooterz and a pass/ catch moved the ball to a jump up elven style Blitzer.

Anabolic ghoul made a 2d blitz but failed to get him down, now to put more pressure on the blitzer the sidestepping ghoul joined in.

The orc blitz  failed but cleaning up nicely on the left side of the field it only took 3+/4+/3+ to dodge away to safety with the ball.
Bantha's jaw was as low as it could get.
Birds could actually build a nest in his mouth now, if they were fast enough that is.

Long eyes on Equilibri, was just replayed with a shrug "What?"
"WHERE DO YOU TRAIN THE TEAM?", Bantha shouted to Equi trying to overpower the crowed noise.
As the Orc fans was getting all.. Cas, Ballhandling, Fouls... "Huzza!!"
"Go Booterz Go Booterz!" the chant was on!

"YOU ALWAYS MANAGE THIS ELF MOVES!", B continued.
The smile went from ear to ear on Equi, it was more or less, "Yeh, what about it?"

Zombies and ghouls speeded back for better defending positions, forcing more team training as they almost stumbled.
B was waving with and his body language said... FFS BACK BACK BAACK!

Covering up and moving down deeper in the Undead defense zone was partially failed when suddenly the Orc Blitz blodger stumbled and fell.
Two GFI later the Anabolic ghoul could try a new 2d blitz.. but again failed to get him down even with team training.

Having the upper hand in this half Equi ordered a slow move, instead of scoring directly...
Getting up some protection, the ball was now 2 feet (squares) from the TD zone.

Third attempt from the Anabolic ghoul worked and the ball was free.
Getting in with Three players around the ball in order to put some pressure on the orcs.
But the orc did the orc thing, one MB ghoul was badly hurt by the might piling on Bitzer.
SS ghoul was stunned.

And now the Orc's had three Booters around the ball, Bowlers had still two..
Hoping to get the ball free by knocking over a gobbo, did not work as a both down/both down could not initiate that.
Only stunning the little green one.

Desperate House Ghouls was forced to blitz, pick up ball in one TZ, and flee...
And he made it!!! "Phew", the thumbs was squeezed now in the hands of Bantha.

Teo GFI to get just a little bit away... was also made.
Undead had one RR left and had used 4, Booters had used One... so far.

"Crap now it TURNS" B heard the voice from Equilibri in the distance.
The wiz was summoned and ZAP!!
The ghoul was still standing...
"Eeh, do it again or what did I just pay you??" E asked the young wizard.
"That is not how it works I'm sorry, good luck I'll get back to my studies now", the young wizard replayed.

Equi stared at him, and focused on the equally strong Thrower. A angry nod towards the ghoul made the thrower focusing all.
This is it, Bang down he fell and the ball was dropped to the crowed.
Landed in the middle of the undead defense zone, or the upper part of it.
The ghoul was found carried away from the field, the crowed just enjoyed the show!
Two ghouls out, one zombie out.. strong wight Ko'd.
Jum Jum, the part of securing the ball was not hard at all.

One last feeble attempt on the ball demanded a -2d block.. skull/skull... last RR, arrow / skull..
The orc moved on and scored.
1-0 to the Booterz.

One last turn for the Bowlers, one BH from Klink on a niggled Bob but the extra apo made sure he was still in the game.
And for the second half the strong wight recovered finally.

The kick went of the field and was placed in the hands of a rookie wrestle ghoul, moving forward.
11-10, this needs to be done carefully.
The same Bob goes down again and is killed when the little skeleton toe punctures the life vein in the throat.
Apo of the team steps forward, "I got this" just bring him of field so I can fix him.
And that he does.
10-10..
Blitz on the orcs and a move to the right, nothing happens.
Orc blitz removes the blodgeing wight, moving to mid field defending the area.
10-9
Blitz + foul + moving to scoring distance with the ball.
Blitz on ghoul with guard + piling on.. and moving up closing in on the ball handler.
10-9
Blitz and a bob is ko'd and running down to the TD zone deciding not to score, the bowlers are in trouble two dudes is sent down for protection.
Not many orcs around.
9-9
Blitz and block from the orc.. nothing happens
Blitz + foul nothing happens, bowlers are now clearly stalling.
Orcs pushes forward closing in on the ball.
Some result-less blocks are committed before the TD is made.
1-1
And  11-8 to the Booters.
Orcs goes in the undead defense zone again, effortless as there are no one there to cover up the side lines.
One zombie on the lose is badly hurt no regen.
The the Thrower fails the pickup.. 2 surehands 1

Anabolic wight runs down to the thrower tightening him up, and the guard ghoul does the same.. but also in on the ball with side step.
That was four gfi to pull that of.
Turn 14/15 and bowlers has used one RR and booters zero so far.
The ref blows the whistle, "That is NOT allowed here!" the skeleton leaves the field stunning the Jump up blitzer.

The piling on blitzer charges the guard ss ghoul and ko's him without piling.
Ghoul sidesteps on too the ball, and it bounces one step back to the td zone of the Booterz.
Thrower dodges elf style and elf style he rolls 1/1 on the pickup... failing again!

With 5 players left, there is not much to do...
AG 2 wight gets the inzane order.. go for TD!!
Of course, Bantha normally never does this, quite pointless but why not then.
Equi has shown us that way of the Elf.

4+/5+/4+/2+/2+
Dodge, pickup in one zone and dodge and gfi followed by gfi is needed.
Below 6% chance...
5/6/5/4/5 is rolled.. 1-2 for the Bolwers...

Equi, throws out his hands in the air...
"All 'luck' in first half is not worth elk shit now, IS IT!"
Bantha's jaw is still hanging so low an squirrel could hide his treasures comfortable in there.
"What.. That... Not... Huh... How... DOH... say what....impossible!".. really addressing no one with his gibberish.

The orcs lines up and Badly hurt's the rookie ghoul and then the game more or less ends.

Thanks Equi for one hellish game.
Never seen the like of the last turns before... I'm still stunned buy that last move....
I might just have to go with the Equi-wibes more often.

Good luck in the upcoming games dude!

equilibri

Quote from: Mr B on October 17, 2014, 12:19:05 AM

Never seen the like of the last turns before... I'm still stunned buy that last move....

Yeah, it was a hellish game... Both of us had our piece of lucky shots, but the worst thing in the game was my 2 failures (with Sure Hands) to pick up the ball in the end of the game!
It is such an unfair game sometimes...
But, still, your team is better on the paper, so I guess it was a fair result...

Keep on rolling those bones to victory! Maybe I get my rematch in the playoffs... :D

Luiggi

Quote from: kvasilad on October 15, 2014, 03:44:00 PM
Hi L, Monday at 2100 is my first chance I'm afraid. I think I can play more days next week as well, probably Tue, Wed, Thur from 20.

Monday between 21.30 and 22.00 is our best chance then, is that ok for you?

Mr B

Quote from: equilibri on October 17, 2014, 08:32:06 AM
Quote from: Mr B on October 17, 2014, 12:19:05 AM

Yeah, it was a hellish game... Both of us had our piece of lucky shots, but the worst thing in the game was my 2 failures (with Sure Hands) to pick up the ball in the end of the game!
It is such an unfair game sometimes...
But, still, your team is better on the paper, so I guess it was a fair result...

Keep on rolling those bones to victory! Maybe I get my rematch in the playoffs... :D
indeed. Lets hope.
:)

tags

Quote from: Luiggi on October 17, 2014, 11:34:37 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on October 15, 2014, 03:44:00 PM
Hi L, Monday at 2100 is my first chance I'm afraid. I think I can play more days next week as well, probably Tue, Wed, Thur from 20.

Monday between 21.30 and 22.00 is our best chance then, is that ok for you?

Monday at 2130 is slightly late, but should work for me. I would like to start as early as possible, but may actually be home a bit later, so it might be closer to 22 if I'm unlucky. Let's try to aim for 2130, I'll let you know if I'll be a few mins late.

Barmution

Anybody heard anything from Müller as of late? Sent him a PM same day as I posted my availability but I've yet to hear anything  :-\
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

muller71

Quote from: Barmution on October 19, 2014, 03:15:30 PM
Anybody heard anything from Müller as of late? Sent him a PM same day as I posted my availability but I've yet to hear anything  :-\

Sorry for not replying. Monday starting at 21 CEST?

Barmution

Got another match starting at that time. Can you do either Monday at 1900 CEST or Tuesday at 2100 CEST?