S17 - Match Day 5

Started by J-Reedy, September 08, 2014, 10:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

- Umm... Mr. Gron... Shouldn't we be doing the magicast? It's been two weeks already?
- Not now Nippy, I'm busier than a beaver-bee in giant flowerwoods! Much to do! Teams to analyze! Coaches to meet! Brothels to test-drive! Rumours to investigate! And don't you forget that its Crisismash soon, so I'll have to get our Sandy Claws defences in order!
- Umm... Okay, mr. Gron... I just thought that you might've wanted to tell the people how there are three teams are still undefeated in NUL and how two of those teams will play against each other this week and how all but one green team have had a tough early season and how Morg is suing the league for false death declaration and how Ripper is causing controversy by signing to play on multiple teams during same week and how there's been curiosly large amount of draws but how that might be explained by the experience of the teams making it hard to score on them...
- Nonsense! That's trivial and superficial! I'll need to get the listeners hard, deep-cut analysis! l'll have to dig deeper into the league! Give me that shovel!
- Umm... Here you go, mr. Gron... I just don't understand how digging into league treasury would offer us any new information, I think they keep just all of their gold there...
- Shut up and dig, Nippy!

It's week five, try to thrive or just survive!

J-Reedy

Yo, Barm! Pack up your ion-stabilizer powered cotton-candy machines, warm the flux capacitors in you Delorry carts and prepare your science carnies for some northern exposure. You can park between the Karl's Mount and Hansatown breweries, there's a nice field there with plenty of room for you exhibits and I'm prepared to visit the fair on following CEST/GMT+2 starting times:

- Wednesday (today) 18-21
- Thursday 18-20
- Friday 18-22
- Saturday any time

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. I don't know about later days yet, more about them closer to weekend, if nescessary.

Mr B

Dear Luiggi.. how about next Tuesday 21 cest.
Can your battered team, come out and play then?
Cheers
B

Luiggi

Quote from: Mr B on October 08, 2014, 09:07:24 AM
Cheers
B

Hmmm, that's a tricky hour. I finish work every day from Monday to Thursday at 21.30. The sooner I can start is 22.00 (I need time to get home and eat!). If that's ok with you, we can settle for Tuesday at 22.00.

I'd prefer playing on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, though, but if that's impossible Tuesday will have to work.

Barmution

Quote from: J-Reedy on October 08, 2014, 07:05:13 AM
Yo, Barm! Pack up your ion-stabilizer powered cotton-candy machines, warm the flux capacitors in you Delorry carts and prepare your science carnies for some northern exposure. You can park between the Karl's Mount and Hansatown breweries, there's a nice field there with plenty of room for you exhibits and I'm prepared to visit the fair on following CEST/GMT+2 starting times:

- Wednesday (today) 18-21
- Thursday 18-20
- Friday 18-22
- Saturday any time

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. I don't know about later days yet, more about them closer to weekend, if nescessary.
Why hello there, subject sevent... eh, mr. Reedy, sir!

Many thanks to you and Fantasy Armor Inc. for meeting most of the specifications for pitch location. Surely the lack of soundproofing will be made up for by the noise from the ever-busy breweries of you uncivilized barb... eh, feisty northerners. The screams of the damned ...eh, damned well entertained will probably be at least somewhat contained.

Tomorrow (Thursday) at 1900 CEST/GMT+2 would be super-perfect!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Hiya Muller, I'm limited before Monday, but Monday at 2100 would be perfect.

Failing that, I think I have some other times next week, but it will be tight.

J-Reedy

Quote from: Barmution on October 08, 2014, 03:47:11 PM
Why hello there, subject sevent... eh, mr. Reedy, sir!

Many thanks to you and Fantasy Armor Inc. for meeting most of the specifications for pitch location. Surely the lack of soundproofing will be made up for by the noise from the ever-busy breweries of you uncivilized barb... eh, feisty northerners. The screams of the damned ...eh, damned well entertained will probably be at least somewhat contained.

Tomorrow (Thursday) at 1900 CEST/GMT+2 would be super-perfect!
-Barm

Nice one :)

Tomorrow is excellent for me also, so let us rumble and tumble tomorrow at 19 hundred hours.

equilibri

Gnaarkill!

So, when can I play...

Thu 9/10: 20:00->
Sun 12/10: 10:00 or 21:00
Mon 13/10: 18:00->

That is about it... Hope it works for you!

Mr B

Quote from: Luiggi on October 08, 2014, 12:04:00 PM
Quote from: Mr B on October 08, 2014, 09:07:24 AM
Cheers
B

Hmmm, that's a tricky hour. I finish work every day from Monday to Thursday at 21.30. The sooner I can start is 22.00 (I need time to get home and eat!). If that's ok with you, we can settle for Tuesday at 22.00.

I'd prefer playing on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, though, but if that's impossible Tuesday will have to work.
Ok.. Saturday could be possible..
But there is no guarantee for this.. 21-22 as starting time.
And Tuesday as backup then...
I have to get back on this during Saturday...
Cheers!

Lars

Golden when are u able to play ?

I can play

friday 20 -23
sunday 20 -23
monday 19 -
thuesday 19-
wednesday 19 -

/Lars

Gnaarkill

Quote from: equilibri on October 08, 2014, 11:01:22 PM
Gnaarkill!

So, when can I play...

Thu 9/10: 20:00->
Sun 12/10: 10:00 or 21:00
Mon 13/10: 18:00->

That is about it... Hope it works for you!

Hey Equilibri!

Sunday @21.00 would be excellent for me.
See you then!

/Gnaarkill

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: Lars on October 09, 2014, 12:36:06 PM
Golden when are u able to play ?

I can play

friday 20 -23
sunday 20 -23
monday 19 -
thuesday 19-
wednesday 19 -

/Lars

Sunday might work, don't know when I get home though. Otherwise Monday should work.

J-Reedy

- Oh boy, I tell you mate, there's no easier job than being the manager of the Fantasy Armor Inc's Blood Bowl team. I mean those guys keep getting knock down left and right - either from drunken stupor or blocks - but nothing gets through their armor. I haven't had to look for any new players or do any roster management in ages!
- Yeah, it's a lot tougher at our end in the product development, they keep asking for new and improved products every time someone in the team gets a scratch.
- I feel the pain, mate. Well, I guess I'll have to pop into office. Lunch as usual?
- Yep, nothing beats Tee Gee Why Tor's Day's.
- See ya.
- Not if I see ya first, ha-ha!
- ... It's bee a hard game's night, and I've been blocking like a dog, but when I get home to you... Hi Betty! Any news?
- OH MY, THANKS TO GODS YOU'RE FINALLY HERE! They've been trying to get hold of you all morning! Here are the papers on the most promising ones, no stars on the market and the transfer deadline has closed on all leagues but the local pub league! Here are the rosters and heres...
- Hold on, Betty! What an earth is going on here?
- Weren't you in the game?
- Betty, you know I don't like dwarfs, they're so creepy, especially those chaos ones. They make my ears shiver, probably due to my elvish blood, have I told you about that? How my grandmother was...
- There's no time for that, sir! The Mad Science Fair did some number on the team! 8 casualties, sir!
- What!
- One dead - well, technically two - but Doctor House managed to save Abby Enchancer, but he won't be able to dress up anything but our lightest armor now. Wriststrengthy will also miss the next game, but he'll be ok.
- Whose the dead one? Should I be worried?
- Roy Oh.
- WHAT! He was our star runner, where do I find as good a runner! Damn! How much did we lose?
- We tied, sir!
- What!
- Yes, sir. They jumped 1-0 on us but then the crowd tried to storm the nearby breweries and ref wound back the game clock. We got the equalizer just before the half. Then they started hitting us hard in the second half so Kal Utan was just trying to keep the ball deep - looking for a throwing chance. But then lightning took him down when we only got five players on the field. But he got up and long-bombed the ball to their side. They bounced the ball to stands and the local drinking society threw the ball next to their endzone. Killy dodged out and scored the go-ahead 2-1. But then we kicked the ball out and centaurs got the ball. Tried to stop them, but we could only field six players and they didn't get the centaur down, so he dodged out and scored the equalizer!
- 8 casualties! How many dwarfs did we injure?
- None, sir. Zero casualties for us. But we did get one Knock Out!
- ...All right, this is serious. Guess I'll have to start earning my keep. Give me those papers, dig up any intel we have on those pub leagues. Oh, and send a boy to Mickey to let him know that I won't be making it to lunch!
- Right away, sir!
- Here's all we got on the pub leagues, sir. Not much, I'm afraid, they got good stats on first few downs, but after that it gets quite sloppy. They really shouldn't let the game officials have free beer.
- There's nothing here, nothing but over-weight has and never-beens. Isn't there really any league where the transfer window is still open?
- Well, there's the goblin leagues...
- Gods, I'm really in binder here...
- Sir! Mickelsson said he understands you're busy. He also told me to say that "I guess you're really feeling the pain now, mate".
- What, how did you get to Mickelsson and back so fast boy? He's in the next building, it should've taken much longer.
- I ran, sir.
- ... You ever played Blood Bowl, boy?
- No, sir. They never let me, said I was too ill-tempered 'cause I kept fighting with kids stronger than me.
- Hmmmm... What's your name boy?
- Mylow Man Ara, sir.
- Come with me, we'll have a little chat at the practise field. Betty! Bring the chronometer imp. I want to time this boy running!

-------------------------

Well, this was a bit of a Pyrhic draw for me. Nothing could get through the chaos armor while Sharktopus and his mates were wrangling my team around to their will. But to offset my armor and injury rolls, I got lucky with the crowd throw and then some key agility rolls that there required for both of my TDs. Although, I wouldn't have to have relied on agility so much if my sure hands thrower hadn't fumbled the ball pick-up on two turns. Really a nail-biter as the match rating shows. Thanks for the maiming, Barm! Hope you keep up the same pace, at least with all those teams that haven't played against me yet;)

tags

Whoa! 8! That's some pretty hard maiming right there.

equilibri

Quote from: Gnaarkill on October 09, 2014, 12:49:00 PM

Hey Equilibri!

Sunday @21.00 would be excellent for me.
See you then!

/Gnaarkill

Sounds great!
I'm going to the cinema before that on sunday, so I might be a few minutes late, but hopefully I will make it!
Unless you are alright with 21:30 instead so that I am sure I will make it?