S17 - Match Day 5

Started by J-Reedy, September 08, 2014, 10:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnaarkill

Quote from: equilibri on October 13, 2014, 06:30:14 AM
No problemo! That was a really sick delay on that flight!
I'd rather play the game than get a WO, anyway, so lets play today! :D

See u att 18:00 tonight!

Tell me about it!
Well, the problem was that the flight was overbooked... so we had to go from Amsterdam to Copenhagen and then to Gothenburg instead of going direct from Amsterdam to Gothenburg. Worst flight in my life!  >:(

Anyway, enough whining! Let's get it on today! :D

/Gnaar

Lars

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on October 12, 2014, 09:14:55 PM
Hi lasse, sorry for not showing up for the game. I've had real life chaos that's included forgotten keys and 3 hour train drive. Should have told you of course but it sorta fell away.

I'm happy to drop this game, but can also play tomorrow if you want to.

we can play tonight at 20:00

/Lars

The Golden Arrow

equilibri

Quote from: Gnaarkill on October 13, 2014, 09:20:46 AM

Tell me about it!
Well, the problem was that the flight was overbooked... so we had to go from Amsterdam to Copenhagen and then to Gothenburg instead of going direct from Amsterdam to Gothenburg. Worst flight in my life!  >:(

Anyway, enough whining! Let's get it on today! :D

/Gnaar

I hope your adventure doesn't affect your gameplay... :D

See u at 18:00!

equilibri

After a delay in Amsterdam (propably eating mushroom, or something like that) the Old World Pirates arrived at the stadium.

Da Freeboooterz had been warming up since yesterday, cause da coach did not think that leaving the field was an option, so they were pretty tired. This was showing in the first part of the match when the gobbos in OWP managed to fly over their heads and also steal the ball in front of their feet... (A 4+ pick up with Sure Hands, and then a 3+ dodge away from tackle...)
It also seemed the orcs in Da Freeboooterz had forgotten how to fight.
(3 doubleskulls in 5 turns... a 2-die block with Block and Tackle, with ReRoll on the ballcarrier without success, and then beaten down by a 1-die from a goblin...)
And that is why 0-1 was a fair score!

Then the tide turned...

First OWP got a Perfect Defence on the Kickoff, but that did not help, cause their bigger cousins i DF just bashed away on the gobbos, so defence was not possible. A blitz that took the ball and ran for the TD-zone made 1-1 a fair score before second half.

Now both the Chainsaw and the Fanatic was back on the field... For a while...
OWP got a Blitz on kickoff and sent forward the chainsaw! Unfortunately he had forgotten his blade in the KO-booth, so it did nothing...
2 turns later he was yet another casualty...
The Fanatic spun away and tried to do something cool... A Black Orc smashed back (2-die uphill gave defender down/defender stumbles) and the Ball and Chain became an ornament in the CAS-booth...

So, the game continued with more gobbos being beaten off field, and Da Freeboooterz advancing with the ball, and in turn 14 they scored 2-1...
Why did they give OWP a chance for 2-2? Nobody knows, but the rumour says that the coach used to be "engaged" to a goblin and that Ripper, who was gueststarring in OWP, was the coach's biggest hero...
Anyway, a great kick from a Black Orc and some fumbling gobbo-hands gave Da Freeboooterz 2 gobbos a chance to score 3-1 in the final seconds of the game, but 4+ pickup seemed to be tooooo hard even with a ReRoll, so the game ended with a troll hitting himself in the head with a helmet of a Black Orc...

Great and entertaining game, Gnaar! Always a blast playing against you!

The Golden Arrow

I'll be 15 mins late, sorry.

The Golden Arrow

I'm really sorry for the delay,life didn't like me playing bb right now. Logging in.

Lars

The match between the dwarfs and the plumbers has been played. The dwarfs managed to pull off a 1-0 victory. First half the dwarfs started with the ball  and struggled with trying to possition the cage and the runner so that they could push forward. they managed to inflict some injuries but at some point the plumbers managed to destroy the cage and hit the ball carrier. they managed to hold back the dwarfs untill half time but with some major damage to the team think they had 4 players BH and 2 KO (the warpstone troll was one of them).

the plumbers started the second half with the ball but a couple of players short. they tried to move through the defence on one of the sides but it resulted in that most of the team got caught on the one side and allowed the dwarfs to apply some crowd surfing. but the ball carrier managed to flee down to the plumbers half of the filed with just 3 other players left on the dwarf side of the pitch (one was the bombthrowing star player). A methodic hunt for the plumbers player later on ruesulted in that only the former ball carrier and 11 dwarfs where still on the pitch. One dwarf with the ball ready to score and the rest had surounded the rat. the dwarfs finaly scored in the last round.

a quite violent match where the spectators got to kill one player and hurt some others. Golden sorry for all the injuries at least most of them where BH.

/Lars

Gnaarkill

Quote from: equilibri on October 13, 2014, 07:41:29 PM
Great and entertaining game, Gnaar! Always a blast playing against you!

Nice report and thank you for the game Equilibri!

It really was a game of all emotions i can think of, for me the first half was paradise while the second half was hell. Joy, Sadness, Happiness, Hatred... haha it had it all and it was a blast ;D

GG!

/Gnaarkill

tags

So, Da Gitz finally get their first win of the season.. but it was anything but easy.

Gitz are really taking hits in the first half, starting with the ball, but after being knocked left and right, are really struggling early. A few amazing rolls are chained together to see the Zlluga Boyz steal the ball, get it into the hands of a gobbo which is thrown perfectly deep and runs in for the TD.

Nearing second quarter, Gitz get the ball again. This time a deep kick which makes the returner having to backpeddle to get it. Suddenly, lightning strikes the kick returner, a goblin comes flying deep down the field again, steals the ball, and nabs another touchdown. Zlluga Boyz are up 2-0, and it's still only midway through the first half.

Gitz get the ball for the third time, and this time manage to rush with some power through the gobbos, to make it a one-possession game at half-time with 2-1.

At the start of the second half, the goblins are really starting to feel the attrition, and have some serious numbers disadvantage. Even though the goblins receive, they are quickly swarmed and overpowered. The trolls have also decided to stop playing at this point, and start eating gobbos instead, which is really not helping the case.

Gitz come away with the ball after a brawl around the line, and quickly get it to the end zone for the equalizer midway through second half.

Last possession is much of the same, brought on by another failed gobbo throw, the ball is fumbled and recovered by NOG. There's quite the nailbiting finish, but Nuffle decided to smile on the Gitz, and the winning touchdown is just eeked in at the last second of the match.

Second match day in a row vs goblins, and both of those matches have seen som sick dice! I've had horrible D6 while the smaller skinz have had some pretty solid ones. In this match, the dice did give me some crucial key rolls further into the game though, so can't really complain here.

Thanks for the game muller71, it was a really exciting one! Shame about the ag4 gobbo being eaten. I'm probably firing a lvl2 BOB who got -AV.