S17 - Match Day 3

Started by J-Reedy, September 08, 2014, 10:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Goblin Taimes, issue 3/17, Excerpt from the Sports section:
Go Go Goblins Go Go Win Gobwin!
The happy news of the week come from the Blood Bowl league NUL where the 2nd match week of the season was played last week and the goblin representatives Zlluga Boys and Old World Pirates proved to be unbeatable! Zlluga boys showed that pure goblin power is superior to mineroid-pumping and alliances with weaker races as the 'boys took a win over the Underworld Plumbers. This reporter of Goblin Taimes let himself be told that the Zlluga's were so dominating, that the underworld team is considering to returning to the plumbing business. Win over the sullied ones, Go Goblins, Gobwin!
As told, the other proud representative of our race, Old World Pirates, were also undefeated in their match agains the almost bare-naked man side of Fantasy Armor Inc. The match ended in a draw but the goblin team was clearly superior on the field! However, once again, the star player Captain Hook caused two casualties but was awarded no casualties in official statistics. An outrage! Also, as is customary, Captain Hook once again officially apologized for two of his team-mates for hurting them. Draw against the furry humans, Go Goblins!
Goblin domination continued also in the ColaChaos versus the Da Freeboooterz match where the brains of the dum green ones, their goblin star player Cheezeburga, massacred the chaos minotaur so badly that the beast had to be carried off the field. Cheeseburga's brave sneak-attack helped the otherwise inadept big greens to a 1-1 draw. Cheezeburga da champion, Go Goblins!
The other big green team of the league, New Orc Gitz decided to play their match against the Mad Science Fair without goblin power. Dum green ones! They lost, proving that the dum green ones need goblin wisery to have a chance to win. Goblin wisery, Go Goblins!
The final report comes from the once-dead Nattbowlarna's victorious match against the dwarf team In search of snow white. The highlight of this match was the new record in the rat-bun sales by an individual vendor. The new record holder is Ronnald McDonnald and he's a goblin! McDonnald the goblin got the record, Go Goblins!
-----

Excerpt from the small news section of Tombville Towne Cryer issue 3b/17:
Goblin pickpocket arrested during the Nattbowlarna match
Stadium security arrested a curious goblin pick-pocket during the latest Nattbowlarna match. According to the official law enforcement reports the said goblin thief of the name of Ronnald McDonnald had managed to acquire a record number of purses by the curious method of replacing his victims purses with rat-buns so that the victims wouldn't notice the disappearance of their purses by the sudden lightening of their purse strings. The security officials however became aware mr. McDonnald's connivery when the foul aroma of rat-buns overwhelmed the B-section of the stands and caused sudden sickness in several spectators. According to officials, the unusually high-concentration of rat-buns was close to causing a dangerous situation of mass-poisoning that was only avoided by the quick thinking of security official that gathered up the rat-buns and dumped them to nearest safe waste deposal unit. McDonnald will be charged for 604 cases of petty-theft and 603 cases of attempted poisoning.
-----

Excerpt from the TROLLY ROCKTHINGS, issue MANY/MANY:
BIG MIRRACLE!
STOMPA GO SEE BASHING! BONY-THINGS BASH HAIRY SMALL THINGS! STOMPAS SHINY ROCK THING HOLDING THING TURN TO FOOD! STOMPA EAT FOOD! FOOD GOOD! TASTE FURRY! BONY THING COME AND GIVE STOMPA MORE FOOD! STOMPA FEEL GOOD! MIRRACLE!

J-Reedy

Luiggi, my team has a sudden craving for cola-flavored confectionary, I wonder if you could help me with that one? I'm on the final week of my "summer" vacation, so I'm quite available during the following CEST/GMT+2 times:
- Monday (today) - any time
- Tuesday - any time
- Thursday - any time
- Saturday - any time

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. I know that the timeframes are tight, but hope there's something suitable for you.

Luiggi

Hey there!

You might think we're cola flavoured, but we are actually chocolate flavoured! The team name comes from Cola Cao, a Spanish brand of hot chocolate powder. Much sweeter!

Anyway, I'll probably be able to lay today at 20.00, but I have to confirm this once I get to work this afternoon. I'll send you a message later.

equilibri

Lasseman!

Your short guys against my green guys! :D

I can play:

Today 22/9: 18:00->
Wed 24/9: 19:00->
Thu 25/9: 19:00->
Fri 26/9: 19:00->
Sat 27/9: 19:00->
Sun 28/9: 19:00->

So, what do u think?

Luiggi

Finally I didn't have to wait until this afternoon to confirm it. I'll see you on the pitch at 20.00!

By the way, just read your gobbo report and chuckled a couple of times, good one!

J-Reedy

Quote from: Luiggi on September 22, 2014, 11:37:48 AM
Finally I didn't have to wait until this afternoon to confirm it. I'll see you on the pitch at 20.00!

See you then!

Thanks for solving the mystery with your team name for me, I thought the cola was some italian word play. Never heard of that spanish brand, I think we don't have it here. The most popular brand in Finland is Nestle with that rabbit of theirs, Nesquik. Why, everybody knows that rabbits make the best coco!

Lars

Quote from: equilibri on September 22, 2014, 10:03:00 AM
Lasseman!

I can play:

So, what do u think?

shall we try today monday at 20:00?

/Lars

equilibri

Quote from: Lars on September 22, 2014, 03:33:38 PM
Quote from: equilibri on September 22, 2014, 10:03:00 AM
Lasseman!

I can play:

So, what do u think?

shall we try today monday at 20:00?

/Lars

That will work fine! See u at 20:00 tonight!

Lars

okej just played the strangest match they siad I was facing orcs and they looked like orcs smelld like orcs talked like orcs but they acted like wood elfs. If you looked thiere way they fell over and was injured if they got the hands on the ball they started to pass it. They also practiced the dodge game.

The game was very weighted to the dwarfs with redicilous armor and injury rolls.
sorry equilibri for smacking your team up like this hope you get mre luckie in the future.

/Lars

Luiggi

Norse proved their superiority by hacking the chaos side. With several permanent injuries on key players, the momentum of the team seems to have stopped. With Bully Cao out of form despite the MVP award (probably obtained via jury intimidation) the team is struggling to get results. We'll see how the rookies perform against the seasoned Chaos Dwarves...

Well played, it was interesting to get down to 5 men... Only this time there were no gutter runners to save the day :)

J-Reedy

Too late for detailed match report, let's see if I'll get something done later. This was quite an injury nuffling for Luiggi, I think it was by turn 4 or 5 when I had gotten 2 Chaos warriors and 2 beasts out, which meant Luiggi was playing undermanned and understrenght practically from the start. Meanwhile, my players had their armor cracked all the time, but being true Fantasy Armor products, they protected them from any serious injuries. Well, except for Steeltoe Boots, who got killed, probably a faulty patch from the factory there. And if the injury luck wasn't enough, I also got the kickoff luck, a blitz at the start of the second half and then a quick-snap for my second offensive drive. I scored at the end of first when two turns were left as I was fearing the wizard. So Luiggi got a chance for quick score, but my kick was deep and then the beast failed pickup so the chance for scoring on the final turn required some heavy dicing which failed at the third to last die.
Second half: injuries continued to favour me half and I got the ball away, but then wizard struck and one of the remaining Chaos Warriors went dodge grazy. He dodged away, picked up the ball, gfid away, took a frenzy blitz standing and then dodged to score the equalizer. I had four turns to score and 8 to 11 man advantage which I did on the final turn after the only beastie boy with a blitz chance at the ball carrier failed a dodge (beast was +2ag, so unlucky dice even there for Luiggi). Thanks again for the match, Luiggi, you took the dice rape as a gentleman!

Barmution

Wow, Equi and Luiggi got (about) the same treatment as my Chorfs in another league on Sunday: 3 turns in and I've got 3 dead Blockers and 1 w -MA. Nuffle has appearantly decided to get his hands dirty as of late.

Gnaar: When do you fancy playing? I can start Thursday or Friday evening (1900-2100) or early (1100-1200) or late (2100) Sunday. Any of those suit you?
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Hiya Golden, I'm a bit stretched for time this week, but can probably play tomorrow (Wednesday) at 21-ish. If that won't work, then I think next Tuesday is probably my first option.

Luiggi

Quote from: Barmution on September 23, 2014, 07:52:35 AM
Wow, Equi and Luiggi got (about) the same treatment as my Chorfs in another league on Sunday: 3 turns in and I've got 3 dead Blockers and 1 w -MA. Nuffle has appearantly decided to get his hands dirty as of late.

I guess we should have taken it easy in our first match, you have to pay blood with blood and we caused 8 injuries each so... I hope this settles it XD

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: kvasilad on September 23, 2014, 09:29:40 AM
Hiya Golden, I'm a bit stretched for time this week, but can probably play tomorrow (Wednesday) at 21-ish. If that won't work, then I think next Tuesday is probably my first option.

I might be able to play tomorrow, but probably not and I won't know until that evening. Next Tuesday should work as long as we don't start to late (not later than 20.00).