S17 - SEMIFINALS

Started by J-Reedy, December 01, 2014, 03:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

And so it begins...

...and there can be only one. Or two. After this round, I mean. Then there can be only. But now two... Which will then be one. I'm talking of teams here, if you didn't catch it. Or winners actually. Yes, there can be only one winner! Or two actually... In this round. But after that there can be only one winner. Yes! After this round has been played, there can be only one winner! I think that's it.

J-Reedy

Okey Luiggi, time for us to dance. Here are my OK starting times, CET/GMT+1 as it normally is:
- Tuesday 21-22 (earlier may also be possible if I decide not to go to a movie).
- Wednesday 18.30-21
- Thursday 17-20

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. More about the weekend days later, if nescessary.

Mr B

Hehe.. that is one funny intro j-r ... or two..

So clown dwarfs came to my door begging for a game.
We have just got cleaned.. why now.
Well well.. let us see what funny stats hides behind this fame shall we.

Now I will be on a business trip and will not be back until Thursday evening. Meaning Friday is the first option for a game and onwards.
21 cet is the shit to start it as always.

Cheers!
B

Luiggi

Quote from: J-Reedy on December 01, 2014, 03:25:26 AM
Okey Luiggi, time for us to dance. Here are my OK starting times, CET/GMT+1 as it normally is:
- Tuesday 21-22 (earlier may also be possible if I decide not to go to a movie).
- Wednesday 18.30-21
- Thursday 17-20

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. More about the weekend days later, if nescessary.

Unfortunately all those times are taken, I finish work at 21.30 from Monday to Thursday and I usually can't reserve enough time for the match (and being play-offs, chances are there can be extra turns). I'd rather play on Friday or Sunday, let's write again once the weekend approaches.

The other semifinal can't be played until Friday anyway :)

PS: This is one bashy playoff.

J-Reedy

Quote from: Luiggi on December 01, 2014, 09:51:24 AM

Unfortunately all those times are taken, I finish work at 21.30 from Monday to Thursday and I usually can't reserve enough time for the match (and being play-offs, chances are there can be extra turns). I'd rather play on Friday or Sunday, let's write again once the weekend approaches.

The other semifinal can't be played until Friday anyway :)

PS: This is one bashy playoff.

Yep, I'll let you know about the weekend when I get a clearer picture.

Bashy? Why, what do you mean? Just because there are 2 players with Claw+MB and 17 others with MB in four teams that traditionally thrive on on getting opposing players off the field doesn't mean that there'll be bashing. I'm sure Bantha is planning on making cunning agility plays with the mummies and Barm-man is right now feverishly trying to come up with a plan how to keep his dwarfs away from opposing players and making surgical elf-like blitz strikes.

Mr B

Ok.Barm.. do you rather play another day... Saturday is not so good for me.
Please make a noise or a plan other things for Friday.

J-Reedy

I'd rather play on Friday or Sunday, let's write again once the weekend approaches.

Okay, I now have more info about the weekend. It seems that I should be able to play on (CET/Gmt+1):
Friday starting from 19 onwards till late
Saturday all day
Sunday 18.30-20.00

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir.

Barmution

Quote from: Mr B on December 02, 2014, 10:10:04 PM

Friday at 2100 CET is fine, see you then :)

-Barm

Edit: CET, not CEST
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

Quote from: J-Reedy on December 03, 2014, 06:15:32 PM
I'd rather play on Friday or Sunday, let's write again once the weekend approaches.

Okay, I now have more info about the weekend. It seems that I should be able to play on (CET/Gmt+1):
Saturday all day
Sunday 18.30-20.00

Friday at 19.00 sounds fine, I'll see you tomorrow. We'll get to know the finalists that very same evening!

J-Reedy

Quote from: Luiggi on December 04, 2014, 11:35:49 PM
Quote from: J-Reedy on December 03, 2014, 06:15:32 PM

Saturday all day
Sunday 18.30-20.00

Friday at 19.00 sounds fine, I'll see you tomorrow. We'll get to know the finalists that very same evening!

Yep, see you later, colanator,

Mr B

Quote from: Barmution on December 04, 2014, 01:13:15 PM
Quote from: Mr B on December 02, 2014, 10:10:04 PM

Friday at 2100 CET is fine, see you then :)

-Barm

Edit: CET, not CEST
Good..
B

Luiggi

The first semifinal is over with Chaos outbashing Norse in a one sided game from start.

Thanks for the match, we saw some very nice plays and I believe anyone could have made it and in the end the early dice decided the outcome.

Apparently BBM is not working on my new computer (when I submit the match it says it can't find the file, and the path is all wrong so I'll try to fix it as soon as I can) so please excuse me for not uploading it.

J-Reedy

Thanks for the game Luiggi, bit of a frustrating match for me but that's the way it rolls (see what I did there?  ;D) sometimes. The three injuries on the first turn really set the pace and the final blow was that perfect defence on the second half. And I think I'm close to earning the "Most SPP Buried on the Graveyard" award for this season with my star thrower biting the dust in the waning moments and joining my start receivers and bezerker, so at least I have some success to show for this season! Oh, did I mention that I WON'T BE TAKING A FREAKING AV7 TEAM NEXT SEASON! But no (other) complaints here, you played well and deserve the finals spot. So gratz and good luck in the finals!

I'll be writing a season recap sometime during next week, I've lots of ideas brewing as long work days has kept me away from the write-ups. But now the deadline for the biggie project that is keeping my ship of inspiration at bay is looming on Wednesday, so you can be expecting some over-flowing and puffed-up season roundup around that time. Be afraid, be very afraid.... ;D

J-Reedy

Quote from: J-Reedy on December 05, 2014, 08:56:54 PM
And I think I'm close to earning the "Most SPP Buried on the Graveyard" award for this season with my star thrower biting the dust in the waning moments and joining my start receivers and bezerker, so at least I have some success to show for this season!

Had to check this one: 185 spp in the graveyard from six players so try and beat that one! I bet you can't do that!  ;)

J-Reedy

Just spectated the first half of the B-men semifinals, I'm betting Mr. B is extremely frustrated right now. The short chaos folk are putting on a serious hurting and getting all the (armor) breaks. None of the regeneration rolls succeeded so the first half ended with 2 undead left on the field, 4 were in the injury box - one of them a mummy - and 5 KO'd. 2 KOs were left in the dugout for the second half - one of them the +st wight.

Off to bed now so no time to watch the rest of the match but congratz to the winning B-man, whichever that end ups being (although the goblin bookies of the Wiseguy Bookmaking and Limb Rearrangement Inc have Barm-man as 9 to 1 favourite in the live betting).