S18 - Match Day 11

Started by J-Reedy, December 13, 2014, 11:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: Barmution on March 17, 2015, 10:38:59 AM
Hey Golden, time to throw down with the Boots!

This week I'm getting visitors so I can really only play tonight (starting 18-21) or Thursday (19-21). If that doesn't work for you we'll have to look at next week.

Cheers!
-Barm
OK, tonight should work actually. I think starting at 21 is preferable but I might be able to play earlier as well (between 20.30 and 21 probably). I'll let you know when it gets closer but aim for later probably.

Barmution

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Barmution

What happened to letting me know? I can't start much later than this tonight.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

I'll be 15 mins late. Sorry!

Will get there as soon as I can.

Barmution

equilibri

So... If someone told me before the game that the rats would lead first half with 3-0 IN CASUALTIES, I would propably have had that person locked away for insanity...
Well, after this game I will believe anything!

A safe blitz in turn 1 against the Claw/MB skaven blitzer, with Reroll into dubbel-skull, kind of set the vibe for this game...
The dwarf that threw himself on some razorsharp claws almost died, but got away with "only" a broken neck!

After that the rats pushed forward, but the sneaky dwarfs kind of made it around the furry wall and managed to score in turn 7.
Though they lost 2 players in the process...
Then the rats had 2 turns to score, but as usual they can't seem to handle the ball when they are excited, so they totally failed...

Second half the rats did what rats do against slow and stunty bearded men. They run around them in circles and then the run for the end zone!
So, the dwarves had 5 or so turns to slowly win this game, but again the blocking and damaging did not go their way, and the high speed of the cheese-lovers made them all disoriented, so they lost the ball.

In a final attempt to win, the dodgy runner in Beerbellys blitzed the ballcarrying rat, jumped right in front of another Gutter Runner, and picked up the ball! (5+... Pouring rain and a Tacklezone...)
But the joy was not longlived, cause passing the ball was not that easy with rain and fur in his eyes, so he dropped it behind him instead...
Which gave Edmund Emmenthaler (yeah, the runner with AG5 and Leap, and the most experienced player in Season 18!) the moment he needed to just grab the ball and score the winning TD!

In the last turn, the last two Loners in WoC got sent out to the gutters, but that was way too late...

Thanx for the game, muller! Sorry about the casualties, but someone must have slipped something in my fondue!

Barmution

Well that was pretty ridiculous. Nuffle had his bag of 1s wide open and was generously giving out to both teams although the DW All Stars got a little more than the Boots. Lot of crazy stuff going on but in the dying moments of the game a wizard finally saw fit to save the day and ultimately gave the Boots the win.

Thanks for the match, Golden. See you in the PO?
-Barm

Gnaarkill

Quote from: hakos on March 17, 2015, 10:58:51 AM
I really like that you keep up the spirit of your team. /hakos

Hehe, thx m8!
I actually enjoy playing the ogres very much. Have had some though luck in recent games though. But they are also very hard to handle.
So I will actually keep them for the next season... though i shouldn't have said that, cause now im ahead of my own flavour text ;)

/Gnaar

J-Reedy

Quote from: Lars on March 17, 2015, 12:27:25 PM

lets go for Thursday @20

/Lars

Ok, see you on the field on Thursday!

Gnaarkill

In case you've missed my first post Luiggi.

My ok starting times are as follow:
Wednesday: 21.00-22.00
Thursday: 21.30-22.00
Friday: 21.00-00.00
Saturday: 12.00-14.00
Sunday: 12.00-14.00 and 19.00-22.00
Monday: 21.00-22.00

/Gnaar

Kezerk

Quote from: Mr B on March 17, 2015, 06:52:02 AM
So finally some Vamp on Vamp action.
Do not dropp the soap!

So it's 21 cet as normal..
What day works with that mate?
B

Any day this week, starting today if it's not too short a notice.

- Kez.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.

Mr B

Quote from: Kezerk on March 18, 2015, 08:35:02 PM
Quote from: Mr B on March 17, 2015, 06:52:02 AM
So finally some Vamp on Vamp action.
Do not dropp the soap!

So it's 21 cet as normal..
What day works with that mate?
B

Any day this week, starting today if it's not too short a notice.

- Kez.
Cool.. lets try tomorrow then shall we, 21 cet, yes?

Kezerk

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.

J-Reedy

When Da Beatmores get their groove on, the groove is really on. Lasseman had no chance in this game with him rolling pushbacks and skulls against my pows. I also got two early injuries, one against a dwarf on the first turn. And it seems Elvis the Minotaur wasn't too keen on going against Fab Four as he seemed to only roar wildly like an animal on the field. This was nuffling of a game but Lasseman kept his cool and acted like a gentleman, so creds to him. Thanks again for the game and good luck in next season!

If you're wondering about the reporter that has been following Da Beatmores on their tour and the lack of his reporting lately, it would seem that the reporter in question has struck gold with a find that might just get published in near future. Stay tuned.

Mr B

Vamps won...
Which was not so strange as both sides was Vamps.. so..

Anyhow, Kez was having trouble with Nuffle today..
Wiz fizzled, Regen did not work (0/3) and last turns there were only three dudes to put on the field..
And receiving high kick at that timing was also quite bad.. as no one could leave the front line..

But Kez never dropped his head down.. he kept going and I hope to see you next season as well Kez.

Thanks for the game, it was quite unfare.

Cheers!