S18 - Match Day 10

Started by J-Reedy, December 13, 2014, 11:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kezerk

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on March 11, 2015, 10:39:05 PM(the fact that I had a total of one reroll for the whole game thanks to a master chef might have played into that a bit as well...)

This is a blatant lie!!! The Dark Elves did receive a reroll in the final kickoff (after having taken their last turn). I move to disqualify the result of the game due to this inaccurate reporting.

(thanks for the game)

- Kez.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.

J-Reedy

Da Beatmores would like to offer their condolances for Disworld Allstars for the loss of their muse and namer. A true master of lyrics and father of music with rocks in it was lost tonight. But as ever, even in the end the master knew how to make the exit like a true author:
Terry Pratchett's Twitter

He will be missed.

The Golden Arrow

I read that yesterday and was devastated. He will be missed for sure and my team will do what they can to honour him!

Mr B

I agree.. to sad to lose the big discs.
  :-\

tags

It's sad indeed, but not a shock given his condition the last few years :/

Luiggi

Quote from: hakos on March 11, 2015, 02:53:47 PM
Quote from: Luiggi on March 09, 2015, 01:44:58 PM
Oh boy, stupid me, I'm visiting the UK this weekend so I won't be able to play at all this week. The sooner I can make it is next Monday at 12.00 or 22.00.

I will be able to play on monday. 12.00 should work fine, I hope. Otherwise 22.00 should also work. So, let's aim for 12 and keep 22 in reserve.

/Hakos

Perfect, 12 should be great, see you then!

hakos

Last match of the day is played.

The goblins were on fire, casualty wise. In turn 1 3 elfs were removed from the field. In turn 3, 3 elfs were removed from the field. A total of 4 elfs were badly hurt, one permanently. The fanatic, balldog, had the best day ever, scoring 3 of these damages.

Apart from that, it was not Luiggi's day today, for several reasons. A masterful elf kick made it possible for the elfs to score in turn 2. Even with reduced numbers the elfs could press the goblins into risky plays and all 4 goblin rerolls were used up by turn 6. And by then the elfs could retrieve the ball and score 2-0 in turn 8.

At this Point Luiggi gave up and the second half were played in record speed with almost no thinking whatsoever, from neither side. At least I got one more td so the match ended 3-0.

Newspaper summary of day 10 will arrive later today

Thanks for the match Luiggi, Always fascinating to play against goblin.

/hakos

hakos

THE LEGENDS OF BLOOD BOWL, ISSUE NUL18:10

A legend* has left us. Terry Pratchett was a wizard**. Although he never interrupted a blood bowl match, he has influenced them. Here in NUL, for example, we have the Discworld*** Allstars. Let's hope this team will play for a long time to continue reminding us.

Back to normal business, celebrating our hard working players.

#19, Value 140, 'Killy Turner' is the second player to officially be recognized as an emerging star. This day was a normal day at work for him. That is, he hurt two players so much that they had to leave the field. With an average of one badly hurt opponent each match day he has now reached 10 CAS and is the single most brutal player. Surpassing even tough guys like Hulk Hogre and The Gutter.

#62, Value 100, 'Samuel Vimes' decided that today was a good day to step into the center of attention. Which means he stepped in between a thrower and catcher and promptly made sure the ball was handled by his team instead of the opponents.

#1, Value 190, 'Rage Against the Sardine' had a bit of slow start but not any longer. After scoring 8 touch downs (shared #1) he has emerged as a coming star. He also shares the number #1 spot as best runner. Not that surprising when he has twice as much legs as other players.

#22, Value 140, 'Aeolus' can now claim to be the most flexible player in the league. With his touch down today he completed the list of possible ways to earn star player points. He has scored, hurt opponents, passed the ball, killed, intercepted the ball and of course been celebrated as the most valued player in a match.

#63, Value 90, For a long time the editors debated if we should mention this player. He routinely gets ejected by the refereeĀ“s due to foul play by using secret weapons. But he is the strongest player in the league and always causes fascinating moments for the audience due to his somewhat erratic play style. Today he managed to destroy the elf los all by himself, twice. Causing a total of 3 casualties. We are of course talking about the aptly named 'Balldog'.

* 85 million books sold, in 37 languages, it does not get much more legendary than that.
** Not the fireball throwing one, but a word wizard. I bought his first disc world book in 1989 and have never stopped being astonished. Bought the last one the same day he left us. Have them all.
*** Apparently the concept of a world disc on four elephants on a giant turtle has been inspired by hindu mythology.