S18 - Match Day 9

Started by J-Reedy, December 13, 2014, 11:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

It was a chaotic match. It was an even match. It was a derby match between Hakos and Lasseman. And the result was even.

It all started with a pitch invasion. Lasseman started his first turn with 6 players on the field. After killing* one elf in the first hit of the match Hakos got to start with 5 players in his first turn. The wide areas of open space favoured the speedy elfs which managed to get the ball and mark all the dwarf players, except one. Unfortunately this one was a bull centaur which could get the ball loose. The ball bounced around and the elf got a 3+, 2+ chance to score in turn 3 but failed. After that the dwarves got the ball under control and scored in turn 6. In turn 8 the elfs got another 3+, 2+ chance to score but failed again. First half ended 1-0 to the dwarfs.

The second half saw a classic elvish 2 turn goal. First turn all elfs except the thrower ran into the dwarf half. Second turn the thrower cast the ball over the heads of the dwarf to Hurricane, the best receiver in the game and he could easily score.

The dwarf then tried to score the winning goal but barely got over the middle line. They actually got caught in a big mass in the center, surrounded by elfs and never advanced any further. Thus the match ended 1-1.

* The killed elf were later resurrected from the dead by the apothecary.

/hakos

P.S: The legends of nul, issue 8 is now out.

Luiggi

Quote from: kvasilad on February 25, 2015, 04:18:54 PM
Hmm, no-one's heard from Luiggi then?

Next week should be pretty good for me, but if there's no match today, I probably can't play before Monday. I can start as late as 2200 today.

My bad, I checked the thread but I must have missed your first message. I had work on Wednesday so I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway.

I have family visiting this weekend so it's unlikely I'll be able to play then. If it was the case it would be on Sunday evening (19.00 onwards), though I would have to confirm it tomorrow.

The sooner I can play next week is on Thursday, since I am not free until then.

tags

Quote from: Luiggi on February 27, 2015, 12:56:22 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on February 25, 2015, 04:18:54 PM
Hmm, no-one's heard from Luiggi then?

Next week should be pretty good for me, but if there's no match today, I probably can't play before Monday. I can start as late as 2200 today.

My bad, I checked the thread but I must have missed your first message. I had work on Wednesday so I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway.

I have family visiting this weekend so it's unlikely I'll be able to play then. If it was the case it would be on Sunday evening (19.00 onwards), though I would have to confirm it tomorrow.

The sooner I can play next week is on Thursday, since I am not free until then.

Weekend is impossible I'm afraid :/

I think I'm free all next week basically, so Thursday should be good. Can you do 1800?

Luiggi

Quote from: kvasilad on February 27, 2015, 02:02:02 PM
I think I'm free all next week basically, so Thursday should be good. Can you do 1800?

Unfortunately I finish work at 21.15 and get home at 21.30. That's the earliest I can start. If that works, perfect.

Fridays I'm free so I can play at almost any time of the day, though.

Kezerk

Quote from: Kezerk on February 26, 2015, 11:28:30 AM
Muller,
I'm extremely busy today and tomorrow (and will be in Copenhagen for the weekend). How does Tuesday evening sound to you, that's pretty much the first available time fer me. Too much work and the weekend's IFAF officiating clinic claiming my time.

- Kez.

Actually, tonight also became available. Let me know which days/times would suit you.

- Kez.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.

tags

Quote from: Luiggi on February 28, 2015, 11:23:32 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on February 27, 2015, 02:02:02 PM

Unfortunately I finish work at 21.15 and get home at 21.30. That's the earliest I can start. If that works, perfect.

Fridays I'm free so I can play at almost any time of the day, though.

Thursday 2130 works, let's book that :)

muller71

Quote from: Kezerk on March 02, 2015, 06:23:26 AM
Muller,
I'm extremely busy today and tomorrow (and will be in Copenhagen for the weekend). How does Tuesday evening sound to you, that's pretty much the first available time fer me. Too much work and the weekend's IFAF officiating clinic claiming my time.

- Kez.

Actually, tonight also became available. Let me know which days/times would suit you.

- Kez.

Tonight (tuesday) works for me. Starting at 20.00CET.

J-Reedy

OK, I'm back in Finland and to my surprise the match week 9 is still going strong. Looks like the last match is scheduled to be played on Thursday, so TGA, can you play either on Wednesday or Thursday? I'm still off from work this week so almost any time should work for me. If you can't make it, it'll be an admin win for you, that is clear.

BTW, we have to have a league-wide conversation about if and how we should start enforcing stricter time limits? Is one week enough or should it be extended? Ideas? Suggestions?

Now I'm going to go for a walk to try to stay awake, been awake almost 20 hours with 10 hour flight and it's just 17.00 so can't fall asleep now or I'll wake up midnight.

Kezerk

Quote from: muller71 on March 03, 2015, 06:02:55 AM
Muller,

- Kez.

- Kez.

I have an OCC game starting at 2000 GMT (2100 CET), so either 1900 CET or 2300 CET would be doable. Tomorrow would be fine, though.

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on March 03, 2015, 03:56:32 PM
BTW, we have to have a league-wide conversation about if and how we should start enforcing stricter time limits? Is one week enough or should it be extended? Ideas? Suggestions?

Personally I don't have a big problem with a couple of matchdays going on two weeks, some are over in much less than 1. It's kind of hard to assign the blame sometimes as well... one thing is if an opponent is a no-show, then it's straightforward. But what if player A can play only on Tuesday and Thursday and player B only during the weekend, for example? Idunno, I'd rather see the MD extended and the game played sometime the week after than to have a lot of admin draws ('cause I guess that's really the only alternative?)

muller71

Quote from: Kezerk on March 03, 2015, 04:03:11 PM
Muller,

- Kez.

- Kez.

I have an OCC game starting at 2000 GMT (2100 CET), so either 1900 CET or 2300 CET would be doable. Tomorrow would be fine, though.

Today is a no go then. 19.00CET is to early and 23 is too late. I can't play on Wednesday.  Thursday starting at 21 CET is my next time I can play.

Kezerk

Quote from: muller71 on March 03, 2015, 06:04:33 PM
Quote from: Kezerk on March 03, 2015, 04:03:11 PM
Muller,

- Kez.

- Kez.

Today is a no go then. 19.00CET is to early and 23 is too late. I can't play on Wednesday.  Thursday starting at 21 CET is my next time I can play.

Thursday it is then :)

- Kez.

Mr B

Welcome back jr.
I have no trouble signing up for a obe week schedule.
But as this league is very friendly I'm considering 2weeks schedule also.
When the last game is finished for a week.. we forward the day. Meaning a 2 week play could be down to 1 day.
Unlikely that everyone can finish in one day of course but there is a chance.
After two weeks we forward the game unless its extreme reasons..
Client being down for a week or x-mas period etc.

This totally open is bad for new players in this league as kit means less prio.. we will manage anyhow and then we can lose players due to this reason.
Of course we can also attract players for the same reason.

So me friendly vote would be 2weeks of deadline for each MD.
Then we have to see what happens when/if bb2 gets released and how that looks.. later question of course.

Cheers
Brother B

equilibri

My vote is for not to change anything at all!
Have not had any problem with some MD:s getting delayed (except the abstinens of playing against you guys!) so why change anything?

Some MD:s have gone by very quick, while some is more slow with perfectly good reasons. Let it be that way!

Gnaarkill

Quote from: equilibri on March 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM
Have not had any problem with some MD:s getting delayed (except the abstinens of playing against you guys!) so why change anything?

I could not agree more!

Sometimes the abstinens is hard ;D. But people have real life too and i dont think that forcing a time limit is the way to go. It's much better for the two people involved in a matchup to decide whether they have stretched the MD for too long or not and do as we use to do. Ask in the thread "is it ok if we go over time?" etc.

Norsca is a great place with great laid-back people who are looking for fun. Let's keep it that way ;D

By the way, going off topic now.
Is someone by any chance going to this years GothBowl in Gothenburg?

/Gnaar