S18 - Match Day 6

Started by J-Reedy, December 13, 2014, 11:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kezerk

Quote from: hakos on January 28, 2015, 09:20:41 PM
@Kezerk: What should I search on to find your BB vids on youtube?

Search for "Kezerk" :) There's actually two of me there, apparently. The youtube.com/kezerk is my iPad, that has been in the use of my fiancee and seems to have been used for commenting on make-up videos. It's safe to ignore that ;)
My active account is a bit harder to remember by heart: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC81M6j8NEPwCHyHRMTnMvHg

- Kez.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.

tags

Quote from: Kezerk on January 27, 2015, 09:28:46 PM
...by an AG1 Saurus (maybe the same one who earlier in the game dodged out of a tackle zone without breaking a sweat).

I couldn't remember this when you pointed it out in the game chat, and looking through the BBM logs, I still can't find it. You sure this happened? :)

I see one saurus attempting a dodge (Jared Bloodrick), and he failed miserably.

tags

Quote from: Mr B on January 28, 2015, 05:54:08 PM
And BBManager is up again.
cheers!

And there was much rejoicing \o/

MD 5 and 6 uploaded.

Kezerk

Quote from: kvasilad on January 28, 2015, 10:50:17 PM
Quote from: Kezerk on January 27, 2015, 09:28:46 PM
...by an AG1 Saurus (maybe the same one who earlier in the game dodged out of a tackle zone without breaking a sweat).

I couldn't remember this when you pointed it out in the game chat, and looking through the BBM logs, I still can't find it. You sure this happened? :)

I see one saurus attempting a dodge (Jared Bloodrick), and he failed miserably.

You're right. I was thinking of the Skink misclick as a Saurus one:
http://youtu.be/sQQTnvfvudo?t=13m37s
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.

equilibri

So, yet another intense game from the cheeseloving rats!

This time it was against some pretty big ogres who really wanted some blood!
Lucky that WoC had brought their own ogre, though with a bit more fur... The new teammember Babybel!
And he was good at fighting... Not so good at just walking...

First turns went as they use to.
Rats get ball.
Rats run forward.
Opponent beat rats and defend like a boss!
Rats use long tails, legs and noses to sneak through and score... Nothing new there...

Then the ogres got the ball and caged the ballcarrier all the way down to the rats half of the field, but fortunately they were not very quick, so time ran out. (with a little help from a welltimed blitz from a Gutter Runner...)

Second half the ogres did the same as in the first one.
Took the ball and just moved down the field.
This time they got blitzed down earlier, but somehow (I believe with the help of a remote in the hands of a big guy in the crowd...) the ball bounced almost like a feather into the hands of an ogre!
Great!
So the rats could just watch the house walk slowly down the field aiming for the draw...

But not so fast!
A brave blitzer ran around the wall that surrounded the ballcarrier, took a big leap and sank his teeth in the surprised ogres right eye so he dropped the ball!

And then it was as usual...
A gutter runner took the ball and passed it to another who ran a couple of miles away from the opponents and WoC could score ones again for the win!

Thank you for the game, Gnar! You had your bounces, but I had speed and agility that in the end won the game.
Fun meeting ogres! Maybe I will try them myself next season! :D

Gnaarkill

Excellent report Equilibri!

I just cannot forgive myself for not scoring that TD! Bah! It still haunts me. Your rats would most certainly have scored after kick-off anyway but at least i would have gotten some more SPP =)
Well anyway, it was a very enjoyable game!

GG Equi!

J-Reedy

Yo, Barm, just a word of warning. My gaming desktop just decided it doesn't want to boot anymore, had trouble with the power earlier, thought it was due to power supply but now it seems that the motherboard has something busted. However, I should be able to play with my work portable but I'm not sure how well it'll handle BB. But I'm planning on starting the game, just not sure if I'll be able to finish it. I'm working on the desktop diagnosis and tuning my portable right now, I'll let you know if the situation changes and I can't make it.

Barmution

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Barmution

Another match, another draw.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

CROWD GOES WILD AT DA BEATMORES' GIG!
Da Beatmores - without the question the most popular da'pop band and Blood Bowl team of today - performed this week at the New Boot Stadium. And boy, did they get the crowd going! Not even the pouring rain that lasted throughout the gig and the ensuing BB match could dampen the spectacular set that ended with the hits New Brown Shoe and Navy Blue Suede Shoes. The crowd got so frenzied from the lovely sound of Fab Four that when the band's drummer Ringem Star was pushed off the field in the Blood Bowl match following the spectacular gig, the screaming teen humanettes gave Star such tough love that they broke the drummer' ribs. It's not yet clear if Star will be able to work his magic sticks on Fab Four's next gig but he will definately miss the BB game.
Lack of their drummer did not slow Da Beatmores down as they scored a TD later in the drive and succesfully defended against The Emperor's New Boot's tying attempt even though the frenzied teenettes stormed the field at the kickoff. At the waining minutes of the second half the invisible boot makers however succeeded in scoring a tying TD. So the match ended in a draw but Da Beatmores suffered a loss. That is, they lost one of the trusted bodyguards of Fab Four as the black orc Rocky Raccoon was brutally killed by Sandalf the Wise. Da Beatmores spent no time griefing for this loss but instead put a word out for the need of new bodyguard. Black Orc Bodyguard Hiring Enhancement Agency Distributors responded fast and the teen crowd will be kept in check during band's next gig by the new enforcer, Da Word.

---
Even fought game where I had the blocking dice but the lack of oomph with the armor and injury dice kept Barm in play. At second half Barm waited for TD chance patiently and then struck at the final turn to score the tying TD. Thanks again for good game, Barmution, and good luck in rest of the games.

I might as well announce now that I'll be away from Feb 18th to March 3rd on a running/vacation trip, so I'll have to forfeit any games that land on those weeks. Looking at the schedule, those will probably be games against TGA and B-man.

Lars

Quote from: Mr B on January 28, 2015, 05:51:53 PM
I'm currently on a business trip.
No validation available to me.

Btw have anyone seen lasseman?

Totaly missed that the day six was started I can play tomorrow sat from about 18:00

/Lars

Mr B

Yo.. can you push it until 21 or 22?

Mr B

Second thought.. Can you play tomorrow instead.. 21-22.

Lars

it would be better today and i can play late say 22

/Lars

Mr B

Quote from: Lars on January 31, 2015, 09:52:39 AM
it would be better today and i can play late say 22

/Lars
Hmm.. I'll check... I have just been away on business tripp the entire week.. would be nice to spend the first night with my family instead of a game of bb.

So is there any chance aiming for tomorrow that would be appreciated, thanks.