S18 - Match Day 5

Started by J-Reedy, December 13, 2014, 11:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kezerk

Quote from: Kezerk on January 24, 2015, 09:44:05 AM
Quote from: hakos on January 24, 2015, 09:20:11 AM
Quote from: equilibri on January 23, 2015, 09:24:57 PM
And just for the records at last me and my opponent got a match rating of 20/20!

And it is a well deserved match rating. The match was definitely worth watching. /Audience

I'm currently converting the video for Youtube, so it soon can be viewed "live" by others.

- Kez.

And here it is.

- Kez.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.

Luiggi

Goblins won against all odds in what was a clear shocker of a game. Final result: 2-0.

The trolls and the fanatic were fired up and managed to get 3 injuries in the first turns of the game (blocker + 2 hobgoblins). The rest of the goblins were wearing adamantium armors (not even a single KO I think, and very few armor breaks). The pitch was dominated by the green ones while the dwarves (and probably the crowd) were wondering what was going on.

Some highlights of the match include:

- A Double by the Pogoer.
- A cage breaking perfect bomb by the Bombardier.
- A 3 tile floor sweep by the Fanatic at the end of the game (33% chance each attempt, he got 'em all).
- A serial killer with a chainsaw plus a resilient minotaur victim (he withstood 4 straight chainsaw fouls before having his ribs broken).
- A blind ref (see above).

So even though the MVP went to a regular goblin, the Fanatic and Pogoer were outstanding tonight!

Also, the team got 80k GP winning and are on their way to being the richest goblin team ever. With 0 permanent casualties so far, they are overperforming despite the 4 consecutive losses and a slow start in the casualties department. Maybe this victory is a turning point for them? I doubt it, but one can only hope.

All in all, I won because of some crazy dice going on. Lars played well, trying to eliminate the goblins with those dwarven blockers and marking the trolls, but when Nuffle chooses, there's not much you can do. Better luck next games!

PS: My BBM is not working for some reason, fails to start. I'll look into it, but if someone else could upload the game I'd appreciate it :) Thanks and sorry.

J-Reedy

JEALOUSY ROCKS AT DA BEATMORES CONCERT!
Da Beatmores performed another rocking concert this week, this time in BeerBelly Stadium! However, the excellent gig got a nasty turn on the Blood Bowl match that followed the gig. The rumours that the hearthrod Joinz Lennyn is dating the trollette (the sex of the troll Joko Ono is still in question but for purposes of journalism, we'll assume she is a trollette) Joko Ono got a bunch of teen dwarvettes (as usual, the sex of the dwarfs is pure speculation at this point, but the apprehended dwarfs had pink ribbons tied to their beards and they were shreaking "I love you from all my girlish heart almost as much as gold, Lennyn" when the stadium officials apprehended them, so we'll go with the dwarvette at this point) so riled up that they stoned Joko Ono so hard at the start of the second half, that the poor trollette fell over and broke her arm. This means that the bootmakers' daughters will get to enjoy Lennyn without the Joko Ono who will be missing Da Beatmore's next gig and Blood Bowl match. Oh, the match ended in a 1-1 draw. Quite a blocky affair, nothing as extravagant as the gig which for example saw the Fab Four perform their own da'pop version of the old dwarf classig Short Stubby Sally.

It's almost midnight and I've got to get up in five hours, so that's that. BBM still out of commission, let's see if it recovers at some point.

And BBM is up, so here's the pic:

hakos

THE LEGENDS OF BLOOD BOWL, ISSUE NUL18:5

It seems the official match reporting has taken a time out. Nevertheless, do not fear, our hard working reporters are still able to bring you the latest information about impressive players and their daring feats. With no further ado, here are this weeks featured players.

#14, Value 130, Sometimes one player is the team. 'Duke's Dear Freja' had a brilliant day and almost singlehandedly defeated FC Excelsior. The vampire started by hurting the elf thrower so badly that he never was able to do any passing play at all in this match. After that she put the nail in the coffin with 2 touch downs and 1 pass. We can only tip our hat in appreciation for the lesson given.

#18, Value 120, 'Killy Turner' is one of only 3 players that have been doing something worthy of a star in every five matches so far. It should therefore not come as a surprise that he now have joined the veteran club. With his strength, blocking capabilities and mighty blow he will be a fearsome player for all opponents to face.

#51, Value 90, The most unexpected match win of today goes to the goblins, after out-bashing a dwarf team. Apparently there are some bookmakers that have gone out of business, unable to pay the promised gold. Perhaps the bombardier, the fanatic or the looney should be praised for their hard, but dirty, work. No, here we the celebrate the goals and the mighty pogoer 'Dogob' who managed to score twice in this match.

#23, Value 120, In an intense but unreported match there was one player in the center of attention. 'Susan Sto Helit' from the Discworld Allstars managed both to kill a snotling and score one goal. However, the ogres did not like that and hurt her quite badly in return. But we are happy to report that this tough player will be fully recovered after some rest.

#1, Value 170, 'Rage Against The Sardine' is now considered both a veteran player and the single most valuable player in the league. Even more valuable than Hulk Hogre. So what have this player, worth 170 000 gold, done? Not much, just 3 goals and being elected to the most valuable player in his team, twice. Well, not bad for any player.

tags

Quote from: Luiggi on January 25, 2015, 09:12:02 PM
PS: My BBM is not working for some reason, fails to start. I'll look into it, but if someone else could upload the game I'd appreciate it :) Thanks and sorry.

Are you able to upload the replay now? Seems like this game is still missing. Replay should be auto-saved, so if you go to single player -> load -> replay and check for a filename around this date, you should be able to load it up and speed through it (press + until speed is max). After it is finished, quit BB and upload as you normally would.

Lars

Quote from: kvasilad on January 30, 2015, 01:36:34 PM
Quote from: Luiggi on January 25, 2015, 09:12:02 PM

Are you able to upload the replay now? Seems like this game is still missing. Replay should be auto-saved, so if you go to single player -> load -> replay and check for a filename around this date, you should be able to load it up and speed through it (press + until speed is max). After it is finished, quit BB and upload as you normally would.

I uploaded the match result

/Lars