S18 - Match Day 4

Started by J-Reedy, December 13, 2014, 11:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

equilibri

Quote from: J-Reedy on January 13, 2015, 05:20:51 AM
Day 3 is done and day forwarded, so it's time for next game day.

Equi-man, our base player has been practicing tackling all week just to prepare for this match, and he and rest of the band are really anxious for some cheese and onions (we'll bring the onions, I'm guessing you have the cheese). So it would be great if you could play starting on one of the following CET times:
- Wednesday 17-22.30
- Thursday 17-21
- Friday 20-22
- Sunday any time before 20

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir.

Hey!

I can play wednesday (tomorrow that is) at 18:00, so that sounds great for me!
See u on the field tomorrow, and don't bring any onion... It will only make u cry... :D

J-Reedy

Quote from: equilibri on January 13, 2015, 10:41:46 PM
I can play wednesday (tomorrow that is) at 18:00, so that sounds great for me!
See u on the field tomorrow, and don't bring any onion... It will only make u cry... :D
[/quote]

That's a date, mate, see u today!

Luiggi

Quote from: Mr B on January 13, 2015, 09:18:50 PM
Yo Luiggi!!
Time for the goblins to show the neck.
I have trouble for this game and wonder if it's ok to schedule it for next Monday?
21 cet as usually.

Cya!
B

I'll confirm during the week. I had troubles this week as well so NP.

tags

Quote from: Lars on January 13, 2015, 09:38:11 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on January 13, 2015, 08:10:29 AM
Hi Lasseman, weekdays this week are pretty full, but I should be able to do any time Saturday or Sunday. Failing that, I think it'll slip into early next week, which should be more available.

Lets try to play yhis Sunday at 20:00 CET
/Lars

Great, see you then.

equilibri

Another win for the rats that smell like they should!

This time it was pretty unfair dicerolls that made the game, with a lot of failed blocks from the orcs, and dodges even the great Scittersnitch would've been proud of from the rats!
And even if the orcs had a chance of making 2-2 with only 1 turn left, they took an extra step to get away from every fast rodent, and fell...

Well, not much to say, but this time the cheese beat the beaters... :D

Thanx for the game, J! Good luck in the next ones!

J-Reedy

DISCHORD AT THE DA BEATMORES GIG!
Da Beatmores, Fab Five, Da Mob Tops, Quarrelmen - whatever you call them, they're the hottest thing out there in the music world right now. However, at their latest gig in Cheeseville, there were some dischords in the air. Not during the gig, that was fabulous as always. The band was really on fire! After the stage had been cleared of burning rags of those unfortunate teen skavenettes that spontaniously combusted and caused the fire, the gig really got groovy and Da Beats once more took their audience to seventh heaven - which in skaven circles is considered to be a cheese factory with production lines for all possible cheeses and free sampling - and beyond with their tunes. However, the dischord was felt when the Blood Bowl match following the gig started. You see, Da Beatmores had brought along two new recruits to their entourage, troll or trollette Joko Ono (nobody can tell if she is he or he is she, he/she is listed as troll in the official league roster but his/her team-mate Lennyn keeps calling her/him either mother or ocean girl) and band's former goblin drummer Pete Worst. As to the dischord, there were strong rumors that Fab Four's lead composer/blitzer Joinz Lennyn had insisted that Joko the troll/trollette take the field and play with the team. Other members of the core band were not so enthusiastic about this but agreed to the demands.
The lack of harmony on the field showed clearly from the first moment, the Joko spent couple of first downs just standing still really stoopidly and yelling "Pookie! Pookie!". Meanwhile, the skaven team World of Cheese took advantage of this disharmony. The rat-folk blocked efficiently and took the ball away from the orcs easily and scored a defensive TD. The second half was just as poor for Da Beatmores. They got the ball away at one point but the skaven were simply unbeatable and scored a showy and dodgy TD. Da Beatmores managed a lucky TD and had a chance for an equalizer at the waning moments of the match, but Piggies the roadie was too fast on his feet and fell down while trying to get away from scary skaven gutter runner following him.
But fear not, the dischord on the field wasn't showing at the post-game encore - Fab Four were just as fabulous as ever, closing the gig with their new hit songs "For You Blue Cheese" and "Shake, Rats and Cheese Rolls". However, only future will tell if the troll(ette) situation will spill onto the stage but at the moment there's no sight of that and Da Beatmores' entourage started their journey to the Beerbelly Stadium as a happy band.

------

Nice match from Equilibri, he took advantage of good block dice and I only managed to hang in there with lucky bounce from failed hand off. At the end I might've gotten a tying TD with dodge or blitz at the final turn but decided to gfi on the second to avoid under-strength blitz against me on the last turn as I was extremely fearful of Equi's blocking. That failed and that was the match. However, our troll(ette?) Joko Ono proved that even though (s)he is really stupid, (s)he can hit as (s)he racked a casualty in his/her first match! Bright times are ahead for Da Beatmores with such a hulking precence on the field!

muller71

Quote from: Gnaarkill on January 13, 2015, 08:18:15 AM
Oh my god!
My ogres are so impatient to go for a new match that they are standing in the locker/dressing room tipping on their toes like small ballerinas.
Starting to get real annoying...
"Hey guys! Stop it! You are big mountains of muscle, dressing in colorful spandex and jumping on each other. Not tiny little girls going to ballerina class, wearing pink spandex and jumping over each other."

Sooo Muller! When do you feel brave enough to meet my "mighty, oily and colorful" ogres, longing to get out on the field again and hug your dwarves?
My OK starting times is as follow:
Tue (today): 20.00-22.00
Wed: 18.00-22.00
Thu: 20.30-22.00
Fri: No go
Sat: 14.00 - All day
Sun: Unsure.

/CEO Gnaarkill

Thursday starting at 21 CET or saturday starting at 18 CET. Unsure on saturday, thats a maybe.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: muller71 on January 15, 2015, 06:16:40 AM
Thursday starting at 21 CET or saturday starting at 18 CET. Unsure on saturday, thats a maybe.

Cool!
Let's go for today @21 then.
See you then m8!

/Gnaar

hakos

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on January 13, 2015, 10:28:40 PM
Hi Hakos :)

Sunday would fit best for me. I can pretty much do any time except the evening or too early in the morning. When would it suit you best?

Ok, sunday it is. Not certain what too early in the morning means but I how about starting at 10, or maybe 11?

/hakos

The Golden Arrow

11 seems fine, 10 might be too early depending on saturday...

muller71

2-0 to BeerBeelyz vs OKWF.

A match where the ogres was rolling very poorly. Thx for the game Gnaarkill and that you where a real sport when the dice failed you.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: muller71 on January 15, 2015, 10:17:04 PM
2-0 to BeerBeelyz vs OKWF.

A match where the ogres was rolling very poorly. Thx for the game Gnaarkill and that you where a real sport when the dice failed you.

Heard from the locker room of Ogre Kingdom Wrestling Federation after the match against the BeerBellyz.
"Gat dammit guys! Yea yea i know you havent got your salary since we started in this league. And i know i promised you guys a bonus after our first wins against the vampires. But you can't get everything here in life and you have to understand that!
Especially you Hulk, what the hell were you thinking today? Not a single casualty!? Instead you were lying on the ground picking your teeths spying on mature dwarf women... NOT OK HULK, NOT OK!.
I mean... you have to understand guys, you are the superstars! It's not the task of a snotling to knock down troll slayers. They were saving your asses out there today, doing all the dirty work. Dodging several tacklezones in a row, fouling players, knocking down troll slayers. The snotlings at least tried to win this game today, you did not and it's a damn shame!"

"Coach, you suck!"
"Yea coach, you suck! What about our salary!?"

"I told you guys. You have to stay patient... we just need a little more money to hire a new talent from the free agency. A new young and upcoming wrestling star from the far north of the Ogre Kingdoms. They call him... THE ROCK!"

*Snotlings gets all exited and start to chant*

"THE ROCK, THE ROCK, THE ROCK!"

*The Ogres remain silent*

Thank you for the match Muller!
Not the most awsome game i have seen for my part. But i guess, thats the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. And thats BloodBowl for all I know :)
GG!

/CEO Gnaarkill

hakos

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on January 15, 2015, 12:43:01 PM
11 seems fine, 10 might be too early depending on saturday...

Great, let's meet tomorrow at 11.

/hakos

hakos

hmm,  my bb client just hanged after the match when I was studiying player statistics, seems I have to do a forced shutdown. Since the match was finished, I hope that it will not cause any problems?

hakos

The Elf vs Elf match has been played. On paper it seemed to be a very even match and it turned out to be just that also in reality. The result ended 1-1 with both goals scored in the first half. No one failed spectacularly, no one succeeded spectactualary. Dices were evenly bad for both of us.

The dark side won the roll and started as receiver. I got a Blitz but could not capitalize. Quite quickly the dark ones formed a cage and after some failed dodges from the not so dark side attempting to plug holes in the defense they could quite easily move it steadily forward and score in turn 5.

The high elf side were now the receivers. A pitch invasion plus the previous KO and causalties left me underelfed so it seemed tough to get through his defenses. Instead I focused on some passing to level up some players and in turn 8 I got a chance after some failed dodges from the not so high side and could make a nice pass from blitzer to blitzer to score. Yes, here I was a bit lucky.

In second half, I quickly formed a cage but could not get through his excellent defense. Realized that he was close to breaking me and changed tactics. Tried to get the ball to my thrower and place him in the backfield and try to spread out his defense and find a passing opportunity. But I was to cautious, did not do any go for it and he could still reach my thrower. So we took the ball from each other for a couple of turns. With about 3 turns left I decided that I was happy with a 1-1 result and only focused on the defense. It succeeded.

It should also be noted that there were 3 badly hurt players in the match even if the match report shows 0. Since we did not manage to hurt each other we had to do it ourself by falling heavily to the ground while dodging.

Thanks for the match TGA. It was even and quite interesting.

/hakos