S18 - Match Day 3

Started by J-Reedy, December 13, 2014, 11:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

The Golden Arrow

Match day 3 is open :)

When can you play Equilibri? I am pretty free but saturday is probably booked. How is Sunday looking for you for example?

J-Reedy

Howdy-ho, Luiggi! Are your gobbos ready for the release of the Da Beatmores' new hit single, Hey Bulldoggob? My guys could start the set at following CET/GMT+1 times:
- Today (Friday) any time after 17
- Sunday 9-18
- Tuesday 15-20
- Wednesday 17-21

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. I'll let you know about later times later if nescessary.

hakos

Hello Gnaarkill

I'm still on vacation and can play almost any time both this weekend and the next week. Just let me know what suits you best.

/hakos

Mr B

Yo Barm!

When have you polished your new boots?
I'm ready from Sunday more or less, 21CET as usual.

Cheers, or as we say.. Bite Ya Later!!

Barmution

Hey B!

Sunday at 21 CET would be great, see you then?

Cheers!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

equilibri

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on January 02, 2015, 01:16:51 PM

When can you play Equilibri? I am pretty free but saturday is probably booked. How is Sunday looking for you for example?

Sunday is an amazingly good day!
I can play anytime, but to early (before 10:00) is not so nice, so just name your time after that and I will be there! :D

//Eq

Gnaarkill

Quote from: hakos on January 02, 2015, 02:57:48 PM
Hello Gnaarkill

I'm still on vacation and can play almost any time both this weekend and the next week. Just let me know what suits you best.

/hakos

Hi Hakos!

Cool! Me too. This weekend would be great, how about a rumble tomorrow (saturday)?
Im free pretty much the whole day. How about around 13.00? And if you dont see this until then i will check the forums tomorrow and see if any other time suits you tomorrow.
Otherwise how about 12.00 on sunday?

/CEO Gnaarkill

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: equilibri on January 02, 2015, 11:45:40 PM

I can play anytime, but to early (before 10:00) is not so nice, so just name your time after that and I will be there! :D

//Eq

Alright shall we say 15 on Sunday?

hakos

Quote from: Gnaarkill on January 02, 2015, 11:54:46 PM
Hi Hakos!

Cool! Me too. This weekend would be great, how about a rumble tomorrow (saturday)?
Im free pretty much the whole day. How about around 13.00? And if you dont see this until then i will check the forums tomorrow and see if any other time suits you tomorrow.
Otherwise how about 12.00 on sunday?

/CEO Gnaarkill

13:00 today will work fine. CU

/Hakos

equilibri

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on January 03, 2015, 12:54:55 AM
Quote from: equilibri on January 02, 2015, 11:45:40 PM

//Eq

Alright shall we say 15 on Sunday?

Yeah, 15 sounds great!
I bring the cheese and u can bring the whine... :D (have been wanting to write that for a long time...)

See u tomorrow!

hakos

First match of day 3 is played, and it sure was a nailbiter. The one and only touchdown was not scored until turn 16 and it required quite an interesting sequence of rolls to succeed. 2+, 3D block vs snotling, 2+, 2+, 3+, 2+. It took one RR to secure it.

The wrestling team played flawlessly, it was like it was scripted, and gave me only one single opportunity in the whole match, when they failed a snotling throw on their own half of the field in the first half. I got the ball and was within striking distance but Hulk Hogre put a stop to that attempt.

Hulk Hogre was on fire. Once again he hit hard and scored 2 CAS. The other ogres were also quite annoying and created one KO after the other. Since no one ever came back, probably a bit scared of the tough ogres I guess. I finished the match with 5 players on the field.

Luckily for me, there was one player in my team who was on a quest today. To hurt as many snotlings as possible. Aeolus managed to kill 2 snotlings and badly hurted 2 others so I was not totally outnumbered.

Thanks for the game Gnaarkill. It was extremely exciting. You sure know how to play those ogres.

/Hakos

Luiggi

Quote from: J-Reedy on January 02, 2015, 01:42:30 PM
Howdy-ho, Luiggi! Are your gobbos ready for the release of the Da Beatmores' new hit single, Hey Bulldoggob? My guys could start the set at following CET/GMT+1 times:
- Today (Friday) any time after 17
- Sunday 9-18
- Tuesday 15-20
- Wednesday 17-21

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. I'll let you know about later times later if nescessary.

Hiya. My gobs are ready to be used as drumsticks, don't worry... You'll have a great performance :P

Tuesday 15.30 would be fine, I'll see you then!

equilibri

So, this was a match with a lot of turns... :D

This time Edmund Emmerthaler (the star of WoC) gave the other Gutter Runners a chance to shine, and see what that gave them...
A silly draw against some D-elves from a world of CD:s...

Well, at least the rats hit the hardest. 3 cas against the elves AV8, and the apothecary in WoC did not even need to put a bandaid on any of the rats.
The elves had a rough start with a dubbelskull from a blitzer that resulted in the first Cas of the game.
That did not matter, though, cause their starrunner just did what he always do... Pass the ball the right way and they could score in the middle of first half.
Then the rats did what they always do, run, run, run, run and score... In 2 turns...
But that was a mistake, cause the elves can run to, and in the last turn of first half they scored again!
The rats had one chance to even out the score, and of course, with some really hard pushing and dodging, a oneturner was scored and it was 2-2 going in to second half!

Now, this was about it...
Second half the elves got a blitz, and almost took the ball, but the rats kept it, and then the elves took it, and then the rats took it back, and then the elves stole it again...

Well, you get the point...

A few missed 2+ and a few stumbled GFI:s made the second half a lot like a tennis-game for the audience, and the game ended 2-2...

Thanks for the game, Golden! I am so proud of my rats that they didn't get hurt at all, and this was the first oneturner I think I ever succeeded with online! :D

hakos

As part of the audience I have to say that the first half was one of the most exciting half's I have ever seen. Well worth the entrance fee. The second half, well, let's just say that I groaned a couple of times due to the fails at critical moments.

This was also the first time I ever have seen a one turn touch down. Finally I understand how it can be done. A very educational match to watch. Bernard might be featured in the next issue of "The Legends"...

/hakos