S18 - Match Day 1

Started by J-Reedy, December 13, 2014, 11:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnaarkill

In a last minute decision to play the match this Sunday, the Ogre Kingdom Wrestling Federation took the seets in their tour busses for a journey to the first event of the season, Sunday Night SMACKDOWN.
Arriving at the arena located deep in the dark woods of vampire-land the opposition of Kauppaopiston Opet was already waiting, there was no time for chit chat, straight on to the show!

And what a show it was, much to the fans delight, especially when Hulk Hogre managed to do his signature move "the leg drop" three times wich resulted in injuries every single time. Or when Macho Ogre did a big elbow drop from the top row in the stands straight down on a clueless vampire player smashing the vamp's collar bone. Or when.... Yea thats pretty much the summary of the game.
ALOT of injuries on the vamp team resulted in very low manpower for the vamp's wich had a tough time coming back into the second half. The Ogres had pretty good luck with their bone-head rolls even though it stopped them late in the first halft to score a TD. And they were lucky it worked in the final move of the second half for the winning TD, with no rerolls left.

GG Kezerk! Thx for the game!

Kezerk

Quote from: Gnaarkill on December 14, 2014, 09:02:32 PM
In a last minute decision to play the match this Sunday, the Ogre Kingdom Wrestling Federation took the seets in their tour busses for a journey to the first event of the season, Sunday Night SMACKDOWN.
Arriving at the arena located deep in the dark woods of vampire-land the opposition of Kauppaopiston Opet was already waiting, there was no time for chit chat, straight on to the show!
And what a show it was, much to the fans delight, especially when Hulk Hogre managed to do his signature move "the leg drop" three times wich resulted in injuries every single time. Or when Macho Ogre did a big elbow drop from the top row in the stands straight down on a clueless vampire player smashing the vamp's collar bone. Or when.... Yea thats pretty much the summary of the game.
ALOT of injuries on the vamp team resulted in very low manpower for the vamp's wich had a tough time coming back into the second half. The Ogres had pretty good luck with their bone-head rolls even though it stopped them late in the first halft to score a TD. And they were lucky it worked in the final move of the second half for the winning TD, with no rerolls left.

GG Kezerk! Thx for the game!

I must protest!  The game report is completely false. (The failure to score on first half was NOT due to a failed Bone Head roll. (It was a Both Down result of a block dice.)

There, now I'm vindicated and should actually be granted the win due to shooting holes to the Ogre propaganda.

And yes, it was fun and good game, although for the last two turns it was hard to decide which one of my one remaining player I should move first.

- Kez.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.

Lars

Muller when can you play ?
I should be abel to play wednesday or friday  from about 19:00 and saturday from 10:00

/Lars

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Kezerk on December 14, 2014, 09:19:26 PM
I must protest!  The game report is completely false. (The failure to score on first half was NOT due to a failed Bone Head roll. (It was a Both Down result of a block dice.)

Protest accepted! Your statement is totally correct!

I'm sorry for the confusing text, i obviously rolled a 1 when trying to type the text ;D

/Gnaar

muller71

Quote from: Lars on December 15, 2014, 11:00:51 AM
I should be abel to play wednesday or friday  from about 19:00 and saturday from 10:00

/Lars

I can play on wednesday starting at 21.45CET or Sunday from 21CET.

Lars

Quote from: muller71 on December 15, 2014, 04:46:42 PM

/Lars

lets go with wednesday 21.45

/Lars

muller71

Quote from: Lars on December 15, 2014, 04:48:15 PM
Quote from: muller71 on December 15, 2014, 04:46:42 PM

/Lars

lets go with wednesday 21.45

/Lars

Great, see u on wednesday.

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: Mr B on December 13, 2014, 09:49:41 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on December 13, 2014, 03:10:53 PM
Friday is not possible. Saturday will probably work, not sure when though. Sometime early afternoon or so would probably be best.
21 cet is the times to start with. As the boys should be a sleep then.
Earlier times will be a no. And I rather play on sunday as I rather do something in RL instead.

Cheers.

OK, not sure how it will look then. I will go home for christmas around that time so might not be available. I'll return when I know more, but it might be kinda short notice.
Quote from: Mr B on December 14, 2014, 07:59:05 AM
Ok.. just fyi my occ game will be held around that time also.. you first ching now but as we say in Swedish..
First to the mill..
I think late sunday should work (probably late saturday too, but I'd rather do something rl as well). Can you start 22 perhaps? That would make it easier to get away.

Mr B

As it looks now.. that is doable. 22 sunday.

The Golden Arrow

OK, there is a small chance that my parents will say no when I finally go home to them, but I doubt it. If you don't hear anything else I'm on for playing :)

muller71

Lars,

I can start at 20CET if IT is better for you?

equilibri

And here we go!
The first game for the smelly rats from World of Cheese! And what a game!

Despite the advantage of both a chainsaw and a ball-and-chain, plus the 2 trolls, the gobbos of GobDogs (or was it DobGogs?) was not playing their best this match...
On both sides there was bad rolls, but because of the insane speed of the Gutter Runners in World of Cheese there was nothing to do about the rats scoring.
Well, one rat was scoring... Edmund Emmenthaler scored all the TD:s for the rats this game, and he is now only 1 TD (and 1 pass) from advancing once more... :D

Well, not a great game with lots of misclicks and bad rolls, but it was two amateur-teams that played, so what to expect?

Thanks for the game, Luiggi! Hope your next game will be less frustrating!

Luiggi

Well played equilibri. I'm surprised they gave me 60k gold after that match :D

Long story short: the dogs and their trainer failed miserably and the skaven got a well deserved victory.

Gobdogs will try their luck again next match day.

Lars

The Dwarf vs Cdwarf has been played ended with a draw 1-1 a pretty slow pasede match with a quite nice defence from both sides.

/Lars

J-Reedy

DA BEATMORES OPEN UP THEIR TOUR WITH A RIOT OF A GIG!

Good news all you music lovers – the promising orcish da-pop band Da Beatmores have gotten a touring contract! The Fab Four as their fans call them, will be playing 11 gigs with a reservation for 2 more based on the success ratio of the Da Beatmores' Blood Bowl games. Yes, you read it correctly dear music enthusiastic. Times are hard – you might recall from our last month's issue that even the famed vampire troll band Turning Rocks had to trim down their touring schedule – so it's understandable that the relatively unknown but very promising Da Beatmores have to make some concessions to get score such a big tour. So Da Beatmores will be also playing Blood Bowl games before or after their regular set. The tour started last week and your favorite reporter – me – was there to witness the spectacle!

So how was the gig, you might ask. One word: awesome! The band opened up with their hit song Hard Day's Knight which really jump started the crowd. With a groovy da-pop song following one another after that, the crowd – mostly made up of teenage orcettes, trollettes and skinkettes but also strong representation from all other old world races – really got their money's worth. So it understandable that when the Fab Four closed with their new ballad Let It Beat that seems to be designed to make teenagers lose their socks – and dare I say – bunch up their knickers, the crowd went wild. So wild in fact, that they stormed the field just as the post-concert Blood Bowl match was about to start. Luckily for the Fab Four their black orc bodyguards managed turn the wave of attacking teenagers but with a cost of stunned and knocked down bobs.

This pitch invasion seemed to upset Da Beatmores so that their attack against their opponent, the Phin Phighters – excellent looking bunch of bowlers, although I suspect that biggest contributions that they could make to music would be to give up their scales to be used as guitar picks – didn't catch fire and the first half of the match ended scoreless.

During the halftime Da Beatmores performed two more songs as encore, their cover version of Roll Over Beathoves by the famed beastman artist Shuk Bury and - by the demand of a crowd chant – once again their hit Hard Day's Knight. And once again, the crowd was sold! So much so, that a riot broke out and the start of the second half of the Blood Bowl game had to be postponed. After the game started, Da Beatmores held their own until two of their bodyguards, Teddy Boy and Madman, got injured and the lizard folks scored a goal – or whatever they score in this game. But now I'll tell you about the best part this tour - Da Beatmores got a stipulation into the touring contract that states they get to perform an extra song every time a goal is scored! So it was one more song, and this time it was an oldie but goodie, I Saw Her Sitting here!

The result of the song wasn't as enthusiastic as the previous two, but it still got the fans cheering! After a short run on the field to please their fans, Da Beatmores left the stadium to start their trek towards their next concert / BB game against the Kauppaopiston Opet. Judging by this opening gig, we're going to have a heck of a concert and a spectacular tour and I'm definitely following the band!

-------------------
Very late "match report", had much stuff to do before the start of my X-mas vacation. Kvasiman played excellent defensive game with the lizzies and as my orcs weren't feeling up to hurting anybody, I really got nothing going. And the Black Orc armor really seems to be overvalued as Kvasi mentioned during the game: both casualties against me were from BOBs. Nice game though, late thanks for the good game, Kvasilad!