Started by J-Reedy, March 25, 2015, 07:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muller71

The dwarfs is in for another season.

Mr B

And there we got it..

Nice thanks everyone for keeping up!

hakos

I had more or less decided to go for ony of my old favourites, Opa Gangnam Style, but now that everyone else is using last seasons team I feel obligated to continue with the High Elfs. Tough decision.

What is the TV limit? And does it also include what could be bought for gold?

/hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on April 13, 2015, 08:47:47 AM
I had more or less decided to go for ony of my old favourites, Opa Gangnam Style, but now that everyone else is using last seasons team I feel obligated to continue with the High Elfs. Tough decision.

What is the TV limit? And does it also include what could be bought for gold?

/hakos

It looks like The Phin Phighters have the highest TV with 1770, so I guess that's the limit. As stated in the first post in this thread, TV limit rules are here: http://norscaleague.com/index.php?topic=3.0

tags

Slightly off topic, but does anyone have any thoughts on Blood Bowl 2? Seems like the release date is set to 28th of May, and it's shipping with only eight teams.

I, for one, will be buying it day 1 no matter what, but I'm not sure if it's feasible to run NUL with only eight teams even if it should prove to be technically superior? (which it may not, of course, who knows)

Mr B

This is one topic still left to discuss.
And I think we need to raise hands who has it in order to see the impact.

For my point of view I'd say no as they need to secure tons of issues.. I assume...

8teams would be quite good in here.. but I am sceptical.

And how will it affect the current version.. no one knows.

Gnaarkill

As for Blood Bowl 2 I will also buy it on release. But im perfectly OK to play the original until everything settles in the second version.

/Gnaar

The Golden Arrow

I will probably wait on buying it until I get some feedback and see if it's worth it. I would prefer to keep the original for at least two more seasons and take the discussion when we have more information.

Lars

I am of the opinion that implementation of rules and teams trumfs graphics and other fancy stuff. i think good old fumbbl still is better than the current implementation from cyanide. But since fumbbl don't exists anymore we have to go for the next best and then it's depending on team availability, rule implementation and a product free from buggs.

I think we should wait at leaast to seasons before makeing a dessicion to maby move over to the new version. If its just graphics and brretonians i rather stay on a game with more teams and more depths.

/Lars

tags

Sounds like we can agree on running the remaining two seasons of this batch first and then having a discussion.  By the time that's done, BB2 will probably have been out a couple of months already

Mr B

Quote from: Lars on April 14, 2015, 10:24:23 AM
'But since fumbbl don't exists anymore we have to go for the next best'
Keh?

What do you mean...https://fumbbl.com it is there alright?

Lars

damn nice it was gone for some times after cyanide realesed thegame think fumbbl got some threaths from games workshop.

/Lars

tags

Quote from: Lars on April 14, 2015, 10:24:23 AM
I am of the opinion that implementation of rules and teams trumfs graphics and other fancy stuff. i think good old fumbbl still is better than the current implementation from cyanide. But since fumbbl don't exists anymore we have to go for the next best and then it's depending on team availability, rule implementation and a product free from buggs.

I agree that rule implementation and team availability is more important than flashy graphics, but in my mind graphics and ambience is at least part of the experience. I have to say that I am enjoying BB more with Cyanide's presentation, and while I did try a few games on FUMBBL, it was simply too uninspiring for me to go on playing there.

Here's hoping BB2 improves on rules and star players, and not just graphics.

Barmution

I'll stay on BB1 until BB2 gets more teams and is bug vetted through playtesting. Got a few heads ups from guys in another league that the implementation as of yet holds certain low Cyanide standards...
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Personally i must admit that im a bit of a sucker for nice looking graphics. No, I dont go buy the latest Assassin Creed or Call of duty game, but i like when a game looks nice. BB2 really looks good and from the look of the gameplay trailer the atmosphere on the pitch feels great. I do like Cyanides style of making fantasy games. Both Styx and Of Orcs and Men was eye-candy in my opinion, really love their gritty style. But as you guys say, when it comes to gameplay, Cyanide have alot to work with.
So i completly agree with you guys. We should at least stay with the original game for 2 more seasons if not more. I have a feeling that BB2 will have to get a couple of months in its backpack before it is somewhat stable.

That wont stop me from getting the game at release though :P
Cause I can't wait enough to try it out! ;D

/Gnaarkill