J-Reedy

Quote from: equilibri on March 24, 2015, 10:43:56 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on March 24, 2015, 06:04:27 PM
Sorry to interupt you Big-Shots ;D

But how about Season 19!?

/Gnaar

Just the question I was about to ask! :D
Need to play more BLOOD BOWL!

I'll put up the sign-up later today after work but it'll be preliminary as we don't yet know about the TV limit. But looking at the Phin Phighters current TV of 1820 the limit is going to be quite high.

Barmution

As BBManager is down again I'll just have to announce this the good old way:
The Boots take home a surprise win against the Phins! Experts theorize that this is only possible due to the Phins being tired from an exhausting season of causing casualties all around the NUL and just wanted to sleep in the sun for this match. The Boots' armor was impeccable and the Phins had trouble getting shots in as well as failing a couple of blocks that were clearly in their favor. After scoring relatively early in the first half due to feeling threatened by a wizard that never actually did anything, the Phins got in a sticky situation leading to the equalizer. The next half saw Killy Turner out KO'd relatively early, putting another dent in the Lizardmen plan of standing still and murderizing the closest players and eventually the Boots were able to grind out a late score, partially due to a riot taking time off the clock exactly when the Lizards were getting into the hurting game. Final score: 2-1 to the Boots.

Thanks for the match, Kvasi. As I said in game, there wasn't much doubt that Nuffle had sided with me this time. Lack of armor breaks for you made me able to tie you down and I even managed to dodge around quite well when I needed to so there really wasn't much you could do given those dice. See you next season!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Barmution

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Mr B

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on March 24, 2015, 01:13:55 PM
Next week I can only play Monday or Tuesday btw. Then I will be on vacation for a week.
Alright dude... please let me know so I can plan this evening also.. thanks.
I have a wife etc so... do I have to turn on the computer or not tonight Golden?

The Golden Arrow

I'm so sorry, I thought I posted here that I could play but something must have gone wrong when I tried to post with the phone. I couldn't make the game, but really did plan to tell you.

Edit:
Quote from: Mr B on March 25, 2015, 09:04:50 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on March 25, 2015, 08:58:30 PM
There won't be any game tonight sadly :-(
Gah, why do you post this answer in here??!!!

Alright.. see you when I see you then.

Aha, that's what went wrong. Again, I'm really sorry, didn't plan for that to happen.

Mr B

Yes.. thats ok.. sunday is out.. monday might work.. not 100%.

The Golden Arrow

Ok I will leave Monday open at least.

hakos

THE LEGENDS OF BLOOD BOWL, ISSUE NUL18:12

Who have impressed the most? Who is the best of the best? Who had the best season? Is there an owl here? Time for our special edition where we present the top 10 players of season NUL 18:12. That is, the top 10 of potential legendary material in this league. To become a legend you must be a leader in your team and you need to give the audience what it wants; blood, goals and a show worth remembering.

An honorable mention goes to our goblin friends, Dogob and Balldog. Thanks for a lot of entertaining moments. There are some worthy dwarves that could have made the list as well, especially Skurak, but he did not fulfill one of our criteria. Being part of the team from day 1.

#10, Value 150, SPP 24, 'Count Alec the Handful of Tacos'
2 MVP, 3 TD, 3 PASS, 3 RECEPTIONS, 4 KO, 1 CAS, 182 RUNNING
Count Alec is undoubtedly the star of his team with 28% of the teams total star points belonging to him. Twice as much as the second best player of Kauppaopiston Opet. As most vampires, he is a versatile player but unlike most he does not seem to be that violent. Or perhaps he just prefers the well known taste of blood from this own thralls, instead of opposition blood?

#9, Value 120, SPP 26, 'Rincewind'
1 MVP, 5 TD, 6 PASS, 3 RECEPTIONS, 296 RUNNING
Rincewind dropped off in efficiency at the end of the season. Perhaps it was all the running that tired him? But in total he has managed to create many worthwile moments thanks to his versatility and unique skillset. The highlight is probably the 3 passes in the 3rd day. 

#8, Value 180, SPP 20, 'Hulk Hogre'
10 CAS, 2 KILLS
Hulk is a single minded and very uneven player but when he remembers his only order from the coach.  "Hit anything nearby". He is a fearsome player to meet on the field.

#7, Value 190, SPP 34, 'Rage Against The Sardine'
2 MVP, 8 TD, 3 RECEPTIONS, 6 KO, 470 RUNNING
Here is another player that is the centerpiece of his team, with 31% of the teams total star points belonging to him. He is also the second best goal maker and the best runner in the league. All in all, that makes him rank as number 7.

#6, Value 150, SPP 22, 'Sarge Pepper'
0 MVP, 5 TD, 5 PASS, 1 KO, 1 CAS, 414 RUNNING
One of the more interesting players in the league. Definitely the one with the most fans. Except the MVP award judges, of course. He appears on four of the top 10 charts and you never know what he will do with the ball. Run with it? Throw it? Ignore it and bash someone instead? He is the 3rd best runner in the league which is astonishing considering that he is actually rather slow. His best performances, though, are on stage. This player definitely fulfils the "give the audience a show they will never forget" criteria.

#5, Value 150, SPP 32, 'Sandalf the Wise'
3 MVP, 1 TD, 1 PASS, 11 KO, 10 CAS, 1 KILL, 14 RUNNING
Sandalf started a bit slow but it seems that the longer he plays, the better he becomes. Also a very important player for his team, which is shown by his 3 MVP awards. He specializes in hurting the opposition but can also do other things when needed.

#4, Value 140, SPP 26, 'Aeolus'
2 MVP, 1 TD, 1 PA, 2 RECEPTIONS, 1 INTERCEPT, 4 KO, 5 CAS, 2 KILL, 48 RUNNING
Aeolus was on fire in the early days of the league but slowed down in the middle. He is the only one to earn star points in every possible category. Also, he is the only one who has managed to hurt 4 players in the same match. The show value of killing and intercepting is high enough to earn him a 4th place.

#3, Value 140, SPP 38, 'Killy Turner'
2 MVP, 2 TD, 14 KO, 11 CAS, 2 KILL, 34 RUNNING
Killy Turner excels in a team full of fantastic players and easily earns a top 3 spot. He is the only player to earn star points in all matches he played. He is definitely a fearsome player with an average of 1 CAS per match, best of all, and 2 kills. If that was not enough, he has even managed to score twice with an agility of 1.

#2, Value 80, SPP 28, 'The Gutter'
1 MVP, 1 TD, 2 RECEPTIONS, 1 INTERCEPT, 1 KO, 9 CAS, 1 KILL, 20 RUNNING
The Gutter is certainly the biggest surprise of this season. No one expected a thrall to be one of the most dominating players. He does not seem to care who the opponent is. He is just doing whatever the team needs. Scoring, intercepting or killing but most often it is to hurt some opponents. He had a great streak in day 6 and day 7 where he managed a total of 6 cas and 1 touch down. All of this by a player that cost only 80k gold. That is surely a dream for all coaches and worthy of a second place.

#1, Value 160, SPP 43, 'Edmund Emmenthaler'
1 MVP, 9 TD, 9 PA, 7 RECEPTIONS, 0 KO, 1 CAS, 312 RUNNING
Edmund is the clear winner on this list. Both on statistics, importance for his team and showmanship. He as earned most star points of all, has made the most goals, is second in passes, 6th best runner, 4th longest thrower and the second best receiver. He is the single most valuable player for his team with a total of 34% of his team's star points belonging to him. No one runs faster than Edmund and with an unmatched agility and ability to simply just leap over his opponent this is a player that will continue to amaze the audience. Oh, and did we mention his first match ever? He scored 4 times, something which no one else has managed. In fact, not even an entire team managed to score as much as 4 times in the same match.

Mr B

Nice Hakos..
Splendid really!!
:D

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Mr B on March 30, 2015, 08:45:14 AM
Nice Hakos..
Splendid really!!
:D

Could not agree more! Awsome Hakos! ;D

And I feel honored to have a player in the top 10! 8)

/Gnaar

Mr B

We are still on Golden?
Then tonight it is...

Need a break from Bloodborne  ;D

The Golden Arrow

Yeah, 21 as normal I guess?

The Golden Arrow

Wow, what a game. This was probably the strangest game I've ever played. I was almost sure that I had lost and then by some miracle (dice) I managed to turn it around and take the game 2-1. Not sure if I'm happy or just shocked...

It started with me missing my first pick up and the vamps having a good turn of hypnotic gaze and dodges which let them grab the ball. This put me in a rather bad spot, but forgetting that one of his thralls had guard I made a rather bad play not getting to his vamp. He ran away with his vamps and I conseded to let him score but put some pressure on him. I however forgot about the guard thrall again and failed my one die block which meant that I failed to crowd surf a vamp and also tied up alot of my players which meant that he could get down to my end zone and camp there. I tried to put pressure on him, but all my long shots failed and he could score on the last turn. It didn't help that he passed all blood thirst rolls with all vamps first four turns either (but as they say, Nuffle is a fickle god).

In the second half I failed hard with my defensive play and he had good injury dice which put him in a very strong position about halfway into my half. A few turns in he left a small opening to his ballcarrier however (small might be an underestimate here) and as I was down 6/10 in players (I think) I figured I had nothing to do but go for it. He had left his vamp beside the side line and I could blitz him from the front. I only needed to dodge in one player behind the vamp to get the crowd surf and one brave elf managed to do some very fine dodging to get there. My witch elf then rounded his players and with a dodge or two got the blitz on the vamp. It was 2 dice against but as I had wrestle all but skull would knock him down and I got the push knocking him out of the pitch. The kick wasn't that awesome, close to my end zone but I got a player to pick it up. This was obviously a very unlikely tackle, but in addition to this it seemed like the dice turned completely and I succeeded with everything after this while Bantha failed most thing he tried. The most fun thing was when he tried to knock my awesome witch into the crowd. He failed his blood lust roll but had a thrall beside him, however he rolled double blockskulls and as I had wrestle this put him down and he was unable to feed putting him out of the match :)

I then somehow managed to get the ball into the end zone being outnumbered 2 to 1. Lots of fails from Bantha's dice was involed here. We only had one turn left of match time after this so none could score in normal time. It was ages since I last played an OT game online and I thought it worked like in the board game where you set up a completely new drive, but as you know it instead just goes on. I therefore had a terrible defensive setup but I managed to right it up and grind him down (he was out of rerolls at this time and things didn't go his way). Eventually I got the ball and managed to score after beating down his team.

It still feels like a very underserved win but I'll take what I'm given I guess. Well played Bantha!

Mr B

Hehe.. yes that was a nice handover by nuffle.
Failing to get you down so many times after that steal was just insane.
So here we are again.. winning the group failing in semi.
Good luck Golden!

J-Reedy

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on March 31, 2015, 12:16:11 AM
...It was ages since I last played an OT game online and I thought it worked like in the board game where you set up a completely new drive, but as you know it instead just goes on...

Oh, that's news for me as I've never had an online OT game. Good to know. Changes the end game quite a lot.