S19 - Match Day 9

Started by J-Reedy, April 18, 2015, 07:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr B

Ok.. then we wait and we will have our game and then move to off season for some *cough*.
Play off for others ::)

J-Reedy

Checking in from my roadtrip. Confirming that I should be able to play on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest next week. Mr. B, if you already know your availability on those days, let me know and I'll book the time.

Btw. I thought I saw Bantha last week, but turned out to be someone else:

This was also interesting, big guy going after sprinter. Little guy had bigger speed, so he got away:

Mr B

Hehe.. Good one JR.. nice to hear that all is well with you.
That's little brother B.
Less hair, less strength.. you know.

Set the clocks for 21 cest.. should be 22 fin time and my boys will hopefully sleep.
Day: Wednesday
Tip: Bring extra apo

Gnaarkill

Whoa!

Beautiful photos J-R! Are you in North America?

J-Reedy

Quote from: Gnaarkill on July 20, 2015, 10:02:18 AM
Whoa!

Beautiful photos J-R! Are you in North America?

Yep, I was in Canada and US, the pics were from Yellowstone, we drove all around the Rockies. Now back in home and ready for tonight's regular season ender.

Mr B

Mr B

Aaaand the game was played..

Had to wake up JR from now and then (kidding of course.. he was just.. tired.. dead tired).. Jetlag is not a team, it's not a song.. it's just amazing.

Anyhow, the game was finished, the Vamps Won.. amazing..

Good luck in the semi and final.. if you do not fall a sleep in those games also.

And of course, The Warmest of Welcome back to NUL, my dear JR!
Brother B

hakos

THE LEGENDS OF BLOOD BOWL, ISSUE NUL19:9

The normal season of NUL S19 is done and while waiting for the exciting play-offs let's take a look at what has happened this season. We will mourn a bit, be fascinated by extraordinary feats and finally tally up the top 10 best players of this season. Who remains from last season and who is new on the list? Read on to find out!

LOST PLAYERS
Excitement is always high in blood bowl, because you never know which player(s) will play their very last match. For this season, a total of 32 players did just that. But which team lost the most? Here is a top 10 table you have probably not seen before: The top 10 teams who lost the most this season.

PosTeamSPPGold
#1Dark Souls II89460
#2World of Cheese67270
#3The Emperor's New Boots32160
#4jummy sounds15220
#5OKWF15100
#6Discworld Allstars14340
#7FC Excelsior6140
#8Da Beatmores4130
#9BeerBellyz00
#10The Phin Phighters00

When we look behind these numbers we find some truly great players. For example, the best player of this season: 'Chuck Chevré'. He exploded with 37 spp's earned in just 6 matches (53 spp in total). He gave it all for his team. The dark ones (no, not the dark elves) lost both 'The Gutter' (31 spp) and 'No-Man's Wharf' (26 spp), the true backbone of their team. Two other, perhaps not so well-known, veterans were also lost, 'Billy Booties' (26 spp) and 'Duke's Dear Freja' (23 spp). With 3 of these 5 high profile players coming from the vampire team, the question is: Will the vampires rise again from the darkness?

HONORABLE MENTIONS
There are some players that may not be that well known but who have done some amazing things. Here are 7 honorable mentions:

The Boxing Ball
'Zeb Colsnoter' never ceases to amaze. This agile snotling has played a total of 20 matches and been knocked out 11 times and injured 7 times. Despite that, he has not gained any permanent injuries.

Mirror Kills
'Looking Glass Knight' is not only one of our four stars this season. He is also the only serial killer with two kills this season.

The Bounty Hunter
When you amass points like Chuck Chevré you will become a big target for the killer on any opposition team. Henceforth, 'Clam Halen', the killer of Chuck, will be forever known as the bounty hunter.

The Long Ranger
'Titus' is the master of the long pass. He throws measure as many yards as the number second, third, fourth and fifth player on the list.

The Perfect Gentleman
In a total of 19 matches 'Lost Bastille' has not knocked out or injured anyone. He still stands at 0 spp's. But he is very good at being polite to the opponents being knocked out 6 times and injured 8 times.

My Precious
'Rage Against The Sardine' likes to get the ball and then keep it for as long as possible. He was the best runner last season and easily won that title also this season. Of course, he has 2 legs up on his competition.

The Rock
The competition is hard but in the end no other than 'The Rock' himself can win it. This ogre has played 15 matches and taken no injuries or even been knocked down a single time. Runner up is Mean Mr. Mustard, with 19 matches and only being knocked down once.

TOP 10
Finally, what you have all been waiting for. The top 10 best players this season. As normal the spots are awarded based on spp's this season, crowd impression, importance for their team, total spp, total value and of course the judges perfect judgement skills.

#10, Value 190, SPP 25 (42), 'Bread Zeppelin'
3 MVP, 3 TD, 1 PASS, 4 KO, 150 RUNNING
Last season Bread Zeppelin did not get much attention but now he has emerged as a star and is clearly the most important player in his team with 3 most valued players awards and making 60% of the teams total goals this season.

#9, Value 140, SPP 25 (50), 'B'Maul McCargnagey'
1 MVP, 2 TD, 7 CAS, 1 RECEPTION, 8 KO, 36 RUNNING
What has happened with B'Maul? His stage presence is still great but in the last 3 matches he did nothing on the field. Perhaps it was meeting all those fans back stage that was too much for him? Anyway, his performance in the first 6 days of this season is enough to put him into the number 9 spot.

#8, Value 120, SPP 18 (30), 'Krurim'
1 MVP, 3 TD, 2 PASS, 2 RECEPTION, 1 CAS, 138 RUNNING
A dwarf that passes? Impossible! Krurim and his brother Skurak (or is it sister? It sure is hard to tell with all that beard covering their bodies) have showed the audience a new kind of dwarf team, the passing one. They have been passing to each other like elves and doubled the speed of the team, surprising many opponents. In total Krurim has been the better one of them this season.

#7, Value 160, SPP 23 (61), 'Killy Turner'
3 MVP, 7 KO, 4 CAS
Killy Turner did not live up to his name, no kills this season. Despite that, he is clearly a very valued player in the lizard team with 3 most valued player awards this season and he is also the first one to reach 5 most valued player awards in total.

#6, Value 180, SPP 26 (54), 'Charlie Cheddar'
9 KO, 13 CAS, 1 KILL
Say hello to Mr. Claw. This guy scored 13 casualties in 9 matches. In day 8 he was on fire with 4 cas in one single match. This puts him on equal status with Sandalf this season. In total he is the second most violent player passing players like Hulk Hogre, Killy turner and B'Maul. Incredibly enough he is only the second most important rat in his team, otherwise he would have placed higher.

#5, Value 60, SPP 11 (16), 'Little Jimmy'
1 MVP, 2 TD, 42 RUNNING
The stats does not make this snotling justice. With his 2 flying goals in the same match he created the most memorable moment for the audience this season and also almost single handely his teams only point in the league. That makes him rank this high.

#4, Value 170, SPP 26 (71), 'Sandalf the Wise'
7 KO, 13 CAS, 1 KILL
Sandalf is the one doing the dirty work in his team. 13 CAS in 9 matches this season, 4 in one match and 26 CAS in total make him a fearsome player to face. The biggest star in the league but not as dominating as last season. Let's see what he will do in the play-offs, which is where he truly shines.

#3, Value 180, SPP 31 (31), 'Dragonrider'
2 MVP, 5 TD, 4 PASS, 2 RECEPTION, 2 KO, 1 CAS, 202 RUNNING
Clearly the biggest surprise this season. He started as a complete rookie on day one but is now the second best vampire. Always delivering value to his team. This fast moving vampire share the #1 spot for most touch downs this season.

#2, Value 150, SPP 35 (44), 'Castor''
2 MVP, 5 TD, 6 RECEPTION, 1 KO, 5 CAS, 1 KILL, 82 RUNNING
In second place we find the player that generated the most SPP of all this season (Chuck not counted). He also shares the #1 spot for most touch downs and is the single best receiver this season. He is a fast mover but has not had to move that much due to being in the same team as Titus the Long Ranger. He is also versatile, can leap over his opponents, get the ball, is surprisingly good at hurting and even killing.

#1, Value, 230, SPP 34 (77), 'Edmund Emmenthaler'
1 MVP, 4 TD, 15 PASS, 5 RECEPTION, 1 CAS, 232 RUNNING
Once again Edmund is the king of NUL. This super star is just racking up the trophies. #1 most spp, #2 most spp this season, #1 best scorer, #1 thrower (number), #2 thrower (yards), #3 runner. He continues to amaze the public with his stunts, just jumping over the opposition or diving under them, whatever is needed to grab the ball and then he passes it to one of his team mates that usually scores. A total of 15 passes in 9 matches is incredible. No player is as important for his team as he. Edmund is also very versatile, passing, scoring, receiving, running, hurting. He can do it all.

Gnaarkill

@J-R
I'm so jealous! Hope you had a great time over there, and welcome back to Scandinavia! :D

@Hakos
Amazing job Hakos! Thx for a well written summary, big creds to you sir.

Im so happy about the fact that 3 of my players even were mentioned in this honorable issue! ;D
I was always all about the ogres, but now i see it clearly, its the snotlings that do all the dirty work! They will definitely get more of my respect in our third and final season.

In a recent interview, coach Gnaarkill clearly stated:
"No, i'm so dissapointed about how this team has developed through these two seasons. Rising and promising wrestling stars has showed up and only developed into mediocre wrestling chumps. The snots are doing all right but that's just not enough. What this team needs is a true leader that can bring back a solid morale. At this moment i feel that is just not possible. The OKWF will do a third and final season though, for the fans. We know we can do a solid season under the right circumstances and that is what we want to show to our proud fans! HOLD THE OGRE BANNER HIGH!"

Some sources also tell that Gnaarkill, coach of the OKWF, recently have started talking with the Amazon teamleader Zara Zebra about a deal as a new headcoach for their team "Amazon Hunters". If these rumours are correct, we will probably see Gnaarkill moving to the jungle for season 21.

Mr B

Alright Hakos..

Superb finish on this season zummary..
Outstanding in total.. just amazing.

Very fun report and good research.
I enjoy it very much.

Thanks a bunch hakos!

hakos

Thanks a lot guys for the fine comments. I'm happy that you like it.

/hakos

tags

Just want to add my apprecation for your articles Hakos, really adds to the NUL experience :)