S19 - Match Day 8

Started by J-Reedy, April 18, 2015, 07:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Ok, guys. As I mentioned earlier, I'll be away for two weeks, I'm actually writing this at the Helsinki airport. I have gaming capable laptop with me but I can't guarantee Wi-Fi as I'll be driving around without prebooked hotels, staying where I find nice motels, and I'll also be 7 or 8 hours behind CEST. So, in practice my chances of gaming are close to nill. Also, Mueller probly has other things in his mind right now, so I think our md8 match might be postponed quite a long time. On my end, I'll be back on July 22nd, probly able to play around 23rd/24th.

So I'll leave it up to you to decide what should be done about next two matchweeks. I'm fine taking an admin loss or tie from MD8 if waiting for me/Mueller would slow down other games. But as I have playoff aspirations, I'd really like the chance to game for the p-offs spot in MD9. But as I said, I'll leave it up to you do decide on the schedule of next two weeks. I'm totally fine with anything, after all, this is just a game.

Anyways, I'm now off to the boarding gate, I'll check in the forums whenever I have a chance.

The Golden Arrow

Hi Lasse, I will be about 20 mins late to our game. Hope that's ok with you?

Lars

Mr B

Quote from: hakos on July 01, 2015, 10:55:35 AM
Ok, I guess we could try tomorrow (thursday) at 21 then?

/Hakos
Ready and waiting..

The Golden Arrow

Thanks for the game Lasse :) My elves failed miserably at elf things (ie going away from people), but luckiely Lasse's dwarves forgot how to block in the second half and after two good turns Elvis, the Mino decided that
he was done playing and proceeded to be the worst player on the field.

Sadly the librarian got too much of blood bowl and decided after his first game that he wouldn't play anymore (he can't truly be dead... surely...).

hakos

I wish I could say I won due to my superior play skills, but sadly, that would be very far from truth.

Bantha had a really, really bad day at work.

In the first half Bantha failed at least 4 2D attempts to get the ball loose. And then he finally got it, he throwed it to a vampire but the ball bounced on his head and landed right in the arms of my master thrower. Had to use safe throw to cancel his intercept but that worked well and I could score 1-0 in turn 8.

In the second half Bantha was the receiver but managed to go down to 8 players after 2 turns without me hurting anyone. Two of his thrulls were badly hurt when the vampires wanted a blood donation and one vampire managed to knock himself out of the game in some strange way.

After that it was just for me to encircle his team and start to push them off the field, knock them down, etc. In turn 14 I scored the 2-0 goal. At that time he had one dead, 4 badly hurt and 3 or 4 KO'ed players. Pure massacre.

Thanks for being such a good sport despite the really, really bad dices and good luck in the next match.

/hakos

Mr B

Quote from: J-Reedy on July 02, 2015, 02:46:35 PM
Ok, guys. As I mentioned earlier, I'll be away for two weeks, I'm actually writing this at the Helsinki airport. I have gaming capable laptop with me but I can't guarantee Wi-Fi as I'll be driving around without prebooked hotels, staying where I find nice motels, and I'll also be 7 or 8 hours behind CEST. So, in practice my chances of gaming are close to nill. Also, Mueller probly has other things in his mind right now, so I think our md8 match might be postponed quite a long time. On my end, I'll be back on July 22nd, probly able to play around 23rd/24th.

So I'll leave it up to you to decide what should be done about next two matchweeks. I'm fine taking an admin loss or tie from MD8 if waiting for me/Mueller would slow down other games. But as I have playoff aspirations, I'd really like the chance to game for the p-offs spot in MD9. But as I said, I'll leave it up to you do decide on the schedule of next two weeks. I'm totally fine with anything, after all, this is just a game.

Anyways, I'm now off to the boarding gate, I'll check in the forums whenever I have a chance.
Alright guys.. any comments?

hakos

Tough one....

Alright, here are my comments, from a player with no chance for play-off.

I do not want to wait at least 2 weeks for playing one match, and then wait at least a month for the next match. Instead I want to play the last match, asap, be done with it, and then forget about NUL for quite some time.

That would of course require an admin result now. In my eyes both players have forfeited and therefore a 1-1 draw would be the best. I do understand that result will remove Mueller from all chances of a play-off and it feels sad to do so by an admin result.

Anyway, if we decide to wait for them, or for another admin result, I'm fine with that as well.

/hakos

tags

I do feel a bit disqualified from weighing in here, as anything less than a win from muller would clinch my own playoff spot. Actually, a draw would lock up all the 4 spots.

It seems like such extraordinary circumstances (in muller's case) warrants extra wait time, but I'm not really sure he even cares about Blood Bowl at the moment, so I guess an admin would be fine. Then again, I am in no particular rush myself. I'm already away on vacation, and probably won't be able to play MD9 before Tuesday 14th of July. Even then, it's pretty much just that day, and my next opportunity would be 23rd and onwards. I'm guessing there are more people vacationing at the moment.

Mr B

Yes.. access to the final four and the current situation.
I am thinking about giving muller the admin win.
Then everyone is in the race in the final round.

Do not really like to wait this long even if it's summer time for the many people.

tags

Quote from: Mr B on July 04, 2015, 05:57:47 PM
Yes.. access to the final four and the current situation.
I am thinking about giving muller the admin win.
Then everyone is in the race in the final round.

Do not really like to wait this long even if it's summer time for the many people.

Kind of seems strange to admin him the win as well. But could work for MD8. I think he will have to tell us that he is back and actually plays MD9 if he wants to try for the playoffs though.

equilibri

I have no comment about this other than that I like to play my last game with the rats within the next month, or so.

tags

Thinking more about it, it seems really unfair to J-Reedy unless he thinks this is OK. He did, after all, post a lot of available game times immediately on match day start.

Barmution

Uncontrollable circumstances for sure, but I don't think BB is a priority for Müller now and an admin draw should be reasonably fair for both.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

muller71

Thx for all your support guys.

I think I'm Ready to play the last game. I don't want an admin win. A draw or a loss should be more fair.