S19 - Match Day 7

Started by J-Reedy, April 18, 2015, 07:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnaarkill

Quote from: kvasilad on June 17, 2015, 08:41:41 PM

I can actually play now today if you happen to see this in time, can probably start the next couple of hours before it gets too late. If we try for Sunday, I should be able to guarantee start at 22, hopefully sooner.

Sorry m8, but I missed your post.
Sunday @22 will work for me. I can check frequently on sunday to see if you come home earlier. Sorry about all the fuzz m8, thank you for bearing with me :)

/Gnaar

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on June 18, 2015, 09:53:15 AM

I can actually play now today if you happen to see this in time, can probably start the next couple of hours before it gets too late. If we try for Sunday, I should be able to guarantee start at 22, hopefully sooner.

Sunday @22 will work for me. I can check frequently on sunday to see if you come home earlier. Sorry about all the fuzz m8, thank you for bearing with me :)

/Gnaar

No worries :)

I'll have a pretty good idea earlier on Sunday when we *start* the 3-ish hours drive home, I'll try to post before that.

equilibri

Quote from: Lars on June 18, 2015, 09:16:31 AM
Quote from: equilibri on June 17, 2015, 10:00:42 PM
Lars!

When do u think u can play?
I can play like this:

Thu 18/6: 19:00->
Sat 20/6: 19:00->
Sun 21/6: 12:00-18:00

22/6-28/6 I am free from everything, so then I can play anyday, anytime! :D

Just tell me when u are ready to kick my rats all over the field!
Lets go for today 18/6 20:00 if you read this in time

/Lars

I read it in time, so I see u on the field 20:00 tonight! :D

hakos

Quote from: J-Reedy on June 17, 2015, 03:48:28 AM
Yep, let's go with Friday. Any time will do, just let me know what's best for you.

How about friday 15:00?

I think your description of Juhannus is very equal to our midsommar :) Including the theory and practice part.

BR/ Håkan

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on June 18, 2015, 12:41:48 PM
Quote from: J-Reedy on June 17, 2015, 03:48:28 AM
Yep, let's go with Friday. Any time will do, just let me know what's best for you.

How about friday 15:00?

I think your description of Juhannus is very equal to our midsommar :) Including the theory and practice part.

BR/ Håkan

Yep. Let's make it 15:00!

equilibri

RIP Chuck Chevré... A sacrifice of one of the teams best players was made to win this game, but the star Edmund Emmenthaler survived and scored!

So, here it comes:

Not much to say. Lots of turnovers in the wrong moment from the dwarfs, and that opened the field for Edmund and his quick friends!

The apothecary is now made into cheese... Dont know what he did, but Chuck looked worse after the treatment then before...

GG Lasseman and good luck in the last games!

Barmution

Hey Müller!

Do you fancy playing late Sunday (2100 CEST), it's about the only time before next week that I can play.

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Quote from: equilibri on June 18, 2015, 09:15:49 PM
RIP Chuck Chevré... A sacrifice of one of the teams best players was made to win this game, but the star Edmund Emmenthaler survived and scored!

Ahh, that was sad news. He was shaping up so well. Poor Chuck.

To see how great a player the rat team lost (53 spp, ouch), feel free to red the 'legends' summary of day 3-6, posted on match day 6.

/hakos

J-Reedy

Diary of a roadie

Oh what a dungalicious day today was. It's always the same with any tour that visit high elf outposts. The talent may get some kind of appreciation but rest of us – roadies, muscle, managers, cooks, rat whackers and all other hang arounds – we get just snarky looks that seem to sharpen while traveling along those long noses of the these so high and mighty elven folks. Just like the last time we were here. Talent got quarters in a castle – it was a small castle, but still a castle – towers while rest of us were put into dungeons. Okay, I have to admit that being high elf dungeons, they were much nicer than any normal rooms we're put in. But it's the principle! They were still called dungeons although there were six post beds (there's no sense in those but these elfs want to have everything bigger and better so naturally they must have six posts in their beds), gnome servants and tables full of food.

The last time were here, the tour was still a bit fresh and I thought our talent and their da'pop were just a passing fad that would blow over like an intelligent thought through the empty chamber between troll's ears. But the gig here really convinced me that these guys were here to stay. I remember an earlier The Crossbows and Tulips tour years that visited here and where I was roadieyng... roadying... a person in charge of roadie duties. That time the C and T were the hottest thing out there and everywhere we went there were women swooning, men cheering, kids screaming and ogres standing stupid and grinning crazy. Then we got here and they put out the biggest, baddest, meanest, bestest, heart-throbbiest gig I had ever seen before. I later heard that the local papers called the crowd reaction "rowdy and cheerful". Wouldn't have belived that with handful of snooty looking high elfs standing up and clapping after the gig and rest of them just standing still and nodding their heads. Talent got so upset about it that they locked themselves in their impcording studio with the purpose of writing and recording the best Conjuring Disc album out there that would turn even these high elfs into slobbering mass of cheer and frenzy. Well, who would've guessed that all you would need to do that was simple da'pop tunes and four fab orc guys from Liver Puddleton. I have a friend who visited there once and he said it was a tough little town even by orcish standards. Said he was lucky to get out there alive as he got mixed up between these two orcish groups, reds and blues, who were fighting each other because they didn't agree which one of them could kick an air-filled pig bladder further or something.

Anyways, last time it all looked as normal as ever here, we rode into town in the morning and nobody but the guards seemed to notice us and we were ushered into that small castle by the Blood Bowl stadium where the talent was supposed to play the gig and the Blood Bowl match. Same condescending looks from straight-backed tall elfs walking around nose in the air. The first sign that something was going to be different was when the crowd started coming in for the gig. I noticed right away that there were no chairs. That's highly unusual, as every high elf gig I've ever been to has always had lounge chairs for whole crowd. I of course went to see the organizer to make sure I wouldn't get yelled at for not arranging something that I wasn't supposed to do. Well, the guy just looked at me like I was a goblin in a chicken coop and said that there was such a high demand for the tickets that some unusual arrangements had been made. And he wasn't kidding about the high demand, the place was packet. Still seemed normal though, just more snotty elfettes and elfteennets than I had ever seen. Then our talent became on the stage and I saw something I had seen only during a Berry Verywhite gig when he sang "Never, Never gonna take you down", but this time it wasn't one teen high elf but a whole room of elfs: they sighed and some even clapped their hands together silently. And then all hell broke loose when the first chord of talent's Lady Elfdonna was struck. Those elfs started screaming and swooning like little girls when they see a white unicorn with a pink lollipop in it's mouth. And when the chorus line hit, you couldn't tell the place apart from any other gig our talent had played.

Wasn't different this time either, although now we were put in the biggest castle in the city and the gig was played on a nearby field outside the city so that the organizers could get everybody in. This time talent opened with a faster new song, High Elfs Night, and the crowd went as crazy as last time. Last time some of the high elf lords had tried to control their female relatives –no success there, I can tell you – but this time they didn't even try. It was kind of pleasing to see the high'n'mighties screaming and trashing about like that. One of them even knocked down one of our implifiers when she was trying to get on the stage and the imp broke loose through a crack in the case. That might've actually save us a lot of trouble as the imp kept on repeating talent's tunes and lyrics while it ran away, so part of the frenzied elfettes went after it instead of our talent. Made our muscle's job much easier. Those elfettes are really hard to contain as some of them can leap right over even the tallest of our muscle and dodge through even the smallest of holes.

Well, luckily for us the leaping quieted down when it came time to play Blood Bowl. Last time we played a boring 1-0 win here and things weren't much exciting this time either. Star caught the ball right from the kickoff and rushed it to midfield but was brought down there. But Sarge was there to recover the ball when the elfs dropped a pass trying to get the ball out from middle of our guys. Then he just strolled to the endzone, although he had to blitz once to make it. That ended the half and elfs started then, for a moment it looked like we could hold them as there was this one elf who insisted on leaping everywhere and falling over while doing it. But then one of them slippery catchers dodged out to the end zone while the ball-hogging passer also dodged out from his guard and sent the ball flying to the endzone. There was still time for us to score but then Piggies went and caught the ball straight from the kick-off. Good guy, Piggies, good roadie material, but he doesn't know that you should let talent do all the glory jobs. Well, Piggies made the best try he could and even delivered an accurate pass to Star who was waiting in the corner of the end zone. But Star dropped the ball, and you know who gets the blame when talent drops the ball. Yup, us roadies. So a 1-1 result and one helluva gig. But now I must go catch one implifier imp or we're short an implifier at the next gig when we play at the short and drunk ones. Shite.

Friendly and surprisingly non-violent affair. I ground out a 1-0 TD with a bit of a help from Hakos' unlucky throwing dice. Hakos answered with a traditional high-elf throwing TD which left me 4 turns to score. Slow lineorc caught the ball as block dice were working, I got a chance to score with a pass. Two succesful agility rolls in a row was however too much, so 1-1. As I said, nice and friendly game. Good luck with rest of the games, Hakos! Oh, and kudos for the new Legends article, didn't remember to say anything during the match.

hakos

Great road trip stories I have to say, and good match report as well. Yes, it was that little that happened.

Despite the 1-1 result I feel like a winner. Check out those blocks and injuries number and you will see why.

/Hakos

tags

Quote from: kvasilad on June 18, 2015, 10:08:49 AM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on June 18, 2015, 09:53:15 AM

/Gnaar

No worries :)

I'll have a pretty good idea earlier on Sunday when we *start* the 3-ish hours drive home, I'll try to post before that.

Tentatively good news on this one, appears we'll be heading home earlier on Sunday, although exact time is still a bit of an unknown. But will you be able to start, say, 2000 instead?

equilibri

Quote from: hakos on June 19, 2015, 11:30:23 AM
Quote from: equilibri on June 18, 2015, 09:15:49 PM

Ahh, that was sad news. He was shaping up so well. Poor Chuck.

To see how great a player the rat team lost (53 spp, ouch), feel free to red the 'legends' summary of day 3-6, posted on match day 6.

/hakos

Yeah, it was really a loss that hurt the team... This is maybe one of the only rules about the Apo that I sometimes think is a bit toooo unfair... A dead player use the apo and still die...
Maybe a tweak that if u Apo a dead player then the new result can't be dead again... The odds are low as hell, but there is a chance and it's such a slap in the face when it happens!

But I guess that's the way it is with this not so forgiving game...

muller71

Quote from: Barmution on June 19, 2015, 08:05:11 AM
Hey Müller!

Do you fancy playing late Sunday (2100 CEST), it's about the only time before next week that I can play.

-Barmution

Sunday starting at 21 works for me. See you then.

Barmution

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: kvasilad on June 19, 2015, 07:42:46 PM
Tentatively good news on this one, appears we'll be heading home earlier on Sunday, although exact time is still a bit of an unknown. But will you be able to start, say, 2000 instead?

Yes, Kvasi. That would be great for me.
Ill check the forums tomorrow.. ehrm, today? ;D

/Gnaar