S19 - Match Day 6

Started by J-Reedy, April 18, 2015, 07:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

equilibri

So, that was what happened... J-Reedy will tell more tomorrow...

Thanx for the game and for not killing Edmund in the last turns! :D

The Golden Arrow

Muller, when can you play?

I can play anytime tomorrow. Otherwise, next week is a little sketchy, but wednesday night should work at least.

Barmution

Tight match that came down to a bit of a chess battle in the end. The Elves of FC Excelsior were a bit unlucky in the first half but managed to rally in the second after making a fantastic 1-1 equalizing long bomb and then playing a close to water tight defense for the rest of the half. Only some fairly generous dice allowed the Boots to put in the winner in turn 16.

Thanks for a great match, Hakos. Had to really shift the noggin into gear for this one.
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

It was a good game.

And quite friendly, only sandalf managed to create one casualty. But that was quite an achievement since he only got to play 3 turns in total. He was kicked unconcious twice. Unfortunately the judge had a keen eye and sent off both my kickers. The boots showed a better mastery of this subtle art. Only one sent off players in 4 attempts, and it was a player known for his dirty tricks, so I guess the judge had a special eye towards him.

Thanks for the game.

/hakos

Gnaarkill

Hey Lasseman!

Im sorry for the late reply here at match day 6, have been on a mini vacation, but didnt see any post from you either so i guess its cool ;D

Let us see if thick skull or bone head is the winning concept shall we? :D

My ok starting times are as follow:
Monday: 21-22
Tuesday: 20-22
Wednesday: 21-22
Thursday: 21-22
Friday: 20-22
Saturday: No go
Sunday: Not sure about the times yet

Let me know if any of these times suit you.

/Gnaar

muller71

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on June 06, 2015, 04:22:55 PM

I can play anytime tomorrow. Otherwise, next week is a little sketchy, but wednesday night should work at least.

I can play tonight starting at 20.

J-Reedy

Diary of a roadie

Definitely the most fecalicious day ever. This should've been an easy gig in this stinking Skaven cheese factory city but it seems nothing ever goes smoothly for us here. The last time we were here, the gig went smooth as a bald man in a shoe shining machine. There were many peculiarities though, I remember wondering why our set list was only half of the normal length and why we had hired local extra muscle some of which had fire-fighting equipment with them. Asked Sarge about it he told me that Skaveneettes are fast as lightning and as frenzied as rabid rats but they lack the endurance so we wouldn't need to go through the full set list. And the reason for the extra muscle was that Sarge thought our guys were too slow to catch those teennettes that had a hankering to rush the stage so we needed some fast local muscle. And the fire-fighting, never have seen so many teen fans so fire up – literally. Sarge explained that talent's da'pop just gets those Skaven girls so excited that they start rushing around lightning fast and all that friction with soft fur rubbing against another is just an invitation for spontaneous combustion. Don't know how Sarge has gotten so smart, that's doesn't seem to be very common with these orc guys. And you wouldn't believe it about that guy, I mean Sarge has muscles over muscles and I've seen him go head to head against our bodyguard muscle without flinching.

But as I said, gig went smoothly, couple skavenettes of course got to the stage through our own muscle but local muscle caught up with them quick. And then there was that moment during Shake, Rat and Roll when it seemed that the whole place would go up in flames with all fiery shaking going on in the crow but those fire-fighter Skaven saved the day. Also, we had Miss Cheeselle scheduled as the last song, but Sarge had the sense to cut the gig just as the talent was going to start it. Don't know what would've happened if he hadn't done that, I mean those Skavenettes looked both exhausted and frenzied that I'm guessing half of them would have combusted and the other half died of strokes. But everything worked out well. Too bad that the things didn't go as smoothly during the post-gig Blood Bowl match.

Yeah, I remember smelling trouble when we took the field. Well, actually I smelled all kinds of stinky cheese as the match was played on a field that was next to what looked like at least a dozen cheese factories. Okay, to be really honest, it smelled like a wet, sweaty and panting dog who has been rolling around in troll dung and eaten bunch of that stuff. Half of our guys threw up the moment they got out of the dressing rooms but those Skaven just seemed to get more excited. And that was also the first time that Joko Ono took the field. She's been nothing but trouble for the band but what can you do when one of the talent insist on her taking part of every band activity. Okay, that time she was ok, she got that one casualty and only stood still looking stupid couple of times. Yeah, I guess she played just as well as rest of the band. I mean we missed half of our blocks and those Skaven speed trains seemed to be able to dodge at will through our guys. Lost the match but didn't really feel so bad about it after such a good gig.

And then we get to this day... Everything started out so well. I was wondering as we had only a quarter of a set list planned but Sarge was of course on top of it. He had talent come out with each of them holding basket of cheese pieces and with instructions to toss the cheese pieces to crowd AFTER kissing each of the pieces. Devil of a plan that was, I swear that my keen sense of movement saw the roof nudge every time from those 'louder than trollish thunder god in a crowded pot and kettle shop' screams and shrieks that those Skaveneettes let out every time one of those cheese pieces hit the crow. And naturally there was brawling for the pieces and good bunch of the weaker teens got knocked out. And then talent opened the set. With Miss Cheeselle. I know it's the cheesiest of all soft'n'cheesy softie ballads there is but boy did it hit that crowd as hard as a half troll-ogren smith's iron hammer strikes an anvil. Didn't even need my keen sense of movement to realize that the whole place started shaking from the force of those screams and those tiny Skaveneettes rushing around and getting their fur caught on fire. And boy, Sarge must've been in a hurry to get the gig over soon, because after Cheeselle the talent started... Sour Milk Cheese-Sea. By the time the song was over half of the crowd had fainted or was carried out with their fur smoking. But hey, everyone of those knocked out girls was smiling as hard as a vampire in a convention of fair-skinned and blue-veined maidens.

Yep, didn't take but a few more songs and the crowd was as satisfied and tired as a bee after a visit to flower shop. And then it was time for the Blood Bowl match. Started out bad for us, those cheese factory guys scored a fast one on us and hurt Hairyson badly and knocked out Joko while doing that. But Sarge was looking cool as deep-frozen cucumber all the time during that first drive and told everybody that it was going to be OK and they should just give him cover as he was going to walk into the goal zone. And then he did that, picked up the ball, told couple of our guard-worthiest muscles to follow him and proceeded to the end zone with leisurely pace with none of the Skavens getting even a whiff of him. Meanwhile rest of the guys went to work looking much more efficient than during the first drive. I may have to take part of credit for that. You see, we had our guys wear big cotton stuffings in their nostrils so that they wouldn't be disturbed by those smells again. That seemed to help but I also noticed that our muscle was starting to turn blue in the face during the first drive so after the score I told them that they should breathe through their mouth. It took some time to explain the concept to Da Word and Teddy Boy, but they finally got it. And when those guys get it, they really get it going. It was knock out after knock out with B'Maul adding some casualties to the score.

There were actually only seven Skaven left on the field when the second half started so everything seemed to be smooth-sailing for us, especially when Sarge got the ball up again and those Skaven were being carried off the field one per turn, some KO'd, some hurt. And then the scheissiest of all the shitty things happened. That Charlie Cheddar guy, the one with those claws, blitzed Moonlight and... killed him... I mean the kid just dropped like a hot meat sausage from the hands of heat sensitive vegetarian. Our doc took one look of him and said there was nothing he could do. I know he was just a roadie and rookie and so badly mawled'n'clawed that even his mother wouldn't have recognized him, but at least the doc could've tried. Well, at least Piggies knew the roadie code, our muscle took Cheddar down and Piggies went after him roadie style. Meaning he kicked him right in the balls when he was prone as a baby. Ref ejected Piggies of course. It's not that he saw Piggies kick the Skaven first time, I mean most of the refs out there are blind as bats as it's a prerequisite for getting into ref training. But he finally caught that twentieth kick probably because Piggies was screaming and yelling obscenities. That's what roadie rage does to you. Well, we of course won the match, when Sarge walked into the goal, only the Skaven star runner was left on the field and he was in the opposite corner at our end. So, should've been a happy day for us with another triple-A gig and a win but it's never good when you lose one of your own. Well, at least that Blood Bowl panel had the sense to give the MVP award to Moongligh. He deserved it, he would've made hell of a roadie.

Yeah, next stop is that high-elf place. Should be interesting, I mean it's rare an occurrence when you get to see high'n'mighty elfettes and elfteennets lose their cool. But our guys are fab and there's four of them, so that they'll surely do.

--------------------

Well, the match started off bad as Equi-man managed to get one of my blitzers SI'd BH and KO my troll with his claw+MB+Piling oner and then scored the go-ahead with ease. But then the KOs and injuries started racking up and as Skaven had no answer for my +ST thrower, I had no trouble equalizing. Bad KO recovery rolls left 3 rats in the dugout and second half's first drive started 11 against 7 and ended with 9 against 1. Lost a lineorc in the process but as he was rookie, didn't bother using apo on him, so he was naturally awarded the MVP. Skavens managed to get only 3 guys on the field for the one remaining turn so there was no chance of one-turner. Thanks again for the game, Equilibri, and good luck in the rest!

Lars

Quote from: Gnaarkill on June 07, 2015, 01:49:16 PM
Hey Lasseman!

Im sorry for the late reply here at match day 6, have been on a mini vacation, but didnt see any post from you either so i guess its cool ;D

Let us see if thick skull or bone head is the winning concept shall we? :D

My ok starting times are as follow:
Monday: 21-22
Tuesday: 20-22
Wednesday: 21-22
Thursday: 21-22
Friday: 20-22
Saturday: No go
Sunday: Not sure about the times yet

Let me know if any of these times suit you.

/Gnaar

Lets go for Monday at 21
/Lars

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Lars on June 07, 2015, 07:37:58 PM
Lets go for Monday at 21
/Lars

Cool!
See you tomorrow m8!

/Gnaar

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: muller71 on June 07, 2015, 02:42:50 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on June 06, 2015, 04:22:55 PM

I can play tonight starting at 20.

Didn't see this in time sadly. How is Wednesday looking for you? What other times would suit if that's not possible?

Lars

Match between Bone Head and Thick skull has been played

Was a quite even match even thou the dice trolled the C-dwarfs and the ogres managed to hurt a lot. But the supperior speed of the bullcentaur and the rain helpt the dwarfs to scroe a winning goal in the end.

thanks for a nice match

/Lars

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Lars on June 08, 2015, 10:40:59 PM
Was a quite even match even thou the dice trolled the C-dwarfs and the ogres managed to hurt a lot. But the supperior speed of the bullcentaur and the rain helpt the dwarfs to scroe a winning goal in the end.

thanks for a nice match

/Lars

And thank you Lasse!
I had great fun. My block dices was awsome for once!
The OKWF had a real hard time in the rain. The fumbling snotlings gave Jummy Sounds an opportunity late in the second half which Coach Lasse took good care of resulting in the match only TD.

/Gnaar

tags

Did not notice I was actually sweating until I wiped my brow after that final blitz. That was a tense match.

It started out with Nuffle giving me some extra wind in my sails, granting me the first receiving drive and a quick snap to boot. Everything went smoothly for about 1.75 turns, where my sure-footed skink failed GFI with snake-eyes in the end zone with the ball (I think it says a lot about human psychology that I strongly feel GFI's fail more often in opponents' end zones despite all rational thinking indicating otherwise).

Since I was pretty (over-)confident about making the 35/36 roll, the rest of the team was in a sorry state. That is, mostly hypnotized. It was an easy recovery for the vamps, and I felt pretty sure this was going to be one against fairly soon. Through some pretty horrid dice for the vamps though, the lizzies managed to recover and score.

3 turns left in first half is plenty of time for vampires, though, and although a daring scheme to blitz with the kroxigor came within a gfi of sabotaging it, the drive was successful in equalizing to 1-1.

The second half was a back-and-forth tense battle which the phins absurdly managed to steal and come away with the winning TD in turn 16.

Whole match really felt random, as my D6 were horrible (-15, couldn't dodge for shit), but my 2d6 and block dice were stellar (+15 armour break), which really made the difference in the second half. Felt like I easily could've lost the match 2-0 if it weren't for a couple of strong rolls at crucial points.

Anyway, thanks for the match B! Really shouldn't make'em this exciting this late, as there's no way I'll be able to sleep for about an hour now :D

tags

So... what's up with the last match, golden and muller? It's been over a week since MD start now.

The Golden Arrow

Don't know, haven't gotten a reply from Müller since Sunday. I realise that this is probably stressful times for most of us though so I don't blame him.