S19 - Match Day 4

Started by J-Reedy, April 18, 2015, 07:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Arrow

OK, I'll get back to you about next week but one of those times should work :)

Lars

Quote from: J-Reedy on May 21, 2015, 10:32:41 AM
Okey-dokey, Lars. I'm pretty busy for next days with a work project but things should clear up next week. But here are my OK starting times (CEST) for now:
- Sunday 11-16
- Tuesday 18-21

Let me know if either or those suits you, sir. I'll probably get more info about rest of the next week sometime during weekend. If you know about your free time on next Wednesday/Thursday, suggest a time and I'l try to find time for that.

We can try Sunday hopfully I am back @ 16 if there is no unforseen  happenings in the traffic.

/Lars

Gnaarkill

Hi muller!

Ready for beer, wrestling and bloodbowl? ;D

My ok starting times are as follow:
Today: 21-late
Saturday: No go
Sunday: 19-22
Monday: 21-22
Tuesday: 20-22
Wednesday: 21-22

That is what i know works right now. If you have any other suggestions just tell me, maybe I can make other times work aswell.

/Gnaar

J-Reedy

Quote from: Lars on May 22, 2015, 09:35:55 AM

We can try Sunday hopfully I am back @ 16 if there is no unforseen  happenings in the traffic.

/Lars

All right, I'll be around @16 and I can wait till about 17 in case there's any traffic probs, do no hurry.

hakos

Quote from: hakos on May 21, 2015, 08:25:06 PM
Yes, monday 25th, 18 cest, is booked /hakos

Hi, I have realized that I can play at 18 but that it would be much better for me to start at 19 instead. Would that be possible? /Hakos

muller71

Quote from: Gnaarkill on May 22, 2015, 10:18:12 AM
Hi muller!

Ready for beer, wrestling and bloodbowl? ;D

My ok starting times are as follow:
Today: 21-late
Saturday: No go
Sunday: 19-22
Monday: 21-22
Tuesday: 20-22
Wednesday: 21-22

That is what i know works right now. If you have any other suggestions just tell me, maybe I can make other times work aswell.

/Gnaar

Sunday starting at 20cest works for me.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: muller71 on May 24, 2015, 02:28:18 PM

Hey muller m8!

Sorry, today just went no go :(
Sorry for that, does any of the other times suit you. And as i said before, im open for suggestions aswell ;D

/Gnaar

J-Reedy

Diary of a roadie

What a feces of a day today. We had a gig at the chaos dwarfs and that always spells trouble. Even the pure chaos cities are bad, its just so... chaotic. But these dwarfs take the chaos to new level. Remember the last time we were here, I went to the store to get some roadie tape and came out with a bucket full of road tar and a cuckoo clock that ticked backwards and a dragon looking that came out at midnight screaming curses and spitting out acid and fire at midnight. And then there's all the centaur and minotaur dung on the streets 'cause those hobgoblins that are supposed to clean the streets are more interested in pickpocketing visitors and just lazying around. That's just the reason why I have mouse traps on pockets every time I visit these kinds of places. But I have to say that there is some order even in this place, I've never seen so many beard grooming and curling shops and so many different kinds of beards with millions of different kinds of bells and whistles – and I do mean literal bells and whistles that those little buggers tie to end of their curled beards. And of course those hats shops... Must be some kind of complex, some of those hats they're selling are taller than the guys wearing them.

Talent had a helluva gig last time we were here. And they even played good Blood Bowl match also although I think that was because of the spectacular gig. The team we played against was some kind of local band assembly that had all kinds of weird folk that think themselves musicians and they had also negotiated a deal that they got to warm up the crowd before the talent's gig. And that they did, I must confess. Never have seen dwarfettes – at least I think they were female, I mean you can never tell 'bout dwarfs but at least they screamed like women, but to come to think of it, that doesn't gurantee anything, I mean I once toured with that Mikey Jacks guy who could scream really high, but I think those dwarfs were dwarfettes cause most of them had pink ribbons on their beards – and also hobgoblinettes get so angry and violent when they realized that they weren't going to see the Fab guys but some local guys. Luckily our talent decided to come out early before the crowd could rush the stage and put a hurt on those unfortunate would be musicians. Well, one of those Jummy Sounds guys – that's what they call themselves – that big minotaur guy, Parsley or something, the one with the cone like hairdo, got so angry because of that that all he did during the Blood Bowl match was just stand around and scream and roar. Or that's what I thought, I bumped into the guy on the corridor during the halftime and he was the nicest guy that can be, offered to buy a me a new buggy and hamburger and asked what I thought about his singing during the match... No wonder talent hit it so big here if that's what they call music here.

Well, that gave me an idea. I told our talent and muscle that every time one of those dwarfs guys would scream and yell at them, they should try to look like real amazed and awed and say things like "That sounds awesome" or "Way to hit the high notes, dude!". And then bonk them in the head. And boy did that work, just as I suspected those dwarfs were just trying to impress our talent with their "singing" and everytime our guys would compliment them, they would raise their head surprised and go like "Really?!". And get smacked straight into the face. Clear sailing from then on. Just like the gig was today, talent did a bit of a routine performance but with these guys, even routine is enough to knock down at least a dozen teenettes with every wink. So our muscle still had work to do but nothing they couldn't handle. Just one big minotaureennette but luckily she was after Lennyn so muscle got some help from Joko Ono.

Well, the gig went well but the BB match was a bit more hairy this time. Those guys were clearly well prepared and they had even hired this Halfling guy who was cooking up the most delicious soups and bake stuff and fanning their flavors to our bench. I knew that the article in last month's Girly Teen Creatures Monthly magazine would come to haunt us. You see, our talent told in their interview for that rag-mag all the stuff they liked. That always spells trouble 'cause fans start sending that stuff like crazy and we get flooded with pinky fluffy troll dolls or something crazy like that. Well, this time Hairyson had mentioned, I quote: "our bodyguards really like strawberry cake with blood filling so we try to get them some everytime we visit different places because we're fab like that". Well, guess what the Halfling was baking? Yeah. There was no keeping our muscle in check as they were looking to the opposite dugout with their necks long out. So those Jummy Sounds guys managed to bunch up our offence and we just kept struggling at the midfield until the last minutes when Lennyn finally found an opening and ran to their end. One of those centaurs still caught up with him put luckily he only managed to push Joinz and then B'Maul got there and it was a clear lane to the goal.

Second half was a bit easier. That foolish Halfling had used his own blood while baking the strawberry blood cake so he was a bit tired and our guys weren't so distracted this time. Also Sarge slammed the kick off right to the corner so Jummies had a long way to go. They got close to breaking through but then the ball-carrying centaur fell down while trying to go too fast and then it was a muscle-fuzzle for the ball from then on with each side getting the ball out and then loosing it. It finally ended when that clumsy centaur didn't manage to get the ball from a handoff at the final moments with Da Word guarding him. Well, it was a decent gig and a decent result from the match. I'm guessing next week will be bit different with us traveling to that strange dark elf city built on a giant disc.

Basic bashy match with lots of armor breaks against 9-armor players on both teams but those gave out nothing but stuns and a couple of KOs. Lars played nice defence on first half and it took me until second to last turn to get an opening and even then I had to take a blitz from centaur to score. Orcs managed to hurt couple of hobgobbos which gave me man advantage for second half. Deep kick caused the c-dorfs to get split and I got pressure on ball-carrier. Double-1 on gfi caused the centaur to lose the ball but a dwarf got it. The result was a four turn wrestling match at the mid-field where ball changed owner three times and ended up lying on the field when the ref blew the whistle. Nice game from Lars, thanks again for the game and good luck in the rest!

tags

Quote from: hakos on May 24, 2015, 09:40:02 AM

Hi, I have realized that I can play at 18 but that it would be much better for me to start at 19 instead. Would that be possible? /Hakos

19 is fine

equilibri

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on May 22, 2015, 08:26:30 AM
OK, I'll get back to you about next week but one of those times should work :)

It seems I got another game 20:00 on wednesday, so it would be nice if we can play thursday instead.
Do you think that will work?

muller71

Quote from: Gnaarkill on May 24, 2015, 05:23:44 PM
Quote from: muller71 on May 24, 2015, 02:28:18 PM

Hey muller m8!

Sorry, today just went no go :(
Sorry for that, does any of the other times suit you. And as i said before, im open for suggestions aswell ;D

/Gnaar

Ok. Monday starting at 21?

Gnaarkill

Quote from: muller71 on May 25, 2015, 06:25:00 AM
Ok. Monday starting at 21?

Yes, that will be perfect!

See you tonight m8! ;D

/Gnaar

Lars

Thanks for the match J-Reedy was a bit though for me missing my best player and all but think i held it to getter pretty well dispite that.
You played soild ias allways. and the only bad injurie was on a hobgoblin and thats what they are there for.

/Lars

tags

Quote from: kvasilad on May 24, 2015, 06:05:36 PM
Quote from: hakos on May 24, 2015, 09:40:02 AM

19 is fine

Forgot the time, logging in now!

Mr B

Quote from: Barmution on May 21, 2015, 02:34:38 PM
Quote from: Mr B on May 21, 2015, 02:12:09 PM
;D
Sorry.. tonight is already booked.
Sunday is book and Saturday..
I'm not sure my fangtastic wife appreciate a game on Friday...
/B
Why not actually propose something yourself if you're that busy?

I'm basically ready any time on Monday due to it being a national holiday, can you play then?

-Barm
It's not time yet.. 3 more minutes to go.. but we are on right?