S19 - Match Day 4

Started by J-Reedy, April 18, 2015, 07:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Holy crap. So many twists and turns.

I was sure I would win, then I was sure I would lose, repeat that a couple more times, and you have the rollercoaster ride that Nuffle provided us with this matchday.

Hakos won the toss, and let me receive first. Probably a good choice, to defend with all elves on field first. Seemed like an easy score for a skink, until the sure-feeted guy snake-eyed a gfi into the end-zone. Sigh. Well, with lizards still at 11, the control of the field was sufficient to score already the next turn. 1-0 lizards.

Elves got the ball, broke through on the flank, and all efforts to stop them proved futile. Easy equaliser for the elves, making it 1-1.

With still 3 turns to go in the first half, there was still plenty of opportunity, and lizards managed to up the score to 2-1.

Hakos gets the ball in the last turn of the first half, and I set up defence against a one-turner. Hakos sets up an offence that's not really trying to score. And then, there's a riot, and suddenly there are two turns left in it. Hakos knocks a path through, and through some tremendous brainfarting, I did not managed to knock out the one guy that could actually score. A well-deserved 2-2, although it had more to do with my laughable idiocy than Hakos' brilliant planning that particular turn.

Half-time at 2-2, and the lizards have failed to reduce the elves' numbers in any meaningful way. There's still plenty of match to play. It should be noted that Eldril Sidewinder had been playing for the elves, but spent the first 3.5 drives enjoying the company of the busty bloodweiser babes far more than he should, and failed to show up for the actual game most of it. He was back for the second half, though.

Excelsior get the ball, and again mount a solid offence the Phins seemed powerless to stop, upping to 3-2. Not very eventful, all things told.

Phins scored again in the next drive, making it 3-3 and all to play for.

The last drive, 3 turns to go, and it's Hakos' ball. The lizards get a pretty good defensive scheme going, until the 2d blitz for the block/tackle saurus results in a double skull re-roll double skull. At this point, I pretty muh gave up. Then, Hakos' accurate, safe-throwing passer failed to deliver an accurate pass, and after not being caught, it bounced beautifully the maximal length away from any elves.

My +ag skink managed to pick it up and pass it to a skink closer to the end zone, and after solidifying an improvised cage around him, there was no stopping him. In the last of many unexpected twists, The Phin Phighters stole this match 4-3.

Thanks for the game Hakos, it truly came down to Nuffle in the end.

Mr B

Muller?
How did the game go man, it says 1-0 to your team..
Nothing reported either in BBM or here.. waz up?

Barmution

After the Vamps KO'ed my killer on their first blitz I thought I was in for a rough ride but soon enough the dice turned in my favor, allowing me to remove a vamp who promptly failed to regen after getting apoed from -MV to MNG after putting a boot in their killer. After that the Dark Souls had a couple of brilliant turns where they failed nothing at all but then Nuffle proceeded to give mr. B the full fist treatment, snake eye dodging a Blodge vamp to -ST and promptly failing regen. The vamps managed to score after some frankly amazingly played turns by B but I eventually managed the equalizer with some pretty snazzy d6.

Start of the 2nd half the Dark Souls were down to 2 vampires and it did not get better as my injury dice were on fire and pitch removal was ridiculous. Thralls took a heavy beating with perms being delivered willy nilly, usually by players with no damage skills (who were making up for Sandalf's slow day) and eventually I got in the winning TD in spite of some inspired plays by B.

Thanks for the match and sorry about the damage, B. You truly got a season's worth of cas in one match.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: equilibri on May 25, 2015, 12:41:16 AM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on May 22, 2015, 08:26:30 AM
OK, I'll get back to you about next week but one of those times should work :)

It seems I got another game 20:00 on wednesday, so it would be nice if we can play thursday instead.
Do you think that will work?

Yeah that would most likely work just fine.

equilibri

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on May 25, 2015, 11:31:18 PM

It seems I got another game 20:00 on wednesday, so it would be nice if we can play thursday instead.

Nice! Shall we say 19:30?

Mr B

Np Barm.. I had this coming.
Thinking of my game vs the cheesy Rats last season.
But it is a strange thing.
It's usually Humans or W/P-elfs that hurt the vampires the most.
But who shall complain ehh.. I did get 2 BH out of 6.
And one mng.. 4 perms in one game.. two -st..
But I had the money.. most are already replaced.

Cheers.. and thanks Muller for the info.
Validate it when I get home... unless it is already handled by then.

/B

J-Reedy

Quote from: Mr B on May 26, 2015, 08:58:35 AM

Cheers.. and thanks Muller for the info.
Validate it when I get home... unless it is already handled by then.

/B

Match validated and I also added the admined match to BBM. Doesn't show in the stats yet but I guess it takes a time.

Also, big thanks to Hakos for the latest Legends article. Made me chuckle many a times!

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: equilibri on May 25, 2015, 11:35:03 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on May 25, 2015, 11:31:18 PM

Nice! Shall we say 19:30?

Alright, let's go with that.

tags

What happened with the final game? No report? No BB Manager entry?

The Golden Arrow

It's played, I won 2-1. Didn't have time to add it to BBM. It was a rather fun game where I got an early numbers advantage forcing Eq to do some crazy plays that sometimes succeeded but not often enough. I managed to grind the second half out 2-1 with the ball loosing for parts of the half. Then Eq tried for a one turner but his rat ogre decided that it was a good idea to fail his wild animal roll making it impossible for him.

Thanks for the game, it was fun :)

Also my apo saved another death today. That guy does make good on his salary :D