S19 - Match Day 2

Started by J-Reedy, April 18, 2015, 07:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Diary of a roadie

What a shitefilled day today. Talent had a gig at the bootmakers so they naturally sent me out to get them new footwear. Bunch of them wanted new lizard hide boots as they more than enough of material for those things. I mean it took me most of a day to scrape all those scales and pieces of lizzie skin off the guys fisticuffs and shoulder spikes after our last gig at the lizzies. So I spent most of the morning looking for shoemakers that have a wide and dumb shoe lines for sale. The muscle weren't feeling so bright, they still remember how we lost Rocky the last time we were here. Being bit of boneheads they of course didn't remember who had killed him, so I had to remind them it was that Sandalf guy. Gave me a blank stare when I said the name, should've remembered those black orc guys aren't so good with names. So I told them to hit hard on the guy who plays with his toes out and hangs around with small fat guys with hairy feets while at the dugout. Also told them to keep an eye out for those teen girls during the gig. These shoemaker girls are wild, nancies they're called in the local slang. They sure seem to think their boots are made for walking, and all they want to do is walk all over you. But I gots to admit they do keep their boots and hair shiny, must be why Shine'n'puff Shoeshine and Boat Tar has so many stores in here, they must be selling their shoeshine and hair gleam like crazy in here. Local seller also told me that they don't even bother to change the production lines, they just change the labels at some point and keep spurting same stuff into their bottles.

I also went out and bought bunch of heavy duty linen detergent. The last time we were here I spent a whole week trying to get shoeshine off Hairyson's sheets. Of course, I can't be sure that we'll have that trouble now with Hairyson's half-brother replacing the old horny one. Gorey doesn't have horns like Gory, but that might play into his advantage as he's just as pleasing to the eye as his brother was. Ringem has been wary all week, he still remembers how those nancies broke his ribs when he got pushed into the stands during the game. But I still think he enjoyed that, I mean he usually doesn't get that much attention from the teenettes with Lennyn, McCargnagey and especially Hairyson hogging all their attention. Just look at the last time we we're here. Nancies rushed the field at kick-off and ran all over Ringem and two bodyguards to get to those three guys.

Those New Boots guy the talent are playing against with the muscle and other crew really seem like a mean bunch. I've heard that they have a nasty habit of giving the old BtB to everybody who goes down and bribing small kids to yell to the ref that they didn't see any booting to ballsacks. Refs being what they are, they usually believe the kids. Well, at least our muscle should give them some trouble. And Joko of course, that trollette has been nasty lately, gets angry when guys don't take her suggestions seriously. Can't blame the guys, those ideas are just bonkers. I mean last time she suggested that the band should play the gig lying in a giant bed with nothing but the white sheets on. So I hoped she'd take those frustrations out on the boot guys.

Didn't happen of course but at least she kept some of the boot players occupied. I think I was actually more useful than she during the game. You see, right at the start of the match the booters had Da Word down and I saw one of their guys running towards our guy with a foul in his eyes. I also had spied earlier that there was this small kid in the stands who kept moving along with the ref. So I sprinted to the kid and just as I suspected, the moment that the horned boot hit Da Word's jingles and ref started to raise his whistle, the kid opened up his mouth... and I jammed a coldrat burger into his gaping jaw. Kept him quiet and ref didn't hesitate, that fouling booter was tossed out. That with an injury Da Word had scored earlier meant that we had an early two player lead. So talent just walked down the field leisurely and Ringem scored at just before half time. We lost McCargnagey to an injury, that damned Sandalf fellow again, but luckily he didn't hit B'Maul's hand so he was able to play in the half time show.
Bootmen got a kickoff before the halftime and they set up a one run and gun'em offence. However, ref noticed the gun, so they had to settle for the pass'n'fast-run play. So when they started blocking the backup drummer Pete, everybody was yelling to him to fall down so that the booties wouldn't get the scoring chance. Little guy didn't get it the first time, but then I grabbed that big funnel that other roadies use to feed Joko and yelled into it. That Pete heard and down he went.

The second half was a clustersnootch of a half. Everybody on our side was running around with no plan in mind but somehow we were kept in the game. Teddy Boy and Lennyn got some of the booties injured and couple were knocked out. Our saving grace was that those boots guys had their dancing shoes on and hands greased with shoeshine so they kept falling down and failing to pick up the ball. We finally got the ball out of them just to loose it again. But then we got the ball back with luck and then just stalled for time. Not a proud moment for our talent but hey, their talent is in playing da'pop, not playing Blood Bowl. And boy did they play some of the best da'pop out there today. Sarge had the set planned out good, they started with the Old Brown Boot and finished with The Foot on the Hill. Those nancies were screaming like never before.

-----------------

First turn injury + ejection against the New Boots gave me an easy score. Barmution got a chance for 1 turner as I nicely provided him an esthetically organized line to pushback. 1 turner didn't happen though, as gobbo decided to go down instead being pushback. Second half was a series of screwups from my side, I was just playing too fast and noticed my errors just as I had clicked. However, Nuffle had it in for Barmution which resulted in a a failed pass from a passer and two failed dodges from dodgers. Those kept me in game and I managed to stall for an undeserved 1-0 win. Thanks again for the game Barmution, better luck in rest of the games.

Barmution

This was definitely one of the bad ones for the Boots. At least we kept it down to a 0-1 with no significant injuries but other than that Nuffle REALLY did not want us to score this morning. One of those matches you get to experience the lack of any plan B that comes with playing Humans. Ag3 agility-based plays and av8, St3 bash-based plays... ugh. Thanks for the match and good luck further on.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

awesome diary yet again, keep 'em coming

/hakos

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on April 26, 2015, 02:11:03 PM
awesome diary yet again, keep 'em coming

/hakos

Thanks. The probability for these coming is high, as I have the beginning already written for every team. You see, I wrote a draft for a season recap of last season but was too busy to finish and post it, so I decided to use it as a basis for match reports for this season. So now I just have to make some minor edits and try to get game stuff in there somehow.

Mr B

Ok Guys..

We had a nice game me and Muller..

Dwarfs started.. lost the ball on a GFI.. and with some pushing Vamps could get the ball and score 1-0.
And so ended first half.

Both Apo Gone.
Dwarfs Apo saved a dmg.
Vamps Apo did not, -move on my Block Tackle Thrall.
And then I got a mng I think.

Not to bad as I hade Babes and 5 ko'd thralls 4 returned to 2nd half.
Full team on both sides...

Kick of.. riot.. one less turn.. fine by me.
Vamps first blitz = nothing.
Dwarfs = koed my Block/Tackle/MB vamp.

And there was a good chance after a blitz with a vamp in mid.. to break through and go (my) right, as there were no dwarfs there anymore.
Depending on the blitz a runner could go done.. Blodge one so probably not.. Mine vamp also had Blodge, no tackler in sight if succeeded.. meaning close to 2-0 turns after.. IF.. I stay up etc..

My ball handler got BL, crap.. did not use the RR, one GFI for a hand off to my blitzer/scorer/winner.. I could not.. I was forced to Pass... strange..
GFI went ok, Pass went ok, catch went ok.. (I did actually not see a catch roll and I do not think I got a spp either.). So phew.. RR left for BL failing blitz.. if those passed I could risk a GFI or TWO.. meaning big trouble for the shortlegs.
So, I made my blitz... but the vamp did not move.. Hmm
I moved a thrall.. but as soon as my mouse pointer left the thrall to a moving square.. it changed to a STOP sign...
I could block.. according to the mouse pointer.. but I never made one..
All Gaze skills on the vamps was grayed out.. I could actually not move a single figure after that strange pass, no action was allowed.

So I asked Muller to just do his move.. it looked bad.. and it went worse.. two thralls left the field.
Ball keeper now had pressure from all directions almost...

(I also had the End Turn square in Mullers turn... I never pushed it)
In my turn I gave some thought what to do.. mostly single dices.. I tried one.. nothing happened...  
Hmm, moved a vamp.. same again.. and now I notices my End Turn square was not seen.. neither was the Menu selection..
Again I could not move.. no one could.
So we said to quite the game.. check what you guys think.

I though is to start a new game.. playing 1nd half more or less end turn.. I can score with the dude who scored originally..
Then take up 2nd half.. not allowed to use apo.. and I must not use the two who was damaged.. neither in this or next game (MNG at least).

Entire new game.. feels strange.. but sure.. I would understand it.. but we played one half already.
This will heal one of my players sure.. not sure how we can fix that.. could kick him but normally he would have stayed with those skills even with move 5.

Alright.. what do you guys think..
Thoughts?

equilibri

Well, MrB, I think (if it is not tooo much trouble) u could try to play the game following your first scenario. (just "ending" first half and so on...)
Still it is damn sad that the game ruins it for you, though.

But, I think the "right" way to do it is to start a new game and not count the first one at all... Even if it feels more unfair...

J-Reedy

B & Muller, in my opinion, it's totally up to how you two want to play it.

Personally, I'd prefere a fresh game. If I recall correctly, we've had games before where the match has crashed in the middle of the game and a fresh game has been started. But on the other hand if you both think that there was a good chance for the 2-0 goahead TD and you think that the two MNGs have a big impact, I can see you wanting to go with admin result to guarantee fair play for B's next opponent.

To summarize: whichever you two find to be the best solution works for me.

Mr B

I removed the old game not to be accidentally validated.
Admin game is even worse.

Let's see.. Muller what say you?

tags

Quote from: equilibri on April 25, 2015, 10:16:09 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on April 25, 2015, 12:51:03 PM
Quote from: equilibri on April 22, 2015, 04:24:13 PM
Then I aim for saturday, but prepare for a delayed matchday!

Hi again, sorry, but I don't think I'm gonna make it tonight. I'm afraid I'm busy until Wednesday next week, but starting Wednesday I think I have all evenings free for a few days, how does your schedule next week look?

No problem! I work to much right now, so I had missed checking the forums... :D

Wednesday around 19:00 can work for me. How about that?
Thursday could work to.

Wednesday at 1900 seems to be perfect for me, let's book that!

Gnaarkill

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on April 23, 2015, 09:44:50 AM
Next week is a bit tight sadly due to silly student activities. I might be able to play Monday or Wednesday night, but don't know right now. Monday, I probably won't know until the same night, Wednesday sometime during the day. I will keep you updated but feel free to book other things as well.

The weekend looks pretty open for me btw.

Hey TGA!

A little update. Today is a no go for me. Wednesday looks clear for me though.
Also, the weekend is still ok, sunday would be great.

/Gnaar

The Golden Arrow

Sunday sounds perfect. I'd rather do that than try to force a Wednesday game. I can start whenever.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on April 27, 2015, 08:51:48 PM
Sunday sounds perfect. I'd rather do that than try to force a Wednesday game. I can start whenever.

Neat!

How about @12?

The Golden Arrow

Gnaarkill

Perfect!

See you then m8!

muller71

Quote from: Mr B on April 27, 2015, 08:59:28 AM
I removed the old game not to be accidentally validated.
Admin game is even worse.

Let's see.. Muller what say you?

Lets go for a second half.