S19 - Match Day 1

Started by J-Reedy, April 18, 2015, 07:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Okay folks, as there seems to be lots of enthusiasm for new season, let's kick off. Here are the first matches:

Play on!

J-Reedy

Alrighty, Kvasi-man, time to crank the volume up to 11 and try get that cooool lizard blood boiling and those scaly tails grooving to the tunes of the second ever Da Beatmores Norsca tour! Here are my OK starting times (CEST) for next few days:
- Sunday 13-18
- Tuesday 19-21
- Thursday 18-20

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. Wednesday evening might also be doable, I'll probly be seeing the new Avengers flick but there are some uncertainties about that.

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on April 18, 2015, 07:12:55 PM
Alrighty, Kvasi-man, time to crank the volume up to 11 and try get that cooool lizard blood boiling and those scaly tails grooving to the tunes of the second ever Da Beatmores Norsca tour! Here are my OK starting times (CEST) for next few days:
- Sunday 13-18
- Tuesday 19-21
- Thursday 18-20

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. Wednesday evening might also be doable, I'll probly be seeing the new Avengers flick but there are some uncertainties about that.

Tomorrow (Sunday) at 13 sounds perfect, let's get this off to an early start!

hakos

Hi Golden, looks like a nice elf vs elf affair in the first day. Looking forward to it.

I can play tomorrow (sunday) any time or next weekend, saturday any time, sunday afternoon or evening.

In the weekdays my playtimes are more limited but something might be possible to fix up if the weekends do not suit you.

/Hakos

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on April 18, 2015, 07:23:37 PM]

Tomorrow (Sunday) at 13 sounds perfect, let's get this off to an early start!

That's a date, mate. See you later today!

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: hakos on April 18, 2015, 08:43:46 PM
Hi Golden, looks like a nice elf vs elf affair in the first day. Looking forward to it.

I can play tomorrow (sunday) any time or next weekend, saturday any time, sunday afternoon or evening.

In the weekdays my playtimes are more limited but something might be possible to fix up if the weekends do not suit you.

/Hakos

Tonight should work fine. Kick off at 20?

hakos

ok, 20:00 tonight it is /hakos

hakos

That first half sure was a massacre, and plenty of fireworks as well. Very entertaining.

J-Reedy

And so has it begun:

DIARY OF THE ROADIE
Shite of a day today. Visited the scalies again, I still remember the last time we were here. Talent got their asses handed to them in the bowl match and they blamed it on amps being misplaced during the gig. Said that the lizzie players didn't get their ear drums punctured during the gig as Sarge had planned. Well they should try themselves trying to get those amplifying imps chained with them chopping away at your fingers. And if they wanted those ear drums punctured they should've gone with the harder stuff instead of all those da'pop ballads they kept churning out. Well, at least the gig was a success, never seen lizzies in such a fever and those little skinkettes almost ate up Ringem. Hell of an orc that guy, hitting on anything that's teen and moving. Must be that all that hitting on the drums, reflexy thing or something. Well, at least he just mostly just stuns those teenettes with his hits, nobody's injured yet, at least not seriously. Don't even want to imagine what Hairyson was doing with all those teenettes he kept inviting to his dressing room.

Well, got here early and we started setting up the gig stuff. I was just setting up Ringem's drums. This time I even remembered to change the skins on the drums, that was a close call last time when one of the sauruses in the crowd realized that Ringem was bashing his sticks on his dead ant. Luckily Maddy and Teddy were sharp and managed to knock the saurus out before he got to the stage. Ringem was of course giving me hell about changing of the skins, he really likes those lizzie-skins on his drums, says that the normal halfling hide gives out too much bass. Claims that the hides keep stretching 'cause they're used to doing so with those 'flings doubling their waste size during every meal. Luckily Pee Stain came about asking for me just as Ringem was getting up on my face. Hell of the manager that Pee Stain, he has the brightest ideas. This time he had gotten an idea of setting up fireworks before the gig, maybe even during the pre-gig match. So he came asking me 'cause he knows I'm the best roadie they have and I know everybody. I told him names of two local guys that could help, a little bugger that I met during Sitting Boulders tour. He was in charge of pyros on the tour. Good guy, kept those pie rows in really good order but he had a nasty stuff of sprinkling boom-stick powder on stuff and setting it on fire. The other guy is a wizard I met back during the Grape Fulla Deadskulls tour, those guys were into that all mystic stuff so they had this wizard with them who kept firing up all kinds of fire-stuff while the talent kept inhaling fairy powder. Thinking back, I maybe should've not told Pee Stain about both of those guys.

This time the talent played the BB match before the gig and not the other ways around as usual, some mishap with the contract Pee Stain said. I say it's cause he gave the contract to Joko to check. Just 'cause Lennyn had insisted she should be more involved in the band stuff. That trollette is going get us into much more trouble if Lennyn don't soon snap out of it... Anyways, those lizzies got the first go and soon they were in our half with that wheeled tiny skink holding the ball and being surrounded by four big saurii. So it looked like they were gonna score even though Madman had almost deaded the biggest lizard. Their doctor had saved the guy, but cracked some of his ribs in the process so that the big guy will probably spend some time recuperating. Wish our guy was even that good... Yeah, but they weren't gonna score 'cause that's when the fireworks started. I had thought that Pee Stain had recruited only my little gobbo friend as the fireworks master as I had seen him taking the field with the talent. He was dressed in his funny hat – I remember we used to say that he was using the top hat to make himself appear taller - and kept throwing around sparkly fire balls all around himself. But it seems that our manager had decided to go a bit further and had hired also my wizard friend. Well, he was never too good at aiming stuff and as he got highly addicted to the powder stuff during the Deadskulls tour, he probably even can't tell the sky from the backside of a barn. So when he got the signal to release the fireworks, that he did. Smacked 'em right onto the field. Two of the sauruses got hit and went down. That was all the break that our talent needed, the ball went out and then it was free for all. For a moment it looked like lizzies could take the situation back as they caught one of those fireballs my gobbo friend was throwing. But I guess those balls were hot as the skink who got it gave out a yell and threw it to his feet, taking out three of his friends.

That's then the shite hit the fan. That lady wasn't pleased about it, charged out of her seat and started hitting the shite pie dealer who had thrown the pie. It was just poor luck that it was just then that one of those big sauruses pushed Hairyson to the stands. Gory flew in and his head got in the way just as the lady fan was about to hit the pie dealer with her frying pan. Cracked his skull into bazillion little pieces. Doc tried to fix it and I even loaned him some of my special tape but nothing helped. We got ourselves a dead guitarist. And that really angered our bodyguards and they started hitting wildly. Lizzies started going down and out and getting knocked out. So Ringem just picked up the ball and ran it to the goal, of coarse he almost stumbled - he's never good at his feet as he keeps sitting down behind those drumms most of the time - at the goal line but managed to scramble in. And then we were in trouble 'cause it was half time and our lead quitarist was dead as a sunbathed vampire in a holy water pool. Pee Stain was panicking but then good old Sarge stepped in. He reminded that we had Gory's half-brother in the stands. So I got ordered to run to him, tape a quitar into his hands and push him onto stage. Did quite a good job, guess there's something in that gene stuff. You know, 'cause I had taken Gory's clothes off and made his brother put them on. Looked quite good in those jeans.

Well the halftime show was spectacular. I mean I have never seen this talent play such a wild gig. And I guess I got the amplifier imps honed in good this time 'cause I saw those knocked out lizzies try to get up but they kept passing out due to the volume. After we started the second half after the show, there were only 4 big ones and 3 little ones on the field. So bodyguards just rolled over the big guys and talent ran in the TD in the final minutes. And then the gig started. And it was even more spectacular than the half time. I have never seen so many lizards with glasses, didn't even know they made spectacles here. And talent played extremely well, our new guitarist just blew the knickers off those skinkettes and saurettes. I guess the rumor about Gory learning to play guitar by listening to his big brother was actually true.

So another week, another gig and a new talent. Off to the bootmakers next, have to see if I can find some cobbler who can make platform suits for Pete.
-------------------------

Got 210k of incentives, hired meself Dribblesnot the bomer and a wizard and that proved to be the winning combo. I think Dribblesnot didn't injure anyone, but he knocked at least one lizard down every turn. And even though he got intercepted twice, both times the interceptor rolled a 1 for the pass and dropped the bomb to his feet. Second MVP was the wizard who broke the cage and thus opened up the route for blitz that took down the ball-carrier. Blackorc Madman had killed and doctor seriously injured a kroxigor earlier which had given me guard advantage. On the darker side, the beloved lead guitarist of Da Beatmores, Gory Hairyson, was killed by being pushed into crowd and being suffocated by a horde of screaming teen girls. Lizzies kept on getting injured or knocked out, so I got to score with 3 gfis used on last 2 turns. 1 lizzie out of 4 KOs recovered, so it was 7 against 11. What followed was one of the fastest second halfs ever as the lizards were afraid to get up and after getting knocked down so orcs just walked in the second TD. Nothing much Kvasilad could do, the explosives were just too lucky. Better luck in rest of the games and thanks again for the game!

hakos

Second match played. Elf derby. Last time we met it ended 1-1. This time it ended... 1-1, guess it is fate.

The result felt ok, it was clearly an even match the whole time. Golden was usually one guy ahead in the damage race but failed more dodges than I did which put him in some bad positions at times.

I scored by throwing, he by running, both of us in our own offensive drives. Nothing unusual there.

Most damage and/or interesting situations happened at the border together with the audience. I guess that is what happens when both teams have frenzy and/or sidestep.

I got a chance at a simple 3+ catch in turn 15 for 2-1 but failed it. Had no RR lefts at that time.

Good game Golden, I'm happy I didn't have to face your AG 5 blitzer (thanks Barmution :), that would most likely have given you the edge.

Good luck in future matches.

/hakos

Lars

Barmutation when can you play ?
i could play:
Tuesday from 19:00
Wednesday from 19:00
Sunday from 21:00

/Lars

Barmution

Tomorrow (Tuesday) at 21 would be great, Lars.

(Btw, it's Bar-MUTION, not Bar-MUT-AT-ION ;) )
/Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Thanks for the game J-R, great write-up, but a horrible game for me. When my muscle goes down early and skinks fail to do skinky stuff, it's a bad day to be a lizard. It was excruciating when two separate skinks actually managed to intercept the bomb as you said, and both of them rolled natural 1's for the return. There were also several opportunities for me to score towards the end of the 1st half even after things had started slipping, if Nuffle had been at least moderately benign towards my skinks. But alas, it was One Of Those Days.

I'm glad World of Cheese is my MD2 opponent, while they may be able to run circles around me and win, they should at least not be able to thoroughly out-muscle me in my weakened state (krox + saurus mng)

Lars

Quote from: Barmution on April 20, 2015, 10:48:32 AM
Tomorrow (Tuesday) at 21 would be great, Lars.

(Btw, it's Bar-MUTION, not Bar-MUT-AT-ION ;) )
/Barm

Cya then

And sorry for the misspeling  ;)

/Lars

Barmution

Quote from: Lars on April 20, 2015, 03:20:22 PM

Cya then

And sorry for the misspeling  ;)

/Lars
Hehe, not a problem. You're not the first and will probably not be the last to read it that way :)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.