S20 - Match day 7

Started by J-Reedy, August 08, 2015, 06:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Quote from: hakos on October 22, 2015, 02:19:22 PM
My record this season is not that stellar so the lizards probably have quite a good chance of winning. Have not been able to beat them any time so far either.

However, this is the last match with this team, spp and levelling does not count any more, injuries does not count any more. Plus, I really want to get a better record. So I will definitely do everything I can to win this one.

Lizards: Consider yourself warned  ;)

/hakos

I do! Let's nail down a time for this battle shall we? I'm open Tuesday any time from 1800 and onwards, just let me know what suits you best.

hakos

tuesday, 1900, should work splendidly /hakos

tags

hakos

you are probably already aware, but just to be sure, we changed to Winter time in sweden this weekend.

By 19 I mean 19 CET, which I believe is the same time in norway.

/hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on October 26, 2015, 08:07:12 PM
you are probably already aware, but just to be sure, we changed to Winter time in sweden this weekend.

By 19 I mean 19 CET, which I believe is the same time in norway.

/hakos

Yup, same thing here, was actually in Stockholm while the time changed :D

tags

Logging in already, in case you're ready early.

tags

Well, it was a tough match, which featured several leap-sacks of my carrier, but the lizards pulled out the 2-1 in the end. Thanks for the match Hakos, you sure made that slightly more exciting than I had hoped for!

hakos

Congratulations to the final, well played.

I think I leapt more in this match than I have done in all matches combined before. Got the ball loose at least 3 times, but it never bounced in a good way so kvasi could always get it back directly afterwards.

/hakos

hakos

THE LEGENDS OF BLOOD BOWL, ISSUE NUL20:7

After watching all the current legendary players in the Chaos Cup it is now time to look into our up and coming legendary players from NUL, season 20. Yes, it's true, for the third season in a row our reporters have been watching the NUL matches closely to find the best matches, finest moments and most interesting players. It seems we have lost the dwarves, but apart from that, all the teams from last season are still here. All are better than ever, making each match as intense as a final and each loss felt dearly. Let's go through the highlights from the normal season.

DAY 1 – A Super Star Is Born
First day opened up with a real super match. Vampires vs Humans. A total of 42 star player points were awarded in this very intense match. It included everything you expect in a blood bowl match. 4 goals, 4 passes and 8 injuries of which 3 were fatal.

3 players are worth noticing a bit better. It is not easy being a rookie thrall in an advanced season like this. The thrall 'Cathedral of Blue' came, played and was killed by the ruthless Sandalf. 'Sandalf the Wise' was his normal self and hurt another two players as well, which was enough to propel him into Super Star status. However, there was an even better player on the field today. 'Looking Glass Knight' also injured 3 players but managed to kill two of those. Mirroring his mirror kills from the last season, cementing his reputation as a serial killer.

DAY 2 – An Unusual Killer
In the second day we select the Rats vs Ogres&Snotling match as the most interesting. Not surprising considering we have 'Edmund Emmenthaler' in the Rats team. And as usual he did quite a lot including one goal, one pass and one casualty but also playing some tricky mind games with the nice ogres.

In the ogre&snotling team we saw some spectacular plays, like ogres actually catching the ball and snotlings actually scoring. But the highlight of the match is our favorite 'Little Jimmy'. Last season we saw him score two flying goals against the orcs but he is not out of nifty tricks. This time he somehow managed to find a soft spot on snotling level on a linerat. So soft that he managed to kill the linerat. Not bad for a little snotling.

DAY 3 – A Wolverine
The violent theme in our highlighted matches continue. What happened with the agile, fast paced, multi scoring, friendly games in earlier seasons? Once again we meet the Rats but this time they faced the menacing Orc opponents. This sure was one of the most brutal matches evar, with a total of 10 injuries. The orcs got two of their veteran players permanently dead. The troll Joko Ono and the blitzer Joins Breaker Lennyn. One of their lineorcs also got a niggling injury. Not a result they are used to.

The cause of all this? The phenomenal storm vermin 'Charlie Cheddar'. With his claws he managed to single handedly cripple the orc team. All 5 of the injuries, including the 2 kills, scored by the rats were made by him.

DAY 4 – A Group Hug
This time we visit the Dark Elves vs Human match. The dark elves players are rarely featured in this column since they put the team before boosting their own egos. On the other side we have the human super star Sandalf the Wise who have, rightly so, been feared by all teams facing him, and many are the attempts to bring him down.

It seemed that no player could hurt him, but when he for the umpteenth time throw himself on top of a helpless opponent the dark elves team had enough. They gathered around him and started to kick, kick and those dark elves shoes sure are pointy. Finally Sandalf was so dead that not even the apothecary could save him. Unconfirmed reportings claim that it was 'The Package' that did the final injury.

DAY 5 – A Super Star Club
So many things happened this day that it is impossible to select a match to highlight. Let's go through them one by one instead.

First out is the Lizards vs Ogres. Hogremania runs wild, 3 skinks permanently damaged and a total of 4 new have to be contracted. 'Killy Turner' runs even wilder and joins the super star club after getting his 6th MVP in day 4 and hurting 3 snotlings today. Could it be all that new muscle that makes the difference?

Second match was maybe not that spectacular. Vampires vs High Elves was quite even and it is in the even matches the true stars shine. In this case 'Looking Glass Knight' shined more than normal, did a key casualty and was judged to be the most important player in the vampire team, which was enough to gain super star status.

In the third match, Humans vs Orcs we got to see a special new player. Never before have a new player had as high expectations, but he delivered. Sandalf's son, 'Sandalf Sandalfson Jr' scored and was also named the MVP. With the mighty blows he showed today he sure walks in his father's boots.

And in the final match of the day, Rats vs Dark Elves we can watch yet another super star join the club. 'Charlie Cheddar' does "only" 4 cas this match but is of course the mvp of his team and can from now consider himself to be a super star. 'Nhicut' may very well be the next up and coming rat player since he seems to have similar strengths as Edmund. There must be something special in that cheese.

DAY 6 – A Rock Show
The High Elf vs Orc game sure did contain lots of rock(s). Before the match it was the soft one, during the match it was the hard one. Elves were going down left and right, one died while dodging, another dead one was actually saved by some elven magic potion and then it was not enough left to prevent the niggling injuries on two more players. 'Bad Boy' was a truly bad boy and 'B'Maul McCargnagey' was in the flow with 3 cas.

The audience did what they could to get an interesting match and showered the orcs with rocks but to no avail. The orcs could do whatever they wanted and did just that by trying to score twice with BoB's. The first one failed due to a failed gfi but 'Da Word' intentionally picked up the ball and then scored.

In other news, the saurus 'Lionfish Jordan' scored.

And finally, there were Witches Abroad in the ogre kingdom. 'Granny Weatherwax' intercepted one pass and scored three times, while 'Gytha Ogg' did one pass and hurt 3 opponents.. One so bad that he got a visit from DEATH.

DAY 7 – A Worthy Season Ending
The final day sure was exciting, with 4 teams still in contention for the 2 play-off spots. Surely there must be a spectacular match this day? And oh yes, we were not disappointed. The Rats vs Vampires match had everything. 8 goals, 7 passes, 9 casualties, 1 intercept and of course plenty of dead players. Although the dead players were dead already before the match.

A total of 51 star player points were awarded. The vampires divided them evenly between them. 'Looking Glass Knight' did 3 casualites, 'Lost Sinner' 3 touch down and 'The Rotten' 3 pass.

'Edmund Emmenthaler' reached an amazing 100 spp and is one of 3 players that have gained spp all matches this season. The other two are the vampires 'Looking Glass Knight' and 'The Rotten'.

Equally amazing is 'Charlie Cheddar' who did 3 casualties and end this season with 99 spp and a total of 15 casualties in 6 matches, he rested on day 2 due to an injury.

Incredibly enough, neither of these two rats were the best player in their team this day. That honor goes to 'Chandler Chevré' who achieved a total of 14 spp via 2 TD, 1 PA, 1 Intercept and of course was named the MVP of his team. One of the rat goals were made in one turn. It happened so fast that this reporter is not certain which rat it was, but we believe it was Chandler.

Thank you all for reading and good luck to the finalists.

tags

Great writeup Hakos, I really enjoy these in-depth reports!

So, with a scaly stretch, the lizards make it to the finals. Worthy of note is it that the finals of season 20 see the winner of season 18 facing the winner of season 19. This one's for all the marbles!

Also, unfortunately, worthy of note is it that The Phin Phighters have never beaten The Emperor's New Boots. Not once in 4 matches.

In season 18, The Phin Phighters faced The Emperor's New Boots on match day 5 in a grueling match that ended 1-1, which to this day is the only one in this matchup that has not resulted in a loss for the Phins. The teams met again in the semifinals, which saw the Boots eliminate the Phighters in a 1-2 victory.

In season 19, the lizards took a 0-2 loss during regular season in a royal butt-whooping, this time facing a bit of an extra uphill battle thanks to Nuffle. The two teams never faced off again, as the Boots were eliminated by Da Beatmores in the semis, which enabled Phins to win the season without ever taking down the Boots.

In season 20, match day 3, The Emperor's New Boots earned another 1-2 victory over the Phins, although this time with the Kroxigor Wake having to sit it out due to injury.

So there you have it, bookies heavily favour the Boots, but can the Phins this final time buck the trend?