S20 - Match day 2

Started by J-Reedy, August 08, 2015, 06:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

equilibri

So, how about match day 2?

When can you play, Gnaar? My rats want to run past, under and jump around your big wall of ogres! :D

Mr B

Aaaha.. Goldy time.

This will be a bit delayed..
I'll be off from Monday to Wednesday next week, this week is busy with other appointments.
So.. Thursday next week maybe?

/B

J-Reedy

Oh yeah, only 4 match pairings, so MD 2 is on. Good catch, Equilibri.

Well, Kvasilad. Unfortunately I'm bit busy this week, so the finals rematch has to wait a while. I'll away on my friend's wedding business from Friday to Sunday and have to organize some stuff for next two days, so it looks like the earliest I could play is next Tuesday (the 25th). I'll let you know about my times on Sunday but Tuesday to Thursday next week should be OK at my normal early evening times. But as I said, I'll give more exact times on Sunday when I get back from the wedding.

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: Mr B on August 18, 2015, 05:32:57 PM
Aaaha.. Goldy time.

This will be a bit delayed..
I'll be off from Monday to Wednesday next week, this week is busy with other appointments.
So.. Thursday next week maybe?

/B

A bit early for me to say for certain but I don't have anything booked then right now. We can say that preliminarily and I will tell you if something comes up.

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on August 18, 2015, 06:45:14 PM
Oh yeah, only 4 match pairings, so MD 2 is on. Good catch, Equilibri.

Well, Kvasilad. Unfortunately I'm bit busy this week, so the finals rematch has to wait a while. I'll away on my friend's wedding business from Friday to Sunday and have to organize some stuff for next two days, so it looks like the earliest I could play is next Tuesday (the 25th). I'll let you know about my times on Sunday but Tuesday to Thursday next week should be OK at my normal early evening times. But as I said, I'll give more exact times on Sunday when I get back from the wedding.

Tuesday to Thursday next week looks pretty open for me after work, so sounds good.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: equilibri on August 18, 2015, 11:59:44 AM

When can you play, Gnaar? My rats want to run past, under and jump around your big wall of ogres! :D

Hehe! That I can understand Equi! ;D
Though we want to crush your slippery rats between our biceps! 8)

How about a match tomorrow (thursday) @21?

/Gnaar

equilibri

Quote from: Gnaarkill on August 19, 2015, 10:43:36 AM
Quote from: equilibri on August 18, 2015, 11:59:44 AM

Hehe! That I can understand Equi! ;D
Though we want to crush your slippery rats between our biceps! 8)

How about a match tomorrow (thursday) @21?

/Gnaar

Yeah, thursday at 21:00 works for me! See u on the field tomorrow!

Gnaarkill

hakos

Hello Mr Barmution, time to play, and see who Nuffle favours this time.

The best would be saturday, I can play anytime.

Friday and sunday are off, or maybe I can play some late on sunday.

/hakos

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on August 20, 2015, 07:40:13 PM
Hello Mr Barmution, time to play, and see who Nuffle favours this time.

The best would be saturday, I can play anytime.

Friday and sunday are off, or maybe I can play some late on sunday.

/hakos

Yes indeed :)

How about 1500 GMT+2/CEST on Saturday then?

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

equilibri

Well, this was not the result I expected... A draw would have been more fair...

OKWF started out with some really tired ogres that did not really understand what they should do on the field.
The ball got handled with ease by the sneaky snotlings, but with 2 failed Bonehead no real cage could be formed the first turn, so Edmund got a chance to steal the ball...

And he did... Just to see it bounce straight into the arms of another snotling... *sigh*

Then the cage of DOOOM was built, and with 6 Guard-Ogres and some snotling-fillers, not even Edmund could get through to the ballcarrier.
So the rats tried stalling the cage by running around the slow tank of blue pain and suffering!
That kind of stalled the cage a bit, but one by one the rats left the field either KO or injured, so finally turn 8 the ballcarrier could run out of the moving safezone and score the TD.

The rats got 1 turn to try their new speedy runner, but instead of hoping for Quicksnap they where trying a push... And the Kickoff result was Quicksnap! *sigh nr 2*
The pushes went ok, but when trying to dodge out of a line of muscle and rage the poor little runner fell and that was the first half...

Second half the rats did what they always do. Run past the defence, throw the ball and play it safe one turn extra just to keep it cool...

With 8 players against 5 ogres and 3 or 4 snotlings (who can tell, really, they are so small!!!) the coach of WoC was betting on his best card, Edmund, to try and steal the ball.
First attempt was first successful, but again the ball bounced to a player in OKWF, this time an ogre, and he caught it! Some say that the team were trying out new gloves today... With glue, perhaps?
And then Edmund fell when he tried to leap out of danger...

Now comes the part where the rats showed their true nature... Edmund silently whispered to the closest ogre "Pleeeez, dont stomp on me... I am soooo weak..." and closed his eyes just waiting for the big boot to come crashing down on his head! Never had anyone been nice and left a rat lying down on the ground without getting the kick, so the audience just went silent... Waiting for the expected...
Was this the end for Edmund? Would he leave his great career behind him splattered under the boot of an ogre?

But somehow the ogre, maybe a little dazzled by the strange thing of seeing a rat whispering, just said "Dont worry, ratsie, I am nice." and turned away from the "would be victim"!

Well, Edmund, not directly famous for his good behaviour and morale, jumped up and picked the ball from the big brutes hands! Then he ran as fast as he could and with almost every ogre, snotling, goblin, orch and other non-rat person in the arena chasing him, he scored a TD in the last turn for WoC.
OKWF screamed "Cheating!", the audience almost rioted, the judges read through every rulebook they could find, but it could not change the fact that Edmund had scored 2-1 for WoC!

Note: A protest has been sent in by OKWF and we will see if Edmund may get some punishment... Maybe a gag-ball just so he can't whisper on the field anymore...

After that the ogres got a chance to score a oneturner, but unfortunately they were still confused by the TD so a failed Bonehead closed the game...

Well, I am really sorry for this Gnaar! I really thought you understood the sarcasm in my plead for Edmund, but I guess I am used to play against players who just dont care what I write... Or care about my players...
You handled the first half excellent and gave me almost no chance at all to steal the ball! Second half was not much to say about, but as I wrote in the start of this (very long review) the most fair result would have been a draw!
Good luck in the next game, and just stomp on anything that is lying down! We all deserve it!

hakos

Barmution

This match turned out a rough one for Hakos after my fouling dice got on fire and High Elves were leaving the pitch rapidly.

Thanks for the match, mate.
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.