S20 - Match day 1

Started by J-Reedy, August 08, 2015, 06:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

Yeah, I guess thanks are in place to you too for trimming my TV :P Well played, B. Dice were crazy but there's never any doubt that you know what you're doing with those Vamps.

Good news, 3 levels gained! MVP finally hit the Ogre. Bad news: 2 deaths, Blodge Blitzer and Guard/Wrestle lino. If you are a very strange person that is true balance...

Gl further on!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: kvasilad on August 10, 2015, 10:33:23 AM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on August 10, 2015, 09:26:05 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on August 10, 2015, 08:09:59 AM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on August 09, 2015, 11:12:00 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on August 09, 2015, 09:56:15 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on August 09, 2015, 08:25:31 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on August 09, 2015, 03:00:38 PM
All right Golden!

I can play:
Sunday (today): from about 20
Monday: from about 20
Wednesday: from about 18

Failing that, it'll have to be next week I'm afraid.

I don't think any of those times work sadly. The weekend looks pretty open though, at least during the day.

I'm away during the weekend, so probably next week then.

Sounds good. Next Monday looks open for me, would that work for you?

Sure, as long as it's later than 2000

Yeah that's best for me as well. Starting between 20 and 21 works for me.

Let's say 2000 then!

Is it possible to start at 21 instead? Have a dinner I have to go to on Monday.

tags

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on August 16, 2015, 08:44:31 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on August 10, 2015, 10:33:23 AM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on August 10, 2015, 09:26:05 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on August 10, 2015, 08:09:59 AM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on August 09, 2015, 11:12:00 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on August 09, 2015, 09:56:15 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on August 09, 2015, 08:25:31 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on August 09, 2015, 03:00:38 PM
All right Golden!

I can play:
Sunday (today): from about 20
Monday: from about 20
Wednesday: from about 18

Failing that, it'll have to be next week I'm afraid.

I don't think any of those times work sadly. The weekend looks pretty open though, at least during the day.

I'm away during the weekend, so probably next week then.

Sounds good. Next Monday looks open for me, would that work for you?

Sure, as long as it's later than 2000

Yeah that's best for me as well. Starting between 20 and 21 works for me.

Let's say 2000 then!

Is it possible to start at 21 instead? Have a dinner I have to go to on Monday.

Sure, 21 it is.

equilibri

Well, I am still pretty shaky from my 3 day festival (which involved a lot of beer...) so I really cant write a recap of my game against hakos, but here are the stats anyway:

Maybe hakos can sum up the game if he wants to?

Well, nice first match of the season and no bad injuries for the rats at least...

hakos

Who is the mostest passer? 5 vs 4 in the elves favour...
Who is the mostest passer? 3 for Edmund, 2 for Titus...
Who throws the longest? Edmund in total...
Who throws the longest? Titus for the single longest...

Guess we can call it even.

The match, well, I would prefer to forget it. As always, was a bit rusty in the beginning of the season. Made two judgement mistakes and one cost me. No one could stop the others defense and since I started to receive I had the advantage but one failed pass in the middle of the first half changed that. Tried to avoid an intercept possibility for Edmund and got one extra minus on the pass chance, which is exacatly what I failed with. That is where I lost the match, methinks. Next time I will remember how safe throw works. So perhaps the rat's won the throwing contest anyway...

In other news, armor Dice were a bit one sided. +16 for the rats and -10 for the elves, which showed in the numbers on the field. And the casualties. But in practice it did not matter that much. The rats next opponent will be happy too know that Mr. Claw will take a rest next match. And for me it is time to kick a block/Dodge catcher. Both -1 AV and -1 ST is one damage too much.

Edmund stole the show, of course, I think he stole the ball from me at least 3 times and at least two of those should be next to impossible to steal.

Babybel mostly stood still and roared wildly but some judges seemed to think that was important since he was named the most valued player in the rat team.

/hakos

The Golden Arrow

I'll be there in 10 mins.

tags

The Golden Arrow

Thank for the game Kvasi :D Feels nice to finally get some revenge! I managed to score defensively in his first drive after some bad blocking from him and a leap blitz on his ball carrier. Then we grinded it out with both being able to score ones in the second half.

tags

Thanks for the game, it was a pretty difficult first half which pretty much decided the game, and an even second half in most respects. Events of the first were hard to swallow, but I guess that's BB for ya :D

J-Reedy

Quote from: J-Reedy on August 11, 2015, 10:46:05 PM

Da Beatmores' would like to dedicate this match to their fans. For all those guys, gals and teenettes who today started by killing a snotling with a rock in the opening kick-off and continued by stunning ALL of the ogre team in the kick-off following the Da Beats first TD. We love you fans!

Some kind of match report coming later, too late for one now. Gnaarkill played excellent offence, he got the ball to Ogre the Giant who kept it to the final turn and came quite close to scoring. However, steady loss of snotties made the game real hard for the ogres in the second half and then the crowd kicked in with a pitch invasion that was a sight to behold...
Thanks for the game, Gnaar-man, well-played!

B'Maul McCargnagey, born in the orcish town of Liver Puddle, used to pelt rocks at passing by caravans and run after chicken at the local coop with another little puddleorcer called Joinz with whom he was later to form a band with. A band that would rocket to the top of charts and start an before unseen tour that combined Blood Bowl 'n Da'pop and that would rock cities and frenzy teenettes of all races. First kiss with that cute teen trollette, first visit to first aid after the first kiss, first blow to the head in the first aid, the look of pride in his mother's eyes when B'Maul realized only after the second hit to the head from the orcish doctor's club that he should stop complaining about the piece missing from his nose and start healing. First gig, the nerves, the frenziness, first ever visit to the backstage from the fanettes. Meeting Sarge. First game of Bloow Bowl. That time Joko told them that Ringem should play in front. Countless fanettes in numerous backstages.
That all flashed before B'Maul's eyes when Little Jimmy's boot started moving towards his face. Funny how the time slows down when you're faced with the possibility of death. It reminded him of the look on his father's face when he had answered yes when B'Maul's mother had asked dad if she looked fat in that padded skirt that didn't not made her look fat but enormous. Well, at least B'Maul had time to think now with that booth inching closer and closer to his face by every millisecond. It all had started so good, the pregame gig success as usual, firing up the fans and fire department coming to dose the self-combusted teenettes as usual. The frenzied atmosphere when they had taken the field with the Ogre Kingdom's wrestlers, the fans cheering, rock flying from the most screamiest section and hitting Dan DeSnottio, killing him flat. Well, the fact that Ogré the Giant had managed to pick up the ball they kicked to the ogre side was a bit of a downer, but then Lennyn had broken the jaw of Puppett the psycho snott and everything had looked fine. And there were even fireworks – from Dribblesnot the bomber who tossed a bomb and took out Piggies and Joko Ono but also Doink the Ogre. And that's when B'Maul had sprang to action, blitzing Dribblesnot and downing him. But the little bugger looked to be okay after the hit, so B'Maul had decided to elbow drop him. Should've know better than to try a wrestling move against a wrestling team. The sneaky goblin had rolled away from him and now he was lying prone and getting the boot from that snotting had scored two touchdowns against them last time. And there it came, crashing into his skull. THUD!

After the stars faded from his vision, B'Maul realized that he was OK, so it wast time to get up. Yeah, just after Joko takes down that Dribblesnot, then he would... Well, she got him down by falling over him...  And there goes the Ogre the giant with the ball, blitzing Ringem who gets knocked out. At that moment B'Maul realized that time wasn't moving slow anymore and he should've gotten up when he had chance. Now it was too late and Little Jimmy was getting ready to boot him again. After visions of teenettes, backrooms, chicken wings, songs and Blood Bowl matches and that weird time when they had visited that strange orc nation where the backroom teenettes would turn their backs to him when he asked to see their fanny and getting pissed meant getting angry – all that flashed again before B'Maul's eyes before the loud THUD came again. But there was no CRACK – the little bugger had no strength behind his kick, so B'Maul just shook it off and got up. And he was ANGRY. Real angry. But first things first, he signaled to Gorey that he should blitz Ogré the Giant who had gotten dangerously close to the sideline. Dangerous to him that is. And Gorey went for it, only small pushback and Ogré would be in the gentle embrace of their fans. There he went, the finest orcish guitar player B'Maul knew - of course, to be honest, he only knew one other and that was the one-armed Joe – but as a blocker... Well, Gorey hit Ogré all right – right onto Ogreé chin that everybody knew was made of bricks and mortar. Gorey fell to the ground holding his hand and screaming in agony. He looked to be OK but the ogres had... Suddenly a giant fireball came swooshing down from the skies! Piggies went down from the blast and ogre's were free to run and that they did, inching closer and closer to endzone. Well, at least B'Maul would get to brake the bones of that little bugger Little Jimmy... who had dodged away while B'Maul was spectating the spectacle of their defense getting crumbled into pieces.

But then Sarge stepped in. B'Maul had liked their tour manager instantly when he saw him. There was something magical about him and he was glad he was the one to lead them on their tour that had seemed like mystery to all of them before Sarge took over. B'Maul thought if that would make a good song... Maybe some day. Sarge had gathered up the troops and they had blocked the ogre's route to the endzone and now Sarge was blitzing Macho Ogre Savage who quickly went down and fell into Ogré the Giant, pushing him further away from the endzone. Then everything degenerated into a brawl, everybody hitting everything that moved. Doink took down Joko, Little Jimmy booted her and knocked her out but then Hulk Hogre got knocked out also. Ogres got out of the sidelines but lost the ball, Lennyn ko'd a snotling, B'Maul tried to go for Little Jimmy but was stopped by a wall of ogres and then it was all over. End of first half, no score.

Walking onto the field second time B'Maul glanced on the other side of the field. No Hulk Hogre, that knock out must've gotten him good. But Little Jimmy was there. Right there... Only that other snotling, Bobby the snot, stood between him and Little Jimmy. B'Maul started moving as he heard the sound of the ball being bunt and ran into Bobby with all of his speed behind him, smashing the little fellow down like a whirlwind taking down a haystack. B'Maul didn't even bother to look behind him as he continued to sprint towards Little Jimmy. He knew he had connected good and Bobby wasn't coming back onto the field. B'Maul stopped for a second as he had lost sight of Little Jimmy and then somebody bumped into him. He reacted instinctively and smashed that something. It was The Rock, seemed like some of his band-mates had pushed him towards B'Maul. The Rock went down and B'Maul saw that he had created an opening for Gorey who was running past him with the ball. Then Ogré the Giant came out of nowhere and took down Gorey right in front of B'Maul's eyes and did something that seemed impossible do with those bulks upon bulks of muscle that the giant ogre carried around with him. He swooped down with the grace of a swan and picked up the bouncing ball, pocketing it onto his armpit. The sight was almost humorous, the ball looked like a pebble in those giant hands. B'Maul quickly abandoned the thought of going after Little Jimmy and instead decided to cover Ogré who had his back turned onto him. But then the giant turned and hit him straight between the eyes with full sideswing. Flying backwards B'Maul had time to witness how Ogré turned the momentum of his punch into a run and got away from other orcs that were covering him. The giant continued to run, run faster than B'Maul thought was possible for an ogre. And there he was right. The hulking giant slipped onto his own feet trying to get behind one of his team-mates and the run was over. And there it was. The sight that B'Maul had waited for – clear route to Little Jimmy. Like a flash he got up with eyes burning bright red with rage and started sprinting towards that slimy little fouler with all the speed he could muster. He clashed into Little Jimmy with a thunderous smack that took the snotling quivering on the ground. But that wasn't enough for B'Maul, so he jumped up, made a ball of himself and dropped onto that little booter with all the strength he could gather. When he hit Little Jimmy, B'Maul heard the satisfactory sounds of snaps, crackles and pops, and he felt the little fellow go limp under him. With his frenzy subdued, B'Maul rolled over and got up, taking account of what was happening on the field.

It looked like Sarge had gathered up the ball and was just about to start sprinting to the endzone. But then Ogré got up and took down Gorey who was guarding Sarge's run. But then the ogre was quickly pushed back by Mean Mr. Mustard and Sarge had a clear route to the goal and he ran there like a slow summer breeze, scoring the go-ahead goal with ease.

Time for another kick-off. They were up by one, but the ogres were to receive and they still had one snotling standing, so Sarge was yelling at everybody to prepare for the Toss'da'Tosser. B'Maul steeled himself, ready to grab onto anything that was trying to fly over him. Then there came the giant rumble followed by screeching of something that sounded like thousand harpys seeing a lone sailor float onto their lair. Glancing around the wall of ogres before him B'Maul saw a horde of ogre and snottling teenettes rushing onto the field from the ogre endzone. Stands must've given out and now there was a hord of women folk running for the Fab Four. B'Maul shrugged. Nothing he hadn't seen before – vampirettes, snottlinettes, dwarfettes, lizardettes – you name it, he had seen hoard of them running towards him at some point in their tour. Ogres on the other hand, they turned back and did what you shouldn't do when faced with a horde that was trying to reach something behind them –try to fight the horde back. One by one all of the ogres were felled by the horde but B'Maul had to admit that the giants were doing a good job of dwindling down the teenettes. As the last ogre went down, there was only a handful of teenettes left, so their black orc muscle had no trouble keeping them away from B'Maul and the other three members of the Fabs. Teddy Boy was the brave decider who went down with the last of teens. B'Maul and rest of his band stood there quietly for a moment, looking at the sight of empty field before them littered with the prone bodies of ogres and snotlings who were slowly trying to recover from the massive pitch invasion. Then they snapped into action: Ringem picked up the ball from the ogre side and ran toward the sidelines with no opposition. Ogres got up slowly and tried to block the route but being outnumbered, there was nothing they could do. Just before the endzone Ringem handed the ball over to Sarge who took the ball to the goal. 2 to nothing and the game was over. But there was still a post-game gig to play and B'Maul had a feeling it was going to be great. With fans like this present on the stands, it had to be.

hakos

Great match report, one of your best, at least in my mind.

/hakos