Blood Bowl II. (Sorry for ruining the schedule board :) )

Started by Gnaarkill, September 24, 2015, 09:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnaarkill

Hey Guys!

Sorry for stealing the schedule board for this, i just figured that this thread will be noticed more if I post it here ;)

Anyone played the Blood Bowl II game yet?
I havent had a chance to test it out yet, but i am excited to do it to say the least ;D

Whats your opinion about it? And what are our plans of Norsca moving to the new platform?
Personally a move to the new game around season 22 would be a realistic plan, what do you guys think?

/Gnaarkill

Lars

played some sigle player campain yesterday worked pretty well pathfinding algorthims seems better miss some features like grid on the field name tags on players. the biggest problem  for me is all the missing teams.

/Lars

Mr B

Yes, and I'm not sure what to do...

I love the game, I do not think Cyanide is a good company releasing it.

Should I feed them with the money no matter what state they release it in.
Will they actually improve the game, or just produce new team, what about bugs?

I'm puzzled.. and then there is the platform quiz.. I'm more interesting in the PS4 version.. are they the same?
Have PC got more attention or visevera.. Is it cross-breaded can I buy PS4 and play with PC version..

What will happened with BB1 after a while.. the riddles goes on.
But I think I'll buy a Ps4 version actually.. I'm tempted. as I love the game.. and love triumphs all right  :-*

Gnaarkill

Yea, i can imagine that the loss of 16 teams makes the game feel veeery thin! And thats a big problem. Have you experienced any bugs lars? Is the game stable?

Mr.B.
I don't think the game is a cross-plattform title though. So if you buy the PS4 version you wont be able to play against users on PC or Xbox. I think that the user base is probably biggest on PC so I will definetly go for the PC-version.

/Gnaar

Barmution

I won't be buying BB2 before they have all the races bundled for a reasonable price. Atm the people I know who's been part of the beta has pointed out that none of the rules bugs from BB1 has been fixed, there's some game breaking new ones (like suddenly not being able to block wo blitzing) and the UI is pretty but poorly implemented with regards to command flow.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Lars

I have only played two maches in the single plyer campigne and there they don't use the true rule set so can't really say anything baout bugs etc and since I have not played any online matches yet i cannot say anything about stabillity since it's mostly the networking/online matching code that could have the worst stabillity flaws.

/Lars

Barmution

Yeah, that's another point: Network stability is exactly the same as before, meaning you effectively can't pick up dropped matches. How can they not have learned?!
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Will buy it sooner or later. On PC

But would prefer to wait until I see that they have a stable release.

My assumption is that they have not fixed the bugs in the old version since they have focused on the new version. Once I thought they left the bugs in the old version to make people want to move to the new version, but if it is the same bugs, then I start to wonder, have they ported the old rule code and just updated the skin?

/hakos

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on September 24, 2015, 09:24:38 PM
My assumption is that they have not fixed the bugs in the old version since they have focused on the new version. Once I thought they left the bugs in the old version to make people want to move to the new version, but if it is the same bugs, then I start to wonder, have they ported the old rule code and just updated the skin?

/hakos
Sadly, that seems to be a very reasonable assumption :(

Mr B

I bought it.. on PS4  :o
Because that's convenient for me.
I have tested a bit 5 games or so.. worked ok.
AI is not good but better.

I watch a dude got 0-3 loss vs skaven and AI is better at bashing and better to make use of assistance etc.
It actually made some good moves to Surf my guy (yes I set him up to see how AI would act) with 2d blitz.
He was downed but some assists and blocks he finally got 2d on my guy.

He is very poor and suffers a lot when he actually has the ball...
Have faced two elven teams and all dodges out from tackle zone and... he left the Ball Carrier as he was.. in three dwarf tackle zones...
Very poor judgement..

Orc Ai was also not bad but he never support the Troll on general terms.. just luck if he actually have some in Troll-zone when he moves/blocks.. and he did burn a rr on pointless block with troll.. he made it but.. not so cleaver as he needs 4+ + 4+ to pass loner and Really really stupid.

PS4 controls are quite good though, skipping animations helps.
I put up a NUL league.. pointless but I'm happy with it.
You can select 2-128 teams.

Not much else to change though.
Cheers

Gnaarkill

Ouf! My excitement level of this game just dropped drastically. :-\

I will probably buy it anyway but im not in a hurry anymore. Thanks for all the input guys! :)

tags

I've bought it, played a few matches in public matchmaking with a skaven team without problems.

Also played through most of the campaign.

Seems fine to me, only thing I'm missing so far is the dice backlog. The grid... well, it's no biggie really. Haven't seen any gamebreaking bugs so far. Haven't seen any of the uglies from BB1 either, with 12 men on the field and so on, but my sample size is a bit limited so far.

Then again, there's not really enough new things to force NUL over to BB2 either, so I'm fine with playing BBCE here for the foreseeable future.

Mr B

There are some  questions/issues that needs to get solved.
Inducements bug.. where you actually Can spend all money..because you get them back after the game anyway.

League setup is currently more limited than bb1.
One strange bug found is that piling on works when fouling.. how did that happen?

Pretty sure there are lot more easter Eggs hidden.
Just imagine when teams are added..

Otherwise the GUI works fine for me.
Only tested ps4...

J-Reedy

Haven't yet bought the game, but I'll do that at some point, maybe after some more races are added. No surprise with the gameplay changes being few and far between as all of the game's marketing has concentrated on improved graphics that I really don't care about (no surprise as I'm still playing original UFO enemy unknown without any of the improved graph bolt-ins).

tags

Gotta say I do appreciate the improved graphics and animations so far, but I guess it's the kind of things you just stop noticing after a few hundred hours of game time :D

Mr. B: Have you reported foul/piling on bug? Haven't seen that among the known issues on the official board. Haven't seen it myself either, but haven't exactly tried to foul with a PO guy yet. Actually, I don't think I've ever done that in any BB match.