S20 - THE FINAL

Started by J-Reedy, October 28, 2015, 08:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

And here it is:

Good luck for both of you!

tags

Time to improve on my 0-1-3 record against the Boots!

Tomorrow (Thursday) is a good day from 18-ish onwards

Friday may or may not work

Saturday/Sunday should be very open, but preferrably not evenings.

Failing those, it's Wednesday+ next week.

Barmution

Hi man!

Can't give you a precise time atm due to the digger ripping out our internet line while doing his thing, BUT odds are I'm good to go for early Sunday (say a 12-13 start). Is that doable?

PS. We would be delighted should you elect not to improve your record against us :P
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

That should be doable, let's tentatively say Sunday 1300, but if you see me on Steam I might be ready earlier.

Bamalam Wake is eager to make a point out of the difference he makes by being on the field. At the very least, that's one more strength guy to foul off the pitch :P

Barmution

Sounds good, see you there if my internet has been put back in working order by then :)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on October 28, 2015, 02:54:10 PM
Bamalam Wake is eager to make a point out of the difference he makes by being on the field. At the very least, that's one more strength guy to foul off the pitch :P

Just watching a sort of a Blood Bowl match where Flippers are playing against Guys who love their home country. The Wake guy playing in that match is being too eager at the moment, just got his second neutral zone infraction call. Hope Bamalam doesn't get eyed by the refs in the final.

Edit at 3rd QTR 0:58: And now Wake got injured...

tags

Just finished watching it, sure looked like a typical Phins v. Boots game to me!

Barmution

Looking bad for the final on Sunday, Kvasi. The diggers managed to tear into my cable a second time :( I'll let you know more as soon as things develop. Sorry for the delay.

tags

No worries, I'll have plenty of opportunities Wednesday+

Barmution

Just informing the guys that we're planning to play the final at Saturday 1100 CET.

Mr B

Quote from: Barmution on November 04, 2015, 01:00:45 PM
Just informing the guys that we're planning to play the final at Saturday 1100 CET.
Thanks for the info.

tags

A tough decision was made just before the match today. The Phin Phighters decided to release Tardis Laundry, their all-time top scorer, due to concerns about his health after suffering a fractured skull a few games ago. There had already been mutterings about him leaning slightly to the left all the time while running, and sometimes forgetting what he was about to do on the field. In post-game interviews, he has rarely remembered the match! Tardis recorded a solid 14 touchdowns in the 28 matches of his career, and was immediately inducted into The Phin Phighters hall of fame. A new emerging agile star in Brandname Gibson stepped up as the number 1 receiver today.

The teams lined up, Phin Phighters won the toss, and elected to receive. The first block of the match resulted in a badly hurt Boot, which pretty much set the tone for the game. Humans were dropping like flies, and the Ogre spent a considerable amount of time being bone-headed, while the Kroxigor had no such difficulties. A blitz! event on The Boots' first receiving drive pretty much sealed the deal. Not really a lot to write about, it was all Nuffle, and unfortunately not the exciting final one would've hoped for.

That said, I'm extremely happy to have the Lizards sent off with the final win :)

So, thanks for the game Barm, I did need Nuffle's help to win this, and I got it in a big way.

hakos

Congratulations to both of you for making the final but even more congratulations to the winner of NUL season 20. The Lizards !

I watched the match live. Have to say that Barm played a masterful defence in the first half. Inspiring what he managed to do despite being constantly outmuscled and outnumbered.

Second half, not much to say, the Blitz together with the heavy losses in the human team made it an impossible task for them.

EDIT: Should be noted that Kvasilad also played quite well, could only see 1 or 2 minor mistakes. So he is definitely a worthy Winner.

/hakos

Barmution

Congratz to Kvasi and the his mighty lizards!

Got a bit facerolled in this match but that's BB for you. Not an optimal match (or matchup) to get hit like that but I've been pretty lucky in our earlier showdowns so it evens out in the long run.

Been looking forward to dropping these wankers like they're hot for a while, so let's see if a season or two with Ogres will make me miss them ;)

Cheers for the match, Kvasi!
GG

J-Reedy

Congratz to the Lizzies!
Now get off the field you old geezers! New season is starting, we'll be wanting some fresh new blood on the field, not your old and stardom-clogged veteran blood!