Season 21 MD5

Started by J-Reedy, November 13, 2015, 09:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Quote from: Barmution on December 15, 2015, 10:04:15 PM
Quote from: hakos on December 15, 2015, 10:00:05 AM
Hi Barmution, do you happen to have any day-after-pills available? After four days of partying we can sure need it.

Anyway, I'm open for play in evenings starting between 18-20 and from saturday my 3 weeks vacation start meaning it should be relatively easy to find a time, except for normal christmas activities taking priority of course.

/Hakos

You name it, we either got it or can relabe... er... specially produce it for you. We aim to please!

How about tomorrow (Wednesday) at 1900?

Cheers,
Barm

Oops, sorry, I only check here once a day and missed your message totally.

But it would probably not have worked anyway, did some overtime and worked until 19:30.

New try? My originial statement still stands, although I'm a bit reluctant for today.

/hakos

Mr B

Quote from: equilibri on December 16, 2015, 01:42:45 PM
Quote from: Mr B on December 16, 2015, 10:36:04 AM
Quote from: equilibri on December 15, 2015, 05:22:14 AM
Bantha!

As for others I think this week is packed, but I have to holes in my calendar:

Fri 18/12: 19:30->

Sat 19/12: 19:30->

After that I can play Mon-Wed 19:30->

So, what do u say?
Yo.. ohh we are already here!
Nice.. this week is packed how about Tuesday next week then.. 21 cet.. as always?

Hmm... Tuesday won't work, sorry... Something came up that day.
So, monday or wednesday is left unless we wait until after christmas.
Ok.. np.. lets try Wednesday then.. 21 cet right?

The Golden Arrow

Thanks for the game Lasse. It felt like a really close game in that neither of us could succeed with anything. According to blood bowl manager I had much worse dice, but it felt like you failed all the important rolls so that evened out I think. Anyway, I am very happy with being able to squeeze out a win :)

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on December 17, 2015, 08:24:59 AM

But it would probably not have worked anyway, did some overtime and worked until 19:30.

New try? My originial statement still stands, although I'm a bit reluctant for today.

/hakos
Not a problem.

How about sometime on Saturday, relatively early? Say 12:00?

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

equilibri

Quote from: Mr B on December 17, 2015, 11:07:00 AM
Quote from: equilibri on December 16, 2015, 01:42:45 PM
Quote from: Mr B on December 16, 2015, 10:36:04 AM
Quote from: equilibri on December 15, 2015, 05:22:14 AM
Bantha!

As for others I think this week is packed, but I have to holes in my calendar:

Fri 18/12: 19:30->

Sat 19/12: 19:30->

After that I can play Mon-Wed 19:30->

So, what do u say?
Yo.. ohh we are already here!
Nice.. this week is packed how about Tuesday next week then.. 21 cet.. as always?

Hmm... Tuesday won't work, sorry... Something came up that day.
So, monday or wednesday is left unless we wait until after christmas.
Ok.. np.. lets try Wednesday then.. 21 cet right?

That sounds perfect! To play a game of BB the evening before Christmas is perfect!

See u on the field on wednesday!

hakos

Quote from: Barmution on December 17, 2015, 03:18:36 PM
Quote from: hakos on December 17, 2015, 08:24:59 AM

/hakos
Not a problem.

How about sometime on Saturday, relatively early? Say 12:00?

-Barm

Perfect !

See you tomorrow

/hakos

Barmution

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Barmution

Whee, Big Pharma gets their first win!

It was a match of two halves if there ever was one: 1st half the Ogres could barely make a dent in the Norsemen who easily blocked the path to the endzone until they overcommitted and the lone ball-carrying Ogre broke off with a lucky blitz. Alas, it was not to be as a plucky Runner smacked him down and that was the end of that. 2nd half the Norsemen stumbled out on the field, groaning and wailing and really looking worse for the wear. Official Big Pharma spokesmen has denied the allegations of traces of PacifyPlusMax being found in FestFixernas anonymously gifted barrels of Midwinter Blooding Ale, but the results spoke for themselves: Suddenly the Norsemen couldn't succeed with anything and a key handover resulted in the ball bouncing into the meaty fists of Urk Johnson who ultimately ran it in after the Ogres delivered an inspired series of punches to the softer parts of FestFixarna.

Thanks for the match and sorry again about that second half Hakos. I thought I had crap dice in the first one but your guys seemingly wanted to one up me on that.

On another note: Merry xmas to everybody :D
-Barm

hakos

The worst part, though, is probably that my AV6 runner got the MVP for the second time. :(

/hakos

Barmution

Ouch. Let's hope he rolls +ST or +AG to make up for it.

Mr B

Game is approved.. good luck

tags

Logged in and perusing the menus a bit early, so if you happen to see this before 12 I'm probably good to go.

tags

Finally! The philosophers get their first win of the season, and after much hypothesizing and theorizing, seem convinced that there is a Nuffle after all.

After electing to kick on the first drive, the rats put pressure on early. Through a series of highly unlikely rolls including a couple of spectacular 1D blocks, the rats manage to recover the pigskin and score a defensive touchdown. This seems to be Nuffle's way of saying sorry about the last few match days.

There was not really enough time for the Heroines to score back, although last-minute dodging outside a column defense was attempted and failed.

In the second half, skaven scored a quick touchdown as is (or rather, should be) pretty much par for the course for a skaven team. The rest of second half was less eventful, but the amazon could not really break through the skaven lines.

Biggest difference in luck I think was how many POWs I rolled compared to Gnaar. POW/PUSH was still the most common roll for us both, though, and with so much dodge on both sides, there was comparatively little violence. Amazingly, even with two AV7 teams, only one injury occured in the entire match, and that was a BH on one of my linerats in turn 16.

Thanks for the game Gnaarkill, always a pleasure. I'm impressed by how you manage to stay cheerful even when the dice so clearly go against you. It is an admirable quality! I'll have to work on that myself I think... :)

Gnaarkill

Quote from: kvasilad on December 20, 2015, 02:15:01 PM
Thanks for the game Gnaarkill, always a pleasure. I'm impressed by how you manage to stay cheerful even when the dice so clearly go against you. It is an admirable quality! I'll have to work on that myself I think... :)

And thank you Kvasi!

Very good summary! You definitely deserve the win m8, you played a solid and unusual skaven game wich confused me good, haha ;D
As i see it, I always try to see it as a game. And the mechanics of it is that sometimes the game hates you and that just the charm of it, haha! :D

Stay furry m8!

/Gnaar

Mr B

Last game of MD5.

Old rusty and the Valley of tricks!

The Trick was a Tree, and in the valley MB hanged around and said Hi!
The Old rusty tried, but felt old... and rusty.
The awesome Isis.. took it icy, and kept the nerves cool.
No pick up was to hard, no catch to foul.
But the 3 dodges needed failed on the second one.. to keep up and settle 1-1 in the dying old hours of first half.

Sobek, Blitz-Ra with tackle... heard Dodge when they shouted out his skill.. and no dodge was failed in the game 3 was made.
He is a ball hunter for sure.

Sure hands is a funny skill, the power of Reroll a failed pickup is mightier than a team RR.  :o
I did not believe this.. but it looks like it.
4+ Needs a Sure Hands RR and not a team rr to be successful, just so that is clear!  8)

So, Tree.. sorry I mean Three cas was delivered by the Tree, including niggling a rusty Mummy (it was actually two!).

Regen was 2 out of 4 leaps was 1 out of 2.
Going for it, 7/7 for the oiled knees, and 1/1 for the leaves.

To keep it "short", the Tree was tall and stood firm lots of points was earned.
Skill Zummary post-game:
A skill for the remaining rookie Mummy, earning it jummy jummy.
The thrower from the Valley got a skill together with his catcher alley.
The Fnatti Hatti got one in the first half meaning a long game to go until he will know.
The last Blitz-Ra, went Rooo as he grabbed the MVP and got one too.

Thanks for the game it was fun, I wish a merry Christmas to everyone!