Season 21 - MD2

Started by J-Reedy, November 13, 2015, 09:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Arrow

Thanks for the game Kvasi. Some early failed ball handling meant some hobgoblins managed to grab the ball on their offence and put it in the end zone on the last turn of the drive. The second half was a classic grind game where the dwarves slowly chewed through the rats and tried to find holes in their defence with my bull centaur roaring threats to everyone while holding the ball. I managed to get it in though and then stunned his gutter runner with a dwarf when he tried to reduce the score in the last turns. Quite friendly game overall despite alot of blocking. The only thing that happened was that my loner hobgoblin died in the last turn which we frankly care little about, slaves are cheap after all.

Barmution

Just... holy shit. Most epic 0-0 you will ever see. Two teams that manage close to nothing duke it out in 16 turns of pouring rain. 1st half Gnaar was really unlucky with his ball handling and 2nd half Bonehead came into play like nobody's business and only some well placed pows managed to save the draw for me. Crazy, crazy stuff.

Thanks for the match, Gnaar! Always a pleasure :)
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Thanks for the game Golden. Gotta be honest, that first half was completely brutal as it felt like mye gutter runners could just as easily have had ag1. Felt like I had multiple plausible ways to get to 1-0 in the first, but instead ended up with 0-1 against, that was pretty damn depressing. I think there were two turnovers from snake eyes in the first 3 or 4 turns.

Second half went pretty much as one could expect, couldn't stop the grind, couldn't break the cage. Can't really complain about dice there. The first half made me lose hope early, though, so it was difficult to enjoy the rest of the match.