S22 - Match Day 5

Started by J-Reedy, February 09, 2016, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Snyto

Hey Gnaar
Just want to throw this out here. As I mentioned in the Day 4-thread I'll be away on vacation from the 12th to the 19th of march. If day 4 gets done the next few days I can play on friday evening this week, otherwise I'm afraid the next opportunity is sunday the 20th and onwards from there.

May Nuffle look kindly upon the pitch.

/Snyto

Gnaarkill

Hi Snyto!

No worries m8! MD4 will not end before your vacation, me and Hakos match is now on Sunday.
So you can relax and enjoy your vacation instead :D

But anyway, sunday the 20th sounds good to me. Let's aim for that shall we?

/Gnaarkill

tags

I'm probably gonna have some similar vacation availability issues, MD5 may be a bit stretched I fear :D

Snyto

Quote from: Gnaarkill on March 09, 2016, 09:51:38 AM
Hi Snyto!

No worries m8! MD4 will not end before your vacation, me and Hakos match is now on Sunday.
So you can relax and enjoy your vacation instead :D

But anyway, sunday the 20th sounds good to me. Let's aim for that shall we?

/Gnaarkill

Sounds great, around 15-16 CET or do you have any other preferences?

/Snyto

Barmution

Hey Equi, looks like it's time for some ST5 shenanigans!

This week my starting times are as follows:
Tuesday 19-21
Thursday 19
Saturday 12-15
Sunday 12-13 and 21

Any of these suit you?

Cheers,
Barm

Edit: Removed late Thursday as I'm playing Kvasi in the BB2 league at that time.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

Match Day has been officially forwarded to day 5 so everybody should have their spps and stuff.

Okay, Kvasiman, time to see if your rodents can do any harm to my servers. Here are my OK starting times for the week (CET):
- Tuesday 18-20
- Wednesday 17-21
(-Thursday 17-20 but I guess you're playing Barm then)
- Saturday 15-late

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir.

Add-on: Oh yeah, just noticed that you mentioned vacation issues. No worries, just let me know when you're free.

equilibri

Quote from: Barmution on March 13, 2016, 07:49:13 PM
Hey Equi, looks like it's time for some ST5 shenanigans!

This week my starting times are as follows:
Tuesday 19-21
Thursday 19
Saturday 12-15
Sunday 12-13 and 21

Any of these suit you?

Cheers,
Barm

Edit: Removed late Thursday as I'm playing Kvasi in the BB2 league at that time.

I think tomorrow, tuesday 19:00, sounds like a great matchtime for me!
I am a little scared for this match, but I hope the sand will be in your eyes so you misplace all your players... :D

See u tomorrow!

Barmution

Quote from: equilibri on March 14, 2016, 08:33:07 AM
I think tomorrow, tuesday 19:00, sounds like a great matchtime for me!
I am a little scared for this match, but I hope the sand will be in your eyes so you misplace all your players... :D

See u tomorrow!
Cool :)

Tbh I think I'm the one that should be scared; your team has absolutely everything it needs to beat the Ogres, even at the things we're supposed to be good at. I think Guard on the TGs will be massive for you.

See you tomorrow!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Snyto on March 09, 2016, 12:24:27 PM

Sounds great, around 15-16 CET or do you have any other preferences?

/Snyto

Yo Snyto!

I would prefer to play at around 20.00, if that suits you, sir?  8)

/Gnaar

Barmution

I'll let Equi handle this match report. Mostly because I can barely keep myself from breaking the desk in fury over that match. Lord almighty what a complete failure.

equilibri

And so, as it was written in the old tombs of the kings of the giant dusty wastes, Ye Old Dusty Ones brought "The Curse of Eternal Sand in Your Eyes" to the match against Big Pharma!
Just as the scribes had foretold the ogres of Big Pharma did not expect to have sand and scarabs disturbing their bashing, so something inside them snapped.

They started of pretty good. The ball was kicked into the audience, and passed back to a rookie ogre who securily kept it behind the wall of muscles his teammates provided.
Some bones were crushed, and some skulls were shattered. The game was looking to become a pile of bones and a humiliating loss for the Khemri team.

But then came the wizard! An amazing fireball came blasting down from the stands like a comet, and the target was the ballhandler! BAM!

When the dust had settled all the ogres were still standing, and even the snotlings behind them just dusted some dirt from their shoulders and laughed. The Khemri were shocked! Was this all the mage could do?

For 150'000 gold!!!!! Insane...

Well, then it turned...

The wizard had released The Curse upon the Ogres!

From that moment on it was no more good blocks, no easy pickups and only a lot of stupidity in the team.
And the most stupid of them all (now blaming his old mother for giving him the name Dorko...) was Dorko Merck who failed as many as 8 (!) Bonehead-rolls in the game! And 6 of them really mattered a lot!

Well, the Old Ones could just block blindly, and jump around like elves, without even bothering to do something smart.
The curse did it all for them.
Even when they failed to push a potential blitzer from the Ogres into a spot where he could not move, the curse just gave a skeleton AG9 and he dodged like some elf and placed himself in the way of the blitz!

Well, not much to say. When you open the wrong tomb, the curse will get you. And once again Ye Old Dusty Ones have gotten away with a win!

Well, I am really sorry 'bout the game, Barm!
It was insanely unfair and I played like a basket of rotten onion, but sometimes Nuffle just get drunk and let it go.

Really hope your next game goes way better and that maybe you can get your revenge in a final against me!

Barmution

No worries, mate.

Again, sorry that I let it get to me and cursed so much. Hoping this isn't the end of the Big Pharma good luck this season.

Gratz and hope we can meet again in the finals :)

Cheers,
Barm

hakos

EXTRA EXTRA - FestFixarna's Team Captain Oscar Ouzo Died Naturally

That is, he was killed by an angry Saurus on the field of Blood Boowl.

Thin-Lizzy's and FestFixarna hosted the party of a life time, at least for the life time of Oscar, plenty of beer and strange music combined to create an eventful and entertaining evening for the crowd.

The Lizards received first but had some problems to break through the norse defense and had to take a gamble. In turn 7 their lone skink was set to score in the last turn. However, the norse only needed a dodge with their dodgy runner to get a 2 dice blitz on him, with RR. But of course the dodge failed and first half ended 1-0 to the Lizards.

Second half was even more exciting. Norse received the ball and as normal it was Oscar who picked it up. After running over half the field he stopped dead in his track. The norse lost the ball, their team captain, 29 spp and one leader RR. Not a happy moment.

Some turns later some red skulls enabled the norse to bring back the ball where it belonged. It even bounced directly into the hand of the runner and fast as the wind he could run where no one could catch him. Probably because almost all skinks had left the field at that time. And in turn 15 he scored 1-1.

A draw seems to be a fair result. Dices were even. 2 CAS each, 1 successful pass each, same amount of wild animal and bone head, etc.

All in all, thanks for the match Lasseman, it was quite enjoyable.

/hakos

Lars

Thanks Hakos for a nice match to bad about the death and the drunk doctor

/Lars