S22 - Match Day 5

Started by J-Reedy, February 09, 2016, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on March 14, 2016, 08:21:25 AM
Match Day has been officially forwarded to day 5 so everybody should have their spps and stuff.

Okay, Kvasiman, time to see if your rodents can do any harm to my servers. Here are my OK starting times for the week (CET):
- Tuesday 18-20
- Wednesday 17-21
(-Thursday 17-20 but I guess you're playing Barm then)
- Saturday 15-late

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir.

Add-on: Oh yeah, just noticed that you mentioned vacation issues. No worries, just let me know when you're free.

Hey man, sorry for being tardy, I've been on a really tight schedule. As it stands now, I think I'll be able to play most of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, although I'd prefer to play earlier in the day if at all possible (or... really late, I suppose)

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on March 17, 2016, 11:08:32 PM
Hey man, sorry for being tardy, I've been on a really tight schedule. As it stands now, I think I'll be able to play most of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, although I'd prefer to play earlier in the day if at all possible (or... really late, I suppose)

No problem, you mentioned the vacation so I assumed you'd be busy. Sunday 12-17 and Tuesday 18-21 would work for me. Let me know if either of those suits you, sir.

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on March 18, 2016, 04:04:15 AM

No problem, you mentioned the vacation so I assumed you'd be busy. Sunday 12-17 and Tuesday 18-21 would work for me. Let me know if either of those suits you, sir.

Sunday at 13 sounds perfect!

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on March 18, 2016, 08:01:23 AM

Yep, let's lock it up. See ya then.

Snyto

Quote from: Gnaarkill on March 14, 2016, 04:07:39 PM
Quote from: Snyto on March 09, 2016, 12:24:27 PM

Sounds great, around 15-16 CET or do you have any other preferences?

/Snyto

Yo Snyto!

I would prefer to play at around 20.00, if that suits you, sir?  8)

/Gnaar

Hey there
I'm back from le France where much rejoicing was had. 20 should work for me. Let's make it a date.

/Snyto

tags

Quote from: kvasilad on March 18, 2016, 08:01:23 AM
Quote from: J-Reedy on March 18, 2016, 04:04:15 AM

I'm sorry, but I'll be a few minutes late, probably around 1310

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Snyto on March 19, 2016, 06:54:11 PM

Hey there
I'm back from le France where much rejoicing was had. 20 should work for me. Let's make it a date.

/Snyto

Haha nice to hear Snyto ;D
Cool, see you tonight m8!

/Gnaarkill

J-Reedy

KHORNE'S SERVERS PROVED TO BE GNAW AND RAIN PROOF
Testing of Khorne's Servers continued today with a team of skaven experts who were to subject the wiring of servers to some hard gnawing and clawing while keeping the server's data handling occupied with hard-hitting philosophical questions. The new anti-gnawing procedurals developed for the servers proved to be supreme, with more than third of the testers getting so frustrated that they abandoned the test totally and another third of testers getting knocked down and out while trying to breach the server security. However, the new anti-gnawing procedurals seem to produce some cross-platform issues with spherical object handling calculations that cause the pick-up procedure to abandon in middle of the process. On the other hand, the servers were also noted to be water-proof during the tests with sudden burst of rain starting shortly before the second half of test procedure and lasting throughout rest of test.

Servers started. The first two turns ended with failed pickup, and suddenly an uber-agile Gutter Runner leaped, dodge, picked up and scored. Another try for Servers, and this time the ball got picked up. Then the ball-carrier was blitzed down. And then the pick-up failed. And then a Gutter Runner appeared and scored. Down 2-0 and it started raining. On positive sides, philosophers proofed to be uncapable of handling technical bashing skills of servers which meant that Kvasilad played half of the game with max 7 players. Managed to get the ball away from skavens at midpoint of second half and score with 2 turns remaining for Servers. Lucky un-pickup of the ball from +ag runner gave me chance to equalize with pickup, handoff and gfi. That was done and much rejoicing was had. Kvasilad played really well considering how undermanned he was. Better luck in rest of the games!

tags

Thanks for the game J-R, it was actually one of the more fun games I've had with this team :)

Sure I guess the armour/injury dice were against me, but I had some stellar luck with crazy agility plays, which more than compensated for the fun factor. Trying to stall the game with 4 players on the pitch was a bit rough, though :D

Trouble is, I had just gotten a new kicker after the last one died, and finally been able to afford to field 4 gutter runners again. This match, the new kicker dies too, and a GR is MNG for the next match. Oh well :P

Gnaarkill

The match between Greasier Lightning and The Lustria Heroines has been settled and I can confirm, The Heroines non-loosing streak continues.
Even though this time was not that certain. It had to go the distance before Lady Organa could squeeze in that TD to tie the match.
It was overall a very even match. Greasier lightning snatched a TD in turn 8. After that the match was a nailbiter. But a fair result from my point of view and I hope Snyto thinks the same :)

Thanks for the game Snyto m8! ;D
And GG!

No fluff text this time. But hopefully there will be a small excerpt from Lustria Blood Bowl Magazine next week, haha! ;D

Snyto

Quote from: Gnaarkill on March 20, 2016, 10:05:12 PM
The match between Greasier Lightning and The Lustria Heroines has been settled and I can confirm, The Heroines non-loosing streak continues.
Even though this time was not that certain. It had to go the distance before Lady Organa could squeeze in that TD to tie the match.
It was overall a very even match. Greasier lightning snatched a TD in turn 8. After that the match was a nailbiter. But a fair result from my point of view and I hope Snyto thinks the same :)

Thanks for the game Snyto m8! ;D
And GG!

No fluff text this time. But hopefully there will be a small excerpt from Lustria Blood Bowl Magazine next week, haha! ;D

Indeed a good game! Played in a sweltering heat the whole game made for an interesting dynamic even though the number of drives was pretty limited. First half felt frustrating since I couldn't make a clean breakthrough of the defensive lady lines until the two hero skinks managed a daring breakthrough. The TD was snatched by a masterful little lizard who managed to dodge into 2 TZ:s, pick up the ball, dodge out (twice) and score after a GFO. Elven bullshit moves at its' finest.
Second half developed into a stalling game where the heavy lizard line got lured deeper into the lady zone while a small contingent of amazonians pushed through by the edge, hurling skinks before them. Even a lightning bolt downing the ball carrier in the end couldn't stop the lustrious longlegs who promptly reinforced the push with a new one and in the last turn (we thought) managed to squeeze out the equialising TD. After that a goblin sneaked in and confused the ref who turned back the clock, alas it was not enough time for either side to produce anything worth while in terms of scoring or casualties.

Thanks for the match and good luck with the remaining bouts!

/Snyto