BB2 - MD2

Started by Mr B, February 10, 2016, 05:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on February 25, 2016, 09:48:39 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on February 24, 2016, 06:16:18 PM
All right! Thursday 21 looks good now, let's go for that.

Cool! See you tonight m8!

/Gnaar

On my way, will be approx 2-3 mins

tags

I stupidly forgot to screen-grab the actual results screen, but the match has been validated by us both (I love that system btw), and it resulted in a rather silly 3-0 win for the Bretonnians.

It was a game of silly dice.

EDIT: This is how silly it was: http://tinyurl.com/jrkq45g (thanks to Mr. B for digging out that site)

Barmution

Nice stats!

Btw, somebody really, really likes Welle:Erdball ;)

Can't believe I didn't get the reference before, Gnaar!
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Mr B

Yes quite nice stats.
I have to upload my own game to understand it all.
And of course I take no credit for the site.
Just happy we can use it.

Mr B

I must admit I do not really see the stats so very clear.

Some dice of mine are actually the opp and the other way around.
Trying to grip the % and No.. I do not get it. :-[

tags

Quote from: Mr B on February 26, 2016, 09:43:56 PM

Well, it's definitely "information overload", and it'd be nice to have some kind of summary like BBM, even though you could dispute the accuracy/relevancy of that summary...

But additionally, there appears to be some bugs there. I don't think it's BB2's fault though, I think it's bugs in the parser by Ones and Skulls. The XMLs from BB2 really dump a looot of info. Going through some of this stuff myself atm.

Mr B

Quote from: kvasilad on February 26, 2016, 10:23:19 PM
Quote from: Mr B on February 26, 2016, 09:43:56 PM

Well, it's definitely "information overload", and it'd be nice to have some kind of summary like BBM, even though you could dispute the accuracy/relevancy of that summary...

But additionally, there appears to be some bugs there. I don't think it's BB2's fault though, I think it's bugs in the parser by Ones and Skulls. The XMLs from BB2 really dump a looot of info. Going through some of this stuff myself atm.
Alright, that's great.
And I still get more and more confirmation that this dice generator is fucked up.
Just played Human vs H-Elf.. second game for both, 3 blitzer vs 2 blitzer as I had one mng..
I have a ogre but he caused two ko's without needing the MB.

So, I score the first and Final goal in my turn 16.. and we are in total.. 11 players on the field.
I do not think I have ever seen so many cas, ko's & stuns as I now see.
So two av8 team more or less, and 5 each removed from the field in the dying moments of the game... totally insane.

tags

Well, forgive my skepticism, but I have a hard time thinking they've made serious errors with their random number generation. Blood Bowl has always been full of insane results, and well, truly random dice do make for insane results and not 'average' ones a lot of the time. That's kind of what makes BB so fun, as well as so potentially frustrating. I think this goes back to before there was a computer game version, with people thinking the actual dice were somehow cursed or weighted.

Either way, if there are bugs with dice-rolling, it will become apparent on long-time stats, as these things should mathematically even out after a season or three with all rolls collected. I'm not holding my breath, though. And we do get the actual rolls in the xml.

Mr B

Quote from: kvasilad on February 27, 2016, 10:02:44 AM
Well, forgive my skepticism, but I have a hard time thinking they've made serious errors with their random number generation. Blood Bowl has always been full of insane results, and well, truly random dice do make for insane results and not 'average' ones a lot of the time. That's kind of what makes BB so fun, as well as so potentially frustrating. I think this goes back to before there was a computer game version, with people thinking the actual dice were somehow cursed or weighted.

Either way, if there are bugs with dice-rolling, it will become apparent on long-time stats, as these things should mathematically even out after a season or three with all rolls collected. I'm not holding my breath, though. And we do get the actual rolls in the xml.
Cool. I'm total aware of dices and it's randomness so no finger's pointing anywhere but last and first two human games vs orc and h-elf ended with 11 casualties.
That is abit to much for my stomach. Of course it could happened which is why I'd like to be able to see them all in a good way as total numbers vs total dices rolled.

Cheers!

Barmution

Rutten Gunners narrowly squeak out a 2-1 win again, this time vs the Pink Orcs of Equi who managed to scramble for an equalizer after going down 1-0 in their own drive. Gutter Runner agility and a slight oversight on the Orc coach's side was the only thing that kept the Orcs from holding the draw and coach Barmution let out a sigh of relief as the final TD was run in.

Thanks for the match Equi, became more of a thriller than I really wanted :P
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Mr B

Quote from: Mr B on February 24, 2016, 01:10:54 PM
Quote from: J-Reedy on February 24, 2016, 12:17:37 PM
Quote from: Mr B on February 24, 2016, 09:58:36 AM
Sigh..  Friday is not working..
Bbwc stepped in. Sorry what about Monday?

Monday is a no-go, it's the regular board-gaming night. Gnaarkill snatched up the Tuesday, so the earliest possible is day Wednesday the 2nd next week. Can't tell any further with any kind of certainty but Friday the 4th might be free.
Let's try Wednesday then.
Thanks!
Geez, Wednesday was booked for business meeting, I might be home until 21 anyhow, just so you know If I'm a bit late.
Keeping you updated.

Cheers!

J-Reedy

Quote from: Mr B on February 28, 2016, 03:27:27 PM
Geez, Wednesday was booked for business meeting, I might be home until 21 anyhow, just so you know If I'm a bit late.
Keeping you updated.

Cheers!

OK, Wednesday is OK for till about 21.30 me so let me know.

Mr B

Quote from: J-Reedy on February 29, 2016, 03:56:31 AM
Quote from: Mr B on February 28, 2016, 03:27:27 PM
Keeping you updated.

Cheers!

OK, Wednesday is OK for till about 21.30 me so let me know.
Looks like my meeting tomorrow is cancelled.
Np starting 21 as agreed on and I just might start earlier also if wanted... Like 30min earlier.
Cheers
B

J-Reedy

Quote from: Mr B on March 01, 2016, 02:42:29 PM

Looks like my meeting tomorrow is cancelled.
Np starting 21 as agreed on and I just might start earlier also if wanted... Like 30min earlier.
Cheers
B

OK, I'll be online from 20.30 onwards. NP if you can't make it earlier, I'll be there anyways.

Mr B

Sorry. Right with ya