Season 23 Sign-Up - no TV limits

Started by J-Reedy, April 03, 2016, 03:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

In a seedy bar situated at a seedy part of the seediest town ...yeah well, you're right, the most seediest town around is actually Flowerly Meadows but that's just because they are the capital of flower industry and produce 90 per cent of the flower seeds in the old world and that's beside the point as with seedy we don't mean actually seeds but something being seedy which means... ...that they have lot's of seeds?... this doesn't add up. Let's start again. You ready for it? All right, here goes.
In a bar of bad reputation - which definately doesn't have any flower seeds in it -at an ill-repute part... What? No, they are not sick. What makes... oh yeah... ill-repute doesn't mean that but... Just forget about it. Let's start again.
In a bar of bad reputation at a shady... NO, IT'S NOT BECAUSE LACK OF SUN! JUST SHUT UP AND LET ME TELL THIS!
In a bar of bad reputation at a... very bad part of a... very violent town two groups were eying each other with disdain while sitting at their tables. On a shady corner there were two tall and gloomy blokes who looked like their skin had been batched up from six different persons and sewn together by a blind-man. With them, sitting around a crowded table were two very furry persons, two knightly looking persons wearing helmets that seemed to have nothing but fire inside them and a clutter of skeletons. All of them... and rest of the male patrons of the bar and even two of the females (but that's an another story) were eying the table at the other end of bar which was occupied by if not the most beatiful women in the world, definately the most scantly clad women around. To the disappointment of other patrons this group seemed not to be interested in anything other but the rag-tagged group of undeads around the other table. There was silence between the two groups that was only interrupted from time to time by the sound of an amazon fist hitting a drunkard foolish enough to make an advance on the more womenly group. This lasted for what seemed like hours before the more fanged one of the furry blokes stood up and proclaimed: "He'll choose us. He knows we have more potential and that our gentlemanly manners will make him proud!". The silence returned and lasted a while until a dark-haired woman who looked more muscular than agile than rest of her comrades retorted: "He may love your skills but with us... he loves just us. He'll choose us."
Suddenly the door of the bar opened and a group of half-naked cultists, two of them walking on crutches and all of them dressed in ridiculous leather-thongs, walked in with some lesser-daemons. The tallest daemon bellowed: "HE'LL CHOOSE US! FOR WE ARE THE SERVERS OF KHORNE!". There was silence that lasted a second before the whole bar exploded in laughter and the deamon group was forced out by the litter of pints, glasses, pennies, a goblin and assorted junk thrown at them. As the last of the cultists stepped out, the silence returned and the stares between the two groups seemed to get more intense minute by minute. Just as it looked like the stares might explode into full-fledged fight, the silence was interrupted by a silent creak of the bar door opening. All eyes turned to the door where stood a lone figure in silence. He looked at the both groups with his gaze darting from figure to figure. Then the man spoke: "I choose..."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SIGN-UP FOR THE NUL SEASON 23 IS NOW OPEN!

Official Stuff
----------------------------
- This is the 3rd season from the set of 3, so there will be no TV limits. You can play with any team that has been used ONLY in previous NUL leagues.
- Only new teams or teams that have been played in previous NUL-leagues.
- League will be played with normal 1 match week per 1 real-time week pace.
- As last season, we'll be enforcing the rule that if you don't show up to play a game on agreed time AND you don't tell about your absense at least an hour before the match in the forum, you'll forfeit the game with an 2-0 admin loss to your opponent who is waiting for you.
- ALL NEW COACHES ARE WELCOME! This is your chance of glory by starting every game with treasure trove of incentives! Start a goblin team and start practicing how to spend 1 000 000 gold pieces in incentives in three minutes!

INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW COACHES:
1. Read the introductory thread with the explanation on league structure HERE.
2: Create an account on this forum. Note that due to high activity from spam-bots, admins have to approve your account before you can post here. This shouldn't take longer than a day or two.
3: Post a reply in this thread that you want to join.
4: Read the "Essential rules" section HERE and post a reply in that thread that you have understood the rules.
5: The admin team will add you on the participant list in this post.

OLD Coaches now the drill, just tell what team you'll be taking to the trophy hunt.

---------------------------------------
As the most astute of you might've guessed by the lengthy prewords, I'll be in and I'll choose between Cougar Kittens (amazon) and Gentlemen Wolf-Whistlers (necros).

SIGNED UP:
1. J-Reedy - one or the another (amazons or necros)
2. Equilibri - something something
3. Hakos - Getingarna (humans)
4. Barmution - Big Pharma (ogres)
5. Kvasilad - The Phin Phighters (lizards)
6. Snyto - Smashy grabby throwy nomz (goblins)
7. Mr B - MuminDalen's Mischiefs (woodies)
8. Gnaarkill - Lustria heroines (amazons)
9. Lars - The caotic dudes (chaos)
10. ?The Golden Arrow?
11. ...your team here....

I'll open up another thread for the discussion on whether the future seasons after the 23rd should be played in BB 1 or BB 2.

tags

So, as mentioned in the other thread, I think I'll pass on playing season 23 because I'm struggling to fit two games a week into my schedule atm.

equilibri

I will play, but I have not decided if I continue with my dusty ones, or if there will be a return of an old team... Depends on the final match... :D

hakos

I'm in, but what to select?

Since this might be the last season with these old teams from BB1, pehaps I should go with the only team that I have won a season with, Opa Gangnam Style?

Perhaps it is time for the return of the Dark Sith Lords, agility 5 is never wrong.

Or maybe my first ever team in NUL, the human team that I have played longer than any other team?

But the norsemans have only got two seasons to prove themselves, perhaps they should get a third chance?

A completely new halfling team on the other hand, that would be a hilarious ending...

Choices, choices

/hakos

Barmution

I'm currently on the fence about this one. As with kvasi I think I'll move to BB2 for NUL if we get a persistent league up and running, especially if Cyanide releases the four next teams (Necro, Uwd, Norse and Nurgle) for free shortly.

Anyway, put me down as a maybe w the Ogres.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Hmm, I've been re-thinking this. As this is quite possibly the last BB1 season and hence last opportunity to play with old NUL teams, I guess I will join after all. But not with the skaven. It's down to one of my two winniest teams, The Partly Animals or The Phin Phighters.

Snyto

Hey ho
I'll join you for another season, open spots permitting, though I'm ambivalent wether to field the greasy lizards again or go the inducement route and concentrate on seeding chaos on the pitch with a horde of gobbos. Most likely it'll be the lizards but I'll let you know shortly.

/Snyto

tags

Quote from: Snyto on April 04, 2016, 09:16:08 AM
Hey ho
I'll join you for another season, open spots permitting, though I'm ambivalent wether to field the greasy lizards again or go the inducement route and concentrate on seeding chaos on the pitch with a horde of gobbos. Most likely it'll be the lizards but I'll let you know shortly.

/Snyto

My preferred team would probably be The Phin Phighters (lizards), but probably don't want two lizzie teams in one season, so I think my choice depends on your choice :D

Mr B

I think my woodies have to try my woodies again.

Snyto

Quote from: kvasilad on April 04, 2016, 09:28:07 AM
Hey ho

/Snyto

My preferred team would probably be The Phin Phighters (lizards), but probably don't want two lizzie teams in one season, so I think my choice depends on your choice :D

Field your lizards, I'll do something that's more suited to being an underdog TV-wise  :P  What it'll be is yet to be decided but I think the greasy bastards need a softer start to properly flourish.

Gnaarkill

That flavor text though, J-R!
Brilliant absolutly brilliant, kudos to you sir! ;D

Lustria Heroines will go the distance of course! One grand finale for Coach Gnaarkill and then hes of for new grand adventures in updated textures, haha ;D

/Gnaarkill

Snyto

Quote from: Snyto on April 04, 2016, 01:50:30 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on April 04, 2016, 09:28:07 AM
Hey ho

/Snyto

Field your lizards, I'll do something that's more suited to being an underdog TV-wise  :P 
What it'll be is yet to be decided but I think the greasy bastards need a softer start to properly flourish.

After a short deliberation I'll go do what I maybe should've done from the start. Enter the Smashy grabby throwy nomz, a fearless squad of gobbos looking to invade the pitch. They might not be the strongest but they sure make a run for the money on noisiest.

Barmution

Quote from: Snyto on April 06, 2016, 10:47:44 PM
After a short deliberation I'll go do what I maybe should've done from the start. Enter the Smashy grabby throwy nomz, a fearless squad of gobbos looking to invade the pitch. They might not be the strongest but they sure make a run for the money on noisiest.
Good stuff!

Now I really can't back out of fielding Big Pharma again :D Let the stunty-off commence!
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Barmution on April 07, 2016, 08:54:07 AM
Quote from: Snyto on April 06, 2016, 10:47:44 PM
Good stuff!

Now I really can't back out of fielding Big Pharma again :D Let the stunty-off commence!

That's the spirit Barm! ;D

Oh, how i long to squish some tiny greenskins, haha ;D

hakos

After some consideration I have decided to join with Getingarna (Humans).

My very first NUL team.

Feels fitting to end BB1 using my first team.

/hakos

P.S: will there be some reminders for others to join as well? Perhaps there are more that want to join with their old team one last time?