Blood Bowl 1 / Blood Bowl 2 - when to change?

Started by J-Reedy, April 03, 2016, 03:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you have Blood Bowl 2?

Yes
9 (100%)
No, but thinking about getting it
0 (0%)
No, and not going to get it anytime soon
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

J-Reedy

OK, let's start the discussion for future seasons of NUL after the 23rd which will definately be played in the old client.

I've added a poll to this thread to map out how many of us already have the BB2. As we're a small league, there's no point in moving into BB2 if too many of us don't have it. So let's just first see, what's the situation here.

tags

I have to say that it's been more stressful than I anticipated to play two games a week actually, and since starting to work on bb2replayer, I feel a lot more invested in the BB2 games. So I'm thinking about going all-in on BB2 already now, and maybe skipping season 23 of the regular season (I'm sure my hopeless playing of the rats is also a contributing factor).

hakos

Currently I only have BB1, but I can get BB2 whenever we decides to switch over to BB2.

/hakos

Snyto

I've picked up BB2 as well and after adjusting some stuff it almost felt like BB1 again but with nicer graphics for sure. The "block replay" animations though pretty gets tiring pretty fast when you want to move through a game. I think they'd benefit from making those a bit more random or at least lower the frequency for them happening if they expect people to leave them enabled.

As noted in the S23-thread, the lack of teams to pick between might currently be a downer but more are coming so the swap shouldn't be as limiting as before. I'd say go for BB1 for S23 and then swap over.

$0.02

/Snyto

tags

Quote from: Snyto on April 04, 2016, 09:21:15 AM
I've picked up BB2 as well and after adjusting some stuff it almost felt like BB1 again but with nicer graphics for sure. The "block replay" animations though pretty gets tiring pretty fast when you want to move through a game. I think they'd benefit from making those a bit more random or at least lower the frequency for them happening if they expect people to leave them enabled.

I've set them to "Armour breaks only" in settings, works for me.

Quote from: Snyto on April 04, 2016, 09:21:15 AM
As noted in the S23-thread, the lack of teams to pick between might currently be a downer but more are coming so the swap shouldn't be as limiting as before. I'd say go for BB1 for S23 and then swap over.

$0.02

/Snyto

Agree with this

Mr B

tags

New teams are great, but I'm almost more curious about bugfixes and such. Also curious about whether I'll see significant changes to replay files :)

Gnaarkill

+1 for the change to BB2 after S23 :)

/Gnaarkill

hakos

Ok, got BB2 today, changed my vote, so now it shows a 100% result.

Just tried it for 10 minutes and got quite stressed by the interface. Seems I have some re-learning to do.

Will probably get back tomorrow with some questions...

Seems I got the same coach name as in BB1 so I will at least be easy to recognise.

/hakos

Barmution

Wooo!

100%! Strength through unity! Etc, etc.

Welcome aboard the hype train :D
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Ok, so this means that everybody has access to the new platform. But are we all ready to move to the new platform?
If people feel they want to stay in the old one, maybe thats better, since in my opinion... loosing people due to a platform change, is not an option :)

Soo, what do you guys think?
Change or Stay?

tags

I really want to move to BB2, but I agree that if we lose players, it's probably not worth it. It's not like there are way too many in here.

Mr B

Quote from: kvasilad on August 29, 2016, 01:52:31 PM
I really want to move to BB2, but I agree that if we lose players, it's probably not worth it. It's not like there are way too many in here.
I think we should move on.
Because I need a break anyhow.

New job incoming etc.
I'll catch you later on bb2... Just not now.

hakos

I think we should move on to BB2, despite me not having become friend with the interface yet. I just have to learn.

/Hakos