S22 - THE FINAL

Started by J-Reedy, April 15, 2016, 07:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

- Sir, here is the final pairing of the NUL for registration.
- Let me see... Pudgeworthless! You fool, I asked for folders of the teams playing in finals, not the folders of the teams with highest concentration of dum-dums and strengthies who have no chance of playing in the finals!
- Sir, those are the teams in the final. They both hired tactical geniuses as their head coaches and finished their season in top 2.
- Unbelievable!

Yes, two of teams who definately belong to the group of toughest to play teams are in the final. So let's give a big hand for these two coaches. Yes, that Troll hand will do. Here guys, split it between you twos. And now give us some entertainment! On with the final!

equilibri

Well, that was a presentation that really boosted my confidence! :D

So, Barm, how does your future look?

I think these times are good times to play:

• Sat 16/4: 12:00-> (have to start at 14:00 the latest...)
  • Sun 17/4: All day long! :D
  • Mon 18/4: 19:00->
  • Tue 19/4: 19:00->

Just tell me the day and time and I will bring my bones to your boneheads!  ;)

Barmution

Hehe, nice one JR :D

I can play today (Saturday) at 12-14, earlier being preferable to me too. I'll check in here regularly from now on to see if you've responeded. If not then tomorrow is pretty open too, just shoot me a start time between 10 and 13 or at 21.

Looking forward to this, boneheads vs bones is a very apt description :)
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

equilibri

Quote from: Barmution on April 16, 2016, 09:07:44 AM
Hehe, nice one JR :D

I can play today (Saturday) at 12-14, earlier being preferable to me too. I'll check in here regularly from now on to see if you've responeded. If not then tomorrow is pretty open too, just shoot me a start time between 10 and 13 or at 21.

Looking forward to this, boneheads vs bones is a very apt description :)
-Barm

Perfect!

If u see this before 12:30 than maybe we can start then?
I will check in here before that to see if u answered.

Barmution

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Barmution

Oh, you meant play at 12.30? Ok, I'll check back in then.

Cheers!

equilibri

Quote from: Barmution on April 16, 2016, 12:03:18 PM
Oh, you meant play at 12.30? Ok, I'll check back in then.

Cheers!

Yeah! See u on the field in 10 minutes!

Barmution

Extra! Extra! Massive uproar at Cowpenhagen stadium as Ogres win the final! Read allabuddit here!

Fielding a skeleton crew (!) of only 11 players, the Khemri side knew that they had to pull some magic out of the old hat to stay on the field. To that end they had commissioned a wizard to help them rummage around inside said hat and a Bloodweiser babe to entice sleepy skellies to wake up. The Ogres were close to full capacity, being 6 Ogres strong and 8 Snotlings weak. As the whistle blew the Ogres shot into action with inhuman reflexes but a shot at taking down a Blitz-Ra was wasted as the last remaining Ogre to move stood drooling despite all the goading and crying coach Barmution could muster. After this dramatic start the Khemri first struggled against the stronger opponents but soon found out that there was a simple strategy to making the Ogres positioning moot: Soon they were dancing around the pitch like Elves, dodging out from the trickiest of situations and working their way downfield. Coach Barmution raged impotently (as per usual) to no effect (as per usual) but eventually the Ogres managed to hurt off a Tomb Guardian and squeezed into contact with enough of the Khemri to force them to cast a lightning bolt at the Ogre marking the ball carrier to avoid having to rely on yet more dance moves. 1-0 to the Khemri!

But! This is where the magnificient Snotling, Vico Dan, stepped up! After a high kick landing in the arms of a compatriot Snotling and the LoS was removed by gentle Ogre prodding, Vico was handed the ball and then was himself launched into the air, barely scraping by to make the landing. He was well within reach of the end zone and helped by his natural tinyness dodged himself to an equalizer while the stadium went certifiably apeshit (they should selling that stuff in the stands).

In the 2nd half the Ogres set up a full squad of 11 versus a visibly thinning Khemri line of 9. Lacking a TG soon proved to be quite the hassle for the dusty bonebags and while they herocially made some great moves to harass the Ogres in their backfield, the struggle eventually proved too much when a 2nd TG left the pitch. The Khemri managed a sack of the ball near the dying minutes of the match but the Ogres covered it up and another Snotling could run in the winner.

This leaves NUL with a lot of questions: How could this happen? How could NUL fall to the point of having a gang of drooling gorillas as their resident champs? Many theories have been fielded: The Ogres have been amazingly resilient during the season, neither fists nor boots have made much impact on the team's brutes. Other people have pointed to the fact that their opponents have been either fresh teams of dubious qualities or really, really thinly armoured players that just want to leave the pitch to stay safe. Others again point to the team name and the two amazingly skilled blocker Ogres that seem to have acted as pillars of the team when not using all their mental capabilities to watch butterflies or thrown simian fecal matter pass by; drugs certainly are not out of the question. One thing is certain: NUL needs to step up and teach these lumbering boneheads a lesson for their next and sort of final season. Which heroic team will step up take upon themselves to stare down the Johnson brothers? Stay tuned to find out!

Match wise:
First half was close to a nightmare for the Ogres as Khemri kept dancing out of the tight spots we put them in up until we managed to remove that one TG and when Equi was forced to blow the wizard to score (or take a coinflip shot at dodging the carrier) I felt the tables where turning. Then Vico Dan scored the 1-turner and I knew the game was mine to lose. 2nd half was almost turned around early by some great play by Equi that really put the pressure on my carrier and had the Ogres failed more boneheads that turn the final score would potentially have been very, very different. But they sort of behaved and I was eventually rewarded by a failed dodge and got into a cage and from there on, it was hard for Equi to do much and when another TG left the field he had to pull out some serious tricks to stop me. He managed the sack, but the scatter was ok for me and I managed to tie up his guys and pick up the ball w another Snotling and that's all she wrote.

Thanks for an intense game, Equi! Was a blast, although that 1st half may pushed my blood pressure to stupidly high levels :P
You'll get your shot at revenge next season as I can't back out of fielding the chumps...er, champs and try to defend the title...

Thanks to everybody for an amazing season, it's been wild and I'd never have believed this outcome if anybody had even hinted to it at the start of this team's career. Cheers to Nuffle (you won't hear me say that often)!

hakos

Wow, that is certainly two unexpected final teams, and it seems to have been a worthy final.

Flying snotlings that score will always get my vote as best way to impress the audience. Although dodging skeletons and what'nots are a close runner up.

Congratulations to your first (I hink) final place Equilibri.

Congratulations to the victory Barmution, well played.

/hakos

tags

Wooo, congratulations! Very impressive to pull this off with an Ogre team, I must say.

J-Reedy

Gratz Barm! OK, seems I have to do something I never thought I'd have to do - put an Ogre team's name on the champions scroll.

Mr B

Applause hurray!
Congratz.

Lars

Gratulations to the winner

Gnaarkill

Wow! Absolutely wow!
Big Pharma, my supplier and from now on also the Amazon gods ;D

It warms my heart to have an Ogre team as champions.
Big UP and Congratulations to you Barm!

And congratulations to a well deserved final spot Equilibri!

/Gnaarkill 8)