Tie-breaker

Started by Pidpad, February 10, 2011, 12:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pidpad

I'm about as certain as I can be what the tie-breaker is.

TD difference.

With 13 divisions finished in OCC season 7 this has been the pattern in all cases where there's been a tie on points (including a 4-way tie).
No team has had the same amount of points and TD difference so far, but I'll keep an eye out for that as well.

Flying Circus

at match day 4 I think me and Krim was at the same amount of + TD but I had a done more and also let in more.
Maybe that was the reason I was under him?

Just giving you the info I thought about.

Very nice your are trying to sort this out Pidpad.

bodyschlompf

Quote from: Pidpad on February 10, 2011, 12:42:36 AM
I'm about as certain as I can be what the tie-breaker is.

TD difference.

Yeah, I know I read some thread on the Cyanide boards recently where "Enarion" stated that the tie breaker is currently TD-difference. Can't seem to find it now...

Anyways, TD difference is a very good tiebreaker IMO, so I'm not 100% positive that we should stick with our own win% defined TB. Though, we are in fact using the in-game clients TB anyways when ties occur in promotional situations...

Pidpad

That said, we've found a case where TD difference wasn't the tie-breaker, but just one so far.

bodyschlompf

Quote from: Pidpad on February 14, 2011, 01:54:27 PM
That said, we've found a case where TD difference wasn't the tie-breaker, but just one so far.

;D  ;D  ;D

There you have it! As soon as you think you have the answer, the Evil Voodoo Software Programming of Cyanide strikes right back at ya!

I think it is the alignment of the planets that is the real TB... Just my educated guess  :P