S23 - Match Day 4

Started by J-Reedy, April 30, 2016, 09:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Quote from: hakos on May 30, 2016, 08:46:09 AM
Quote from: Snyto on May 30, 2016, 08:24:16 AM
So Barm, big'uns vs notsobig'uns in a stunty showoff. Hilarity should ensue, otherwise we'll sue.

Wonderful  ;D

Kvasilad, not that much planned this week apart from the normal being quite busy on tuesday and wednesday. So probably thursday evening (starting 18:00-21:00) and forward are the possible times.

/hakos

Hiya, I'm afraid it's a beast of a week here for me, after-work hours are mostly busy tearing up and re-building the terrace. I think maybe 21+ might be doable on Saturday and Sunday, but I think I would prefer Monday 20+ or Tuesday 18+ if we can wait that long.

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on June 01, 2016, 12:34:37 AM
So Barm, big'uns vs notsobig'uns in a stunty showoff. Hilarity should ensue, otherwise we'll sue.

Wonderful  ;D

Kvasilad, not that much planned this week apart from the normal being quite busy on tuesday and wednesday. So probably thursday evening (starting 18:00-21:00) and forward are the possible times.

/hakos

Hiya, I'm afraid it's a beast of a week here for me, after-work hours are mostly busy tearing up and re-building the terrace. I think maybe 21+ might be doable on Saturday and Sunday, but I think I would prefer Monday 20+ or Tuesday 18+ if we can wait that long.

Ok, let's go for monday 20+ then

/hakos

Snyto

And so the great stunty battle has been waged and the greener goblin squad managed to eke out a win after sacrificing more than a few halflings to Nuffle who looked kindly on the offering. So kindly in fact he was an utter bastard and sadistic fop towards the ogre team.
First half ended in a goalless draw when the goblins managed to stand up to the pummeling assault, earning themselves a fair number of KO's but no serious injuries and by the time half time came around the bloodweiser babes more than happily helped in rectifying the situation. All but one troll stood up to have their turn at returning the favour on the ogres.
Here's where Nuffle came in and made the second half ridiculous to the extreme. Successful rolls for the ogres could be counted using less than three fingers more or less and despite a heroic effort from Big Pharma's snotlings the goblins pushed through and managed to score a touchdown in their last turn after a gobbo running into a TZ, picking the ball up, doding out and throwing a long pass to his teammate past a pair of snotlings. With no hindrance left the smashies could wander into the ogres' end zone to seal the score.
A small consolation for the bigger brutes was that they transformed one gobbo head to pulp as well as getting their revenge on Morg'n Thorg who took up arms against his own kin.

A very onesided match overall that came down to the dice never rolling Barm's way basically ending in these stats:

Barmution

Yeah, that must've been one of the more frustrating matches I've played (which is saying something in my 3rd season as an Ogre coach :P).

At least I'm happy that it was another stunty team that was the beneficiary of Nuffle taking a dump in my corn flakes. Looking forward to seeing your Nomz wreaking havok on the rest of the teams this season, based on your coaching I'd say that nobody should be able to underestimate the fun sized greenskins and get away with it ;)

Gratz and well played, Snyto!
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Quote from: hakos on June 02, 2016, 09:11:49 AM

Wonderful  ;D

/hakos

/hakos

Good stuff, can we make kickoff 2030?

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on June 03, 2016, 06:24:40 PM
Quote from: hakos on June 02, 2016, 09:11:49 AM

Wonderful  ;D

/hakos

/hakos

sure /hakos

J-Reedy

B, Tuesday at your normal time OK. Let's lock it up.

Mr B

Quote from: J-Reedy on June 05, 2016, 05:22:57 PM
Great!
Cya

tags

Quote from: hakos on June 03, 2016, 07:22:07 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on June 03, 2016, 06:24:40 PM
sure /hakos
Great, just realized I hadn't confirmed this, but yeah, it's on!

Mr B

Dude for this game it be okey to take it 2200 cest instead., ?
cheers

J-Reedy

Quote from: Mr B on June 06, 2016, 10:44:46 AM
Dude for this game it be okey to take it 2200 cest instead., ?
cheers
Yeah, no problem. 22 it is.

tags

That was a more intense game than the final result indicates.

Nuffle blessed my dice first drive, and there was absolutely nothing Hakos could've done to stop me on that 1-0 go-ahead. Second drive saw a well-placed fireball that got the lizards veeery close to a 2-0, but then Nuffle pointed out that 2d blocks with block-less saurii are not safe, even with re-rolls. The attempt was foiled, and the result stayed at 1-0 for half-time.

Hakos' next drive was very well executed, and I had basically given up trying to stop the equalizer, when Nuffle once again prevented what seemed like an almost sure thing. A single simple dodge was all that was needed, but a pair of snake eyes made sure that wasn't happening. Ball was loose several times after that, but nobody managed to put it away, so 1-0 was the final result.

Pretty clean match all things considered, no perm injuries, and there were possibilities for both teams right up until the end.

Thanks for the match Hakos!

J-Reedy

Nothing much for Mr. B to do. 5 first hits resulted in injuries/KOs, and only the KO was against amazons. B still got the ball away but Kittens got the ball back after failed elf pass attempt and then walked the ball in with +st player and two guards. Second half, elfs undermanned and injuries kept coming so they had to try for quick score. Attack got blocked and then dodge-away produced double 1s. Two double skulls, two failed rooted rolls for woodman, two failed dodges and two dead elfs, one of which was +AG witch elf. Serious Nuffling for Bantha. Sorry again for the match, B, and better luck in rest of the games.

Mr B

Yes losing ag5 wardancer on a leap ending in dead apo dead is quite booring... But it happens.
Also quite strange that av7 without mb was better than av7 with with mb.
Resulting 1 cas & one ko vs 4 ko and 4 injury.

But I had three lucky games before that so..
Good work JR and thanks for running the show.