S23 - SEMIFINALS

Started by J-Reedy, August 29, 2016, 10:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

Quote from: equilibri on September 07, 2016, 06:04:36 PM
Quote from: Barmution on September 07, 2016, 12:45:12 PM
Quote from: equilibri on September 07, 2016, 10:56:08 AM
So, time for the final, then! A rematch and this time my Dusty Ones will sacrifice everything to Nuffle to win!

When will we be able to play?
Indeed. Seems like you need some serious bribery to entice uncle Nuffle away from coddling his current pets.

I could play tomorrow starting around 21.00 if that suits you? If not that I'm available at Sunday at 21 and daytime (12-17) on Saturday.

Cheers,
Barmfield

Tomorrow (thursday) could work if we start 21:30. (going to the cinemas...)
Otherwise saturday at 21 works fine!

Is the semifinals validated and the final up to play?
21:30 is a bit too late on a weekday for a final with possible overtime.

Saturday at 21 was not a listed option and I don't know if I can make it, did you perhaps mean Sunday?
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

equilibri

Quote from: Barmution on September 08, 2016, 11:13:22 AM
Quote from: equilibri on September 07, 2016, 06:04:36 PM
Quote from: Barmution on September 07, 2016, 12:45:12 PM
Quote from: equilibri on September 07, 2016, 10:56:08 AM
So, time for the final, then! A rematch and this time my Dusty Ones will sacrifice everything to Nuffle to win!

When will we be able to play?
Indeed. Seems like you need some serious bribery to entice uncle Nuffle away from coddling his current pets.

I could play tomorrow starting around 21.00 if that suits you? If not that I'm available at Sunday at 21 and daytime (12-17) on Saturday.

Cheers,
Barmfield

Tomorrow (thursday) could work if we start 21:30. (going to the cinemas...)
Otherwise saturday at 21 works fine!

Is the semifinals validated and the final up to play?
21:30 is a bit too late on a weekday for a final with possible overtime.

Saturday at 21 was not a listed option and I don't know if I can make it, did you perhaps mean Sunday?

Yeah, I mixed the days! :D

Lets play on sunday, 21:00! (I can start a bit earlier also on sunday, if it works better...)

Barmution

Quote from: equilibri on September 08, 2016, 11:49:20 AM
Yeah, I mixed the days! :D

Lets play on sunday, 21:00! (I can start a bit earlier also on sunday, if it works better...)
Great, 21 is perfect for me, see you then! :)

Cheers,
Barmfield
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Barmution

Oh wow. Will write more tomorrow but for now one word to go w the screenshot: Insanity!

Thanks for an awesome match, Equi!
-Barm

hakos

Looks like 1-1 at full time, so I guess it was overtime, how many extra rounds?

Congratulations to the victory Barm. I'm quite impressed with your Ogre handling.

/hakos

Lars

Congratiulations for the win Barm

/Lars

Barmution

Thanks guys, I'll write up the match in a bit more detail tonight.

Some key numbers as a teaser: 32, 5, 5, 4, 2.

32 turns. Only st5 pieces left when the final whistle blew. 5 of them in total. 4 apos and Igors in total on the field. Ag2 did the most and most vital dodging and ball handling.

Very close affair at the end with Equi having some very real shots at winning it with a couple of daring moves.

Gnaarkill

Ehm... WHAT!? 32 Turns!?
You can easily call just that insane, yes :o

A big big Congratulations to Barmution! ;D
A back to back champ with Ogres... who would have guessed that!? Impressive is the only word i can find, though that is not really enough! ;D

And a big up to Equi for the runner up spot! Well done m8! ;D

Now, lets get some BB2 action going! :D

/Gnaarkill

tags

Congratulations on taking away the biggest W of what is probably the last NUL BB1 season! :)

Barmution

Sorry that I don't have the time to write up a full report but here's a short version of what went down:

Equi poured a veritable shit ton of gold into his inducements and got himself some bribes, an Igor, some babes and some extra RRs. The Ogres picked a couple of apos, a couple of RRs, a wizard and a babe for good measure.

Ogres got to receive and did a fairly standard grind down the field with the exception being that both teams were pretty good at removing snotlings. The Ogres KO'ed a fair few Khemri players and used an apo to keep a KO'd Ogre on the pitch. In the last few turns the last remaining snotling grabbed the ball and made it into the end zone to score the opener and predictably the Khemri didn't manage to equalize in the single turn left them. All of the KOs came back to face yet another trial by fire on the pitch for the 2nd half and where dice had gone in the favor of the Ogres the first half it turned around the Khemri made a solid run for the equalizer, but having to concede 3 turns of the last half to another Ogre drive. At this point the Ogres were down to 3 RRs while the Khemri were brazenly flaunting their remaining 6 in spite of some acrobatic antics. However the Ogres had a bigger strength advantage as a Tomb Guardian had been injured and even the cajoling of the Igor couldn't coax him back onto the field. Could the Ogres manage to secure the final in the remaining 3 turns?

NO! Not even close! Instead there was some bad fumbling in the backfield and the Khemri immediately put pressure on the Ogres. After some finagling, pushing around and removal of yet more snots it was clear that we were going to overtime and in a position that was severely crap for the Ogres. More pushing, dodging and punching later the Khemri did a desperate set of moves with their Throw-Ra and came on 4+ dodge away from scoring after some heroics, but alas! It was not to be. Even more scrapping later and the Ogres were down to 5 Ogres and 2 snots while the Khemri were going relatively strong. Another shot at the ball puts the last remaining Throw-Ra at risk and the Ogres burn their last RR on break tackling out to surf him. This puts enough pressure on Khemri that they decide to try the 5+ dodge and 5+ pickup to win the game. The dodge goes through but the pickup fails and the bounce puts the ball in the hand of an Ogre!

This gift from Nuffle marks the beginning of the end for the Khemri as they are out of position and gets two more players surfed. After a while the field consists of 6 ST5 players, an ST4 Blitz-Ra and a very shaky snotling, who takes both the Blitz-Ra and himself out of the equation with a boot as the Ogres VERY slowly work their way up the field. The 2 remaining Tomb Guardians makes a heroic last stand and takes out another Ogre before they're reduced to one. So with 4 ST5 players and a max ag of 2 on the field the elder Johnson brother finally scores the winning TD in turn 32, marking an exhausted end to a worthy NUL final and another spectacularily Nuffle-blessed season.

Huge credits to Equi who countered my conservative play on several occasions and was within reach of the victory several times during our backfield clawing for position and thanks for an amazing end to BB1 NUL.

Cheers,
Barm