S24 - Match Day 6

Started by J-Reedy, October 05, 2016, 03:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Quote from: Barmution on December 08, 2016, 03:30:00 PM
Quick question about "tackles" inflicted and sustained: Does these numbers represent the number of blocks thrown by and at a given team? If so "tackles" might not be the most precise term to use.

I _think_ (and I haven't actually checked, but I probably should) it means opponents knocked down. Several of these are quite confusing, and indeed I've been wondering about whether to rename them. For now, it's just verbatim from the variable names in the XML.

From my understanding of the data, this is how it goes:
      public int InflictedTackles { get; set; } = 0; // Tackles is player down...? Or simply blocks?
      public int InflictedInjuries { get; set; } = 0; // Injury is armour break, which may lead to stunned, KO or casualty
      public int InflictedKO { get; set; } = 0; // KO implies there was an injury
      public int InflictedCasualties { get; set; } = 0; // Casualty implies a roll on the casualty table where the least serious is BH and the most is dead
      public int InflictedDead { get; set; } = 0; // Dead implies first tackle, then injury, then casualty, then dead

If anyone feels like doing the legwork and counting amount of blocks vs amount of downed opponents in any given game and comparing it to stats, feel free :)

I'll probably get around to it eventually, but the issue list to work through is pretty large already.

EDIT: I guess I've never seen Inflicted vs Sustained tackles be anything other than mirror values, so listing both is probably pointless.

Barmution

You don't really need to compare in-game vs stats to see that it can't reasonably be knock downs. In that case the rate of breaks and the amount of KOs and casualties would be retardedly low.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Quote from: Barmution on December 08, 2016, 04:38:57 PM
You don't really need to compare in-game vs stats to see that it can't reasonably be knock downs. In that case the rate of breaks and the amount of KOs and casualties would be retardedly low.

Ok, fair point, I hadn't really considered that. So... just rename "Tackles" to "Blocks", then?

Barmution

Quote from: kvasilad on December 08, 2016, 08:55:54 PM
Quote from: Barmution on December 08, 2016, 04:38:57 PM

Ok, fair point, I hadn't really considered that. So... just rename "Tackles" to "Blocks", then?
Yeah, I think that would be both more correct and intuitive. Not exactly a big deal, tho, mostly slightly pinging my low-key OCD :P
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Hey Kvasi!

Sorry m8. Have been an awful week. As I said, my car broke down and I had to tow it.
And yes, its expensive. Probably have to change the computer inside it :(

Anyway. I can play starting next week. Anytime from 18.00 works for me except for friday. So just pick your poison m8 :)

/Gnaarkill

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on December 09, 2016, 10:00:32 AM
Hey Kvasi!

Sorry m8. Have been an awful week. As I said, my car broke down and I had to tow it.
And yes, its expensive. Probably have to change the computer inside it :(

Anyway. I can play starting next week. Anytime from 18.00 works for me except for friday. So just pick your poison m8 :)

/Gnaarkill

Thursday at 20:00 would be a good starting time for me, does that work?

That thing about my week being more open? Just an illusion.

Any chance you could play this weekend? If not, I think I can promise Monday 2130 if that's not too late.

Gnaarkill

Hey m8!

Lets aim for tonight then, shall we?
I think that is our best bet to get this MD going ^^

/Gnaar

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on December 12, 2016, 10:03:03 AM
Hey m8!

/Gnaar

Let's!

I actually hope to be home and ready sooner, but I can't promise anything. 21 should be preeetty safe though.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: kvasilad on December 12, 2016, 04:27:10 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on December 12, 2016, 10:03:03 AM
Hey m8!

/Gnaar

Let's!

I actually hope to be home and ready sooner, but I can't promise anything. 21 should be preeetty safe though.

Ok, cool m8!

I'll lurk in the forums to see if you are at home around 21 =)

See you on the field Kvasi! ;D

tags

It will have to be 2130, sorry. Looong day.

Gnaarkill

tags

Online and trying to challenge now :D

tags

A surprising win for the Playful Dead against the winningest Undead! I did get the better of the block dice, but it was a good slug fest until the numbers got properly skewered. Thanks for the game Gnaar!