S24 - Match Day 7

Started by J-Reedy, October 05, 2016, 03:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on December 21, 2016, 09:39:15 AM
Thursday at 19:00 would be the perfect time.

And so it was written onto annals of the Norsca Union League that we shall meet tomorrow at 19:00.

hakos

Last match of the season is played and I have to disappoint kvasilad. He will not make it into the final.

The match was a true nailbiter for the orcs due to the Knights cunning, brave and unexpected manevours. The Knights were outnumbered the whole match but fought as gallantly as ever and brought glory to the order of the Nisayers. The minstrels will make songs about them.

Knights started on the offence. Stopped them for two turns but then the Knights made the cunning move of not using wrestle versus a black orc. So instead of a both down in the first block in the turn, as I expected, it became a turnover. Defense was not ready and a breakthrough was made. Knights scored in turn 4. 0-1

Ok, four turns to score. Went hard for the left flank but still kept some black orcs on the right flank to tie up his forces. There was but one small hole in my defense. And by some nice Dodges he slipped through that hole and the ball was loose. Just two turns left and the ball was still in my side. Desperate times requires desperate actions. Made 5 blocks to clear the way for my thrower who could pick up the ball and immediately throw to a blitzer who then ran as fast as possible towards the goal. The Knights still managed to tie him up with several Dodges and go for it's. But one push later the score came in turn 8. 1-1

Second half started good since two of his players decided not to join the battle. Among them his star blitzer (guard and Mighty blow). This time I Went for the right flank and managed to get halfway into his field after 3 turns. Along the way I knocked out about one guy per turn so he was down to 7 players real quickly while I still had a full force. It looked quite bright for the orcs.

However, now some quite incredible turns happened for the knights. He dodged like an elf, ran like a master gutter runner and battled like, well, a true Knight. Every turn. I had 2 vs 1 advantage or 4 st vs 3 strength advantage everywhere. Despite that he got the ball loose several times. I had to pick up the ball with a blitzer in my half, with just two turns to go, and failed.

But in the end the luck turned once again. In turn 17 a blitzer managed to pick up the ball, ran, made a handover to Another blitzer who also ran as much as he could. And finally, in turn 18, after a light touch of his final marker, the blitzer could walk safely into the touchdown zone. 2-1.

/hakos

J-Reedy

Hakos, Gnaarkill, I've sent invitation to the the Finals league. Didn't remember it but the new game doesn't seem to have have a league that has regular season + playoffs. So I had to create separate league for the Finals match.

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on December 23, 2016, 12:28:27 AM
Hakos, Gnaarkill, I've sent invitation to the the Finals league. Didn't remember it but the new game doesn't seem to have have a league that has regular season + playoffs. So I had to create separate league for the Finals match.

Hmm, you mean a new competition right? I've been playing around with this a bit now.

You have only one type of League, it has no other settings than "New teams only" and "Ageing".

Within that League, you can create any number of competitions. These are either "Ladder", "Round-Robin" or "Knockout".

So as of now, we have a League called "NUL Championship". Within that league, we have exactly one Round-Robin competition as of now called "NUL Season 24". So from what I understand, the right thing to do is create a new competition of type "Knockout" called "NUL Playoffs 24" or something within the already existing NUL Championship League.

Creating a new league doesn't really do anything useful, from what I can see.

hakos

Nice to be in the final. I certainly did not expect that after my loss, draw, draw opening this season.

Gnaarkill: I have the week mostly free except some evening activities on tuesday and thursday. Any time that would suit you?

J-Reedy: Should I accept the final invitation or will you look into Kvasilad's suggestion?

/Hakos

Gnaarkill

Hey m8!

My first final in my career as a coach and also a first place in the league.
This is truly amazing! ;D

It will be an honor to play against you Hakos. So if I remember correct our last match ended with a 0-0 draw right? :)
Let's see who will truly be the winner then! :D

Unfortunatly thursday is probably the only opening I have this week :/
I will be on vacation next week though so anytime then will be good :)

And also, as Hakos is asking. Do we accept the invitation to the final or do the other thingie? =)

/Gnaar

tags

Congratulations to both of you for making the finals!

Has anyone done any spectating in Blood Bowl 2 yet? Does it work, and if so, how? I think it would be cool to watch the finals live if I'm around.

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on December 23, 2016, 09:13:10 AM
So as of now, we have a League called "NUL Championship". Within that league, we have exactly one Round-Robin competition as of now called "NUL Season 24". So from what I understand, the right thing to do is create a new competition of type "Knockout" called "NUL Playoffs 24" or something within the already existing NUL Championship League.

That's just what I did, I guess I just used league when I meant competition. The new competition (S24 Finals if I recall correctly) that you both should have invitation to is a two team knockout. So just accept the invitation and all should be good to go.

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on December 28, 2016, 11:23:05 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on December 23, 2016, 09:13:10 AM

That's just what I did, I guess I just used league when I meant competition. The new competition (S24 Finals if I recall correctly) that you both should have invitation to is a two team knockout. So just accept the invitation and all should be good to go.

Cool!

I'm excited for the finals, but also for this being the first time BB2Replayer will see the same teams/players over multiple competitions. I expect newly discovered bugs on the horizon :P

hakos

Great, I have used the ticket now and registered to the knock-out tournament of two teams and one round...

@Gnaarkill: Thursday should work. I'm probably busy in the evening but daytime from about 10/11 to 16/17 should work as starting time. Perhaps we could aim to start at around 15?

Quote from: kvasilad on December 27, 2016, 03:11:25 PM
Has anyone done any spectating in Blood Bowl 2 yet? Does it work, and if so, how? I think it would be cool to watch the finals live if I'm around.

I have not tried it yet but the option seems to be there. Main Menu --> Cabal TV --> Search for match (and one of the options for searching is "live/replay".

/hakos

Gnaarkill

Ah, I see.
I forgot. In my mind everybody is working, since I am. But in reality this is probably vacation times xD
So I have no possibility to play during daytime. My opening today is from 20.00 - 22.00
Let's just aim for next week, maybe?
How about monday, starting early, 11-12.00?

/Gnaar

hakos

Quote from: Gnaarkill on December 29, 2016, 02:03:15 PM
Ah, I see.
I forgot. In my mind everybody is working, since I am. But in reality this is probably vacation times xD
So I have no possibility to play during daytime. My opening today is from 20.00 - 22.00
Let's just aim for next week, maybe?
How about monday, starting early, 11-12.00?

/Gnaar

I have re-planned. This evening starting at 20 or 21 works. Will check in here at 20 to see if you are ready to play.

if it fails...

Monday and tuesday next week is off. Have already planned for two gaming Days. One RPG and one boardgame. Wednesday and Thursday next week should be quite ok however.

/hakos

Gnaarkill

Sorry had no chance to reply yesterday.

Ok, so next week then :D
I am on vacation next week so I can play almost any time both wednesday and thursday.

Im ok from 11-15 and from 21-late both of the days :)

/Gnaar

hakos

Ok, let's aim for wednesday 4/1 starting at 11 and then we can keep the rest of wednesday and thursday times in reserve, if needed.

/hakos

Gnaarkill