S24 - Match Day 7

Started by J-Reedy, October 05, 2016, 03:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

Good luck guys and gratz for making the finals!  ;D
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Omg!

Used my ticket to get into the final. But it has to be accepted by admin... lame! :/
Does this mean we have to postpone Hakos?

/Gnaar

hakos

Quote from: Gnaarkill on January 04, 2017, 10:59:46 AM
Omg!

Used my ticket to get into the final. But it has to be accepted by admin... lame! :/
Does this mean we have to postpone Hakos?

/Gnaar

Yes, :(

Shall we try for tomorrow, start at 11:00?

BR/ Hakos

Gnaarkill

Dammit! :(
I had forgot how that shitty system of getting in to a league worked in BB2.

Tomorrow works fine for me though. Ok so see you in 24 hours then m8 :D

/Gnaar

J-Reedy

Damn, totally forgot this myself. I'll approve the thingy tonight.

J-Reedy

All should be set with the competition now. Good luck for both of you!

tags

Hmm, that sounds really obfuscated indeed. Is the competition set to "Invite only" or "Validation by admin"? Not sure how either works, exactly, but the other alternative may be easier.

Oh, and good luck to both of you!

hakos

Aaaand the final is played !

It took 24 turns to Crown a Winner. First time Gurkha Legion and Black Metal All Stars met it ended 0-0. This time it was 1-1 after full time so it is certainly two even teams/coaches. TV difference was only 30k.

But a Winner is mandatory in the final and in the end Gurkha Legion won by scoring 2-1 in turn 24.

Metal dudes won the coin toss and started on the offence but were quite surprised (as was I) when they found out the match time was set to 2 min. After some discussion we decided to continue and play this speedy final anyway. Which means, if you want to watch the final to see some good, well thought through, moves, forget it. But if you want to watch a final that is intense, quick, has several stress related mistakes but also very forgiving Dices that allowed some nice moves anyway. Go ahead.

So, despite some mishaps in the beginning Metal dudes made a break though in turn 3 and scored soon after. I did have some time to even the score but did not manage to break through. However, I did manage to injure one player and KO 3 more and that was probably a key to the victory. From turn 9 to turn 24 Gnaarkill was forced to play with less than 11 players.

Second half, I started and made a nice break in to his half. However, he shut me off nicely and even managed to grab the ball some turns later. However, I could get it back. He was outnumbered but managed to get the ball yet Another time. Perhaps I was a bit too Confident, but he sure did some nice moves that I had not expected. But, I had the number advantage and could Always find some free players to both get the ball free again and pick-it up. The equalizer score finally happened in turn 16.

Black metal got the ball in their turn 16 and I fully expected them to keep it in the overtime. However, it seems BB2 have different overtime rules than BB1. Instead of him keeping the ball, it was a coin toss, which I won. Another key moment.

Turn 17-24: Orc's were on the offence once again. Got into his half but he stopped me so good that I had to retreat back to my half. But he still catched me and got the ball free, in my half. But once again, he did not have enough players to tie me up completely and I could get the ball back again. This time I formed a true Cage and advanced slowly forward. In turn 22 it was quite clear that the orcs would score but it was not until the very last turn that they reached the touch down zone.

Dices were good for both of us, probably a bit better for me though. Gnaarkill played an excellent game and I really had to fight to win this one. GG Gnaarkill, see you next season.

/Hakos

tags

Congratulations and commiserations, respectively!

Sounds like it was intense :)

Barmution

Well fought and gratz to Hakos for winning and Gnaar for being a worthy finalist!
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

equilibri

A big horray and congratz to Hakos!

Sooo... About season 25... :D

hakos

Thanks.

Time to start up a thread for season 25?

Until it has arrived...

What about postponing the "middle team" season to season 26 and have another "beginner team" season instead in season 25?

We do not have that many teams to select from within BB2 so as it is today everyone would probably use their current team. Or have to play a beginner team. If we have another beginner season everyone would get a choice and the middle season could be more interesting.

But perhaps more importantly. Having a new beginner season would make it easier to convince some new players to join NUL. And it feels like we need some new blood here, or perhaps a return of some old timers.

/hakos

edit: P.S: Consider this an answer to J-Reedy's proposal of a "farmer" League. Which I think aimed at solving the same thing but I did not fully understand how that would work. And I currently do not know in which thread I can find it to read again.

tags

I'm fine with any rules for season 25, but I like hakos' idea. I have no problem with creating another new team, even though I rather grew to like my undeads in the end. And also, I already have another beginner team from "season 0", which I insist should be eligible for a "middle season" whenever that may be :D

Barmution

Anything to rationalize not playing my wretched excuse for a Norse team :P

Gnaarkill

First, I want to thank the Champ, Hakos for a great final.
It was such an intense and fun game, thank you! ;D
Probably the most even and fair match ive had for quite some time ^^

Second, A big CONGRATULATIONS to you, Hakos!

Third, I like the idea of a new newbie season. Even though I also really like my undeads i feel like i want to try out the game a little bit more and have some option of selecting a team for the "middle" season =)
So my vote is for "newbie" season :D

/Gnaar