My OK starting times are as follow:
Wednesday: 21 - 22
Sunday: 14 - 17
Monday (next week): 21 - 22
Tuesday: 19 - 22
Wednesday: 21 - 22

/Gnaar

Oh dear, I've been dreading this matchup :D

Sunday at 14 sounds stellar for now, let's book that.

J-Reedy

Yep, confirmed the previous match day yesterday, so day 6 is up.

Barmution matey, been keeping pretty busy lately but I could squeeze in a start at following CET times:
- Wednesday 19-21
- Friday 19-22
- Saturday anything after 13 hundred.

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir.

Now, as I have a bit of time, a quick concept idea about modified league structure.
- It would basically be limitless TV with every 3rd/4th season being played with (nearly) rookie teams.
-W e would have the Main league where for the league play. In addition to that we would have Open league where players would be able to play with new teams against other rookie teams.
- Players would be allowed to bring their teams from the Open to the Main between seasons.
- The amount of games that team can play in Open to be accepted into Main would be limited based on the general TV limit. I'm thinking maximum of 4 to 5 games. And playing 4 games against "soft" teams would be prohibited.
- Players would naturally be allowed to have several Open teams to guarantee everyone having decent number of opponents.
Just a quick outline, any thoughts/ideas are greatly appreciated. Purpose would be to encourage players joining at any point with teams that have some basic spp and maybe some key skills.

Barmution

Hey J-R, long time no play!

Hopefully this team will go out with at least a pop if not a bang, but odds points towards going out with a soft whimper instead. Let's make the most out of it!

Wednesday is right out as that is quiz night and Friday is more than a little uncertain, so let's say Sat at 13.00 if that's ok with you?

Cheers!
Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

hakos

Hi Lazer

This week is kind of busy for me. Don't think I  have any easy possibilities to play until friday evening. In the weekend I could probably play almost whenever.

BR/ Hakos

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on November 28, 2016, 12:56:31 PM
Now, as I have a bit of time, a quick concept idea about modified league structure.
- It would basically be limitless TV with every 3rd/4th season being played with (nearly) rookie teams.
-W e would have the Main league where for the league play. In addition to that we would have Open league where players would be able to play with new teams against other rookie teams.
- Players would be allowed to bring their teams from the Open to the Main between seasons.
- The amount of games that team can play in Open to be accepted into Main would be limited based on the general TV limit. I'm thinking maximum of 4 to 5 games. And playing 4 games against "soft" teams would be prohibited.
- Players would naturally be allowed to have several Open teams to guarantee everyone having decent number of opponents.
Just a quick outline, any thoughts/ideas are greatly appreciated. Purpose would be to encourage players joining at any point with teams that have some basic spp and maybe some key skills.

So how would scheduling in the open league work? Would we just play whoever, whenever that hang around here?

Also, would this technically be a new competition inside the league, or a new league altogether? I'm not entirely clear on whether a BB2 league can run several competitions in parallell, or if they have to run sequentially.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: kvasilad on November 28, 2016, 12:02:06 PM

Ok, cool! See you on Sunday then m8! :D

/Gnaar

Lars

Quote from: hakos on November 28, 2016, 02:09:08 PM
Hi Lazer

This week is kind of busy for me. Don't think I  have any easy possibilities to play until friday evening. In the weekend I could probably play almost whenever.

BR/ Hakos

Looks like we have kinda inverted free time. But I will be abel to play at sunday evening at 21:00 or so.

/Lars

J-Reedy

Quote from: Barmution on November 28, 2016, 01:50:33 PM
Hey J-R, long time no play!

Hopefully this team will go out with at least a pop if not a bang, but odds points towards going out with a soft whimper instead. Let's make the most out of it!

Wednesday is right out as that is quiz night and Friday is more than a little uncertain, so let's say Sat at 13.00 if that's ok with you?

Cheers!
Barm

Sorry for the late reply, but Saturday will do better than fine. Will be seeing you at 13.00!

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on November 28, 2016, 03:11:55 PM

So how would scheduling in the open league work? Would we just play whoever, whenever that hang around here?

Also, would this technically be a new competition inside the league, or a new league altogether? I'm not entirely clear on whether a BB2 league can run several competitions in parallell, or if they have to run sequentially.

Haven't checked the leagues yet, but I think there is matchmaking feature in the leagues that should work. The league structure thing is also a bit hazy to me so can't say about that yet. Have to look into it.

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on November 29, 2016, 10:06:14 AM

/Gnaar

Hnnngh, seems like Sunday just fell through here. I might still make it, but I'd say it's about 80% chance I won't, so I can't promise that time. Bad news is that Monday through Wednesday is all but impossible for me next week, but the following Thursday through Saturday should be doable (8th-10th December, that is).

If you still happen to be around Sunday, I'll let you know if I actually can play after all, but I wouldn't bet on it. So feel free to make other plans for that time.

hakos

Quote from: Lars on November 30, 2016, 03:40:36 PM
Quote from: hakos on November 28, 2016, 02:09:08 PM
Hi Lazer

BR/ Hakos

Looks like we have kinda inverted free time. But I will be abel to play at sunday evening at 21:00 or so.

/Lars

Ok, sunday at 21:00 it is /hakos

J-Reedy

Nisayers lose due to insane league rules

'Tis a well known fact that the rules of most Blood Bowl leagues are truly disfunctional. Thas fact was once again proven in the match of the brave Bretonnian Nisayer knights who played against the norse barbarian tribe known as The Emperors New Pants. Oh, how easy the match would've been if the gallant knights would've just been allowed play with the team they had at hand. For the Nisayers were first time in the season in the lucky position that they had only two peasants messing up the questing of the valorous knights. But thus are the rules, however unjust and unreasonable they seem to the noble eye, that every team must have 11 players on the team and thus were the Nisayers forced to hire two peasants to fill their ranks. Oh the horror that ensued from that decision. First task given to the hired hands was to acquire smelly dog food that would distract the unkempt hired star player of the pantless norse, Chaney the werewolf. But alas, that did not happen, as thus it was that this fanged player blitzed down the brave Nisayer knight close to the norse endzone and took the ball away. And then, at the end of the first half, the glorious knights had managed to direct the play to a situation where preventing the norse touchdown was as easy as dodging away and blitzing the werewolf down unassisted. An easy task for even a knight just promoted from squirehood, still too young to grow a moustache. But now the task had to be given to a peasant, and naturally this blundering fool blundered the situation and the norse took the lead.
During the second half the ball proved slippery to keep for both teams after the norse runner holding it was blitzed down. 'Twas speculated that referees had not wiped the ball clean from all the saliva and loose fur that must've ended on it during the half of the half it spent tucked away in the armpit of Chaney. With ball thus slippery, the half degenerated into a scramble where both teams Nisayers took turns holding the ball or trying to pick it up. And even in this chaos, Nisayers would've surely prevailed if not for the hired peasant called Fat Sniffer. For he was given a simple task of holding three norse players in check. A skill that every knight of a line picks up in his mother's milk. But it would not be so, as Fat Sniffer allowed himself to be taken down with first block laid against him. Crowd and star player committee however must've grown fond of this bumbling fool as he was awarded the MVP of the match on the Nisayers' side. Even though due to this lack of effort from Sniffer's part the Nisayers were unable to get into scoring position and the half ended scoreles and with the norsemen taking the victory 1-0.

tags

Quote from: kvasilad on November 30, 2016, 05:27:01 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on November 29, 2016, 10:06:14 AM

/Gnaar

Hnnngh, seems like Sunday just fell through here. I might still make it, but I'd say it's about 80% chance I won't, so I can't promise that time. Bad news is that Monday through Wednesday is all but impossible for me next week, but the following Thursday through Saturday should be doable (8th-10th December, that is).

If you still happen to be around Sunday, I'll let you know if I actually can play after all, but I wouldn't bet on it. So feel free to make other plans for that time.

D'oh! Plans changed again. So right now I can play tomorrow Sunday at 14 after all. So if that still works for you, it's back on! Sorry for all the back and forth, it's a bit out of my control