S24 - Match Day 6

Started by J-Reedy, October 05, 2016, 03:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Im stuck with my car. Will noy be able to play. I will tell mote later. My car broke down. Sorry

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on December 04, 2016, 01:42:25 PM
Im stuck with my car. Will noy be able to play. I will tell mote later. My car broke down. Sorry

Ah ok, tough luck mate. Hope it's nothing too expensive...

hakos

Hey, kvasilad

How do I do to install and run bb2replayer?

I have downloaded it but it seems my computer does not recognise .man files. Guess I need to download some other program as well?

BR/ hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on December 04, 2016, 10:55:34 PM
Hey, kvasilad

How do I do to install and run bb2replayer?

I have downloaded it but it seems my computer does not recognise .man files. Guess I need to download some other program as well?

BR/ hakos

Hi, I have no idea where you found a '.man' file. Do you mean '.msi'? Because the installer is definitely '.msi', which is a file of type "Microsoft Installer".

So no, you should not need to download anything else, it should start the installer if you double-click the file. If you right-click it, there should be an "Install" option in the context menu.

That said, new version of BB2Replayer is right around the corner (next day or two), so you might as well wait for that. The current version is buckling under the pressure of the amount of replays for now, due to some bad planning on my part.

hakos

This is the file I downloaded:

BB2Replayer_0.6.1_installer.man

It says .msi when I hover over it on your download page, but when I start the download it is a .man file that is downloaded...

Edit: Tried to change name from .man to .msi and now it seems to work...
/hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on December 05, 2016, 07:55:44 PM

It says .msi when I hover over it on your download page, but when I start the download it is a .man file that is downloaded...

/hakos

Hah, right you were! Thanks for the bug report :)

I haven't used Internet Explorer in a while, but apparently there is some known weird behaviour:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/downloading-an-msi-file-renames-it-man-really/590868e5-d0a4-4815-99b9-667a097340a3

Anyway, should be fixed now with a setting on the server, so hopefully that particular problem won't appear again.

tags

New version 0.7.0 out: http://www.bb2replayer.com

Fixes some issues, so server will only accept reports from 0.7.0 and up from now on. Should still communicate with older clients though.

IE reports even more ugly warnings about missing signature and whatnot, I guess I'll have to see about buying a certificate or something. Let me know if anyone happens to have any experience on signed Windows executables.

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on December 05, 2016, 10:44:04 PM
Quote from: hakos on December 05, 2016, 07:55:44 PM

/hakos

Hah, right you were! Thanks for the bug report :)

I haven't used Internet Explorer in a while, but apparently there is some known weird behaviour:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/downloading-an-msi-file-renames-it-man-really/590868e5-d0a4-4815-99b9-667a097340a3

Anyway, should be fixed now with a setting on the server, so hopefully that particular problem won't appear again.

Strange error indeed. I use both IE and Chrome. This time IE apparently was the wrong choice. No problem downloading 0.7. Using it, however, well, a bug report has been sent to bb2replayer@gmail.com.

BR/ Hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on December 06, 2016, 08:18:09 AM
Strange error indeed. I use both IE and Chrome. This time IE apparently was the wrong choice. No problem downloading 0.7.

It's fixed for all versions now, there was a workaround I could implement on my web server.

Quote from: hakos on December 06, 2016, 08:18:09 AM
Using it, however, well, a bug report has been sent to bb2replayer@gmail.com.

Thanks, I'll follow that up via mail, looks like 0.7.1 will be rushed :D

tags

0.7.1 0.7.2 released: http://www.bb2replayer.com/

tags

So Gnaarkill, just let me know when you're ready to play the last match. I think that after today my schedule should open up a bit more towards the holidays. Hope you got home safe?

hakos

Ok, after some twist and turn with BB2replayer, here is the match report from the match between the orcs and rats.

Big thanks to Kvasilad who had to make several updates in BB2replayer to make this happen.

/Hakos

And now some questions after looking at the stats with full knowledge about the match.

1. Why is the interception on the rat side? It was the orcs who made the intercept.

2. About the cash. I got 20k but RR into 30k. Why is it the old result that is shown?

tags

Quote from: hakos on December 07, 2016, 06:22:09 PM
And now some questions after looking at the stats with full knowledge about the match.

1. Why is the interception on the rat side? It was the orcs who made the intercept.

That would be because I've mixed up <SustainedInterceptions> with <InflictedInterceptions> in my parsing. Fixed locally, but I'm not rushing a release for just that issue right now. But the next iteration will probably have a lot of focus on the web reports again (if nothing more crashes soon :D)

Quote from: hakos on December 07, 2016, 06:22:09 PM
2. About the cash. I got 20k but RR into 30k. Why is it the old result that is shown?

Oof, that's tougher. The short answer is that 20k is listed in the XML, but 30k isn't (from what I can see). Now there may be an event I can decipher somewhere that shows the re-roll and I can infer the cash from the dice result, but worst case is that this happens after the replay file is concluded and I cannot get that info. Either way, this is not trivial like issue 1.

Barmution

Quick question about "tackles" inflicted and sustained: Does these numbers represent the number of blocks thrown by and at a given team? If so "tackles" might not be the most precise term to use.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.