Celeb-Ratt-ies - Lars (Lazer)
Nisayers - J-Reedy
The Emperors New Pants - Barmution
Gurkha Legion - Hakos
Black Metal All-Stars - Gnaarkill

NUL Dummy - bye-week

J-Reedy

Day 3 is now open, play on, mates!

Lars, I'm going to Germany on Saturday, will be back next Thursday. So my start times (CET) are very limited:
- Today (Wednesday) 19-21
- Thursday 20.30-21.30

Let me know if either of those suits you, sir. If not, I'll let you know about my time table for next week on Wednesday/Thursday.

equilibri

Hakos!

Let us see how this will work out! :D

I can play:

Friday 28/10: 20:00->

Tuesday 1/11: 19:00->

Wednesday 2/11: 19:00->

After that I am not sure how it looks, but I think next thursday is an ok day to, around 19:00.

//Eq

hakos

Equilibri

Friday and wednesday times should work. Shall we go for friday and keep wednesday as reserve time?

/hakos

equilibri

Quote from: hakos on October 26, 2016, 08:39:10 PM
Equilibri

Friday and wednesday times should work. Shall we go for friday and keep wednesday as reserve time?

/hakos

Sounds great!

See u on the field friday at 20:00!

//Eq

Lars

Quote from: J-Reedy on October 26, 2016, 12:17:05 PM
Day 3 is now open, play on, mates!

Lars, I'm going to Germany on Saturday, will be back next Thursday. So my start times (CET) are very limited:
- Today (Wednesday) 19-21
- Thursday 20.30-21.30

Let me know if either of those suits you, sir. If not, I'll let you know about my time table for next week on Wednesday/Thursday.

I can play tomorrow Thursday 20:30

/Lars

J-Reedy

Quote from: Lars on October 26, 2016, 11:07:29 PM

I can play tomorrow Thursday 20:30

/Lars

OK, let's do it today. See you later!

J-Reedy

Oh, if only would we have known this morn that it would day of sorrow in Comelylot castle and Blood Bowl grounds. But the gods in heavens must've know, for the Blood Bowl match that was to be played against Celeb-Rat-ties Skanven team started with a pouring rain of - in hindsight - tears from the pantheons of all gods. And thus the rain did make ball slippery and the brave Nisayer knights could not pick up the ball so slippery, even though they tried it once, tried it twice. But a fast rat had no trouble, for he must be accustomed to tears as the gods of skaven must cry every time they glance upon these lowly creatures they have created and then turn their gaze to lands of Bretonnia where they see the bravest of men walk the lands. And thus the rat picked up the ball and ran it the goal.
But the bravely knights of Comelylot were not shaken but instead they stirred from their slumber as the rain gave away to the bright light of sun. And thus they picked up the ball and hurried towards the goal. But behold, there were skaven on they and the brave knight carrying the ball was swarmed! But fear not, for even the lowly peasants were so inspired by the magnificent sight of Bretonnian armor glistening in sunlight, that one of them downed a rat who pushed the pile towards the goal and all that was needed was a fleet-footed dodge and thus the game was 1 to 1!
But then started the sorrowful second half. At first all seemed to in finest of orders, as skavens were getting downed and the small fast rat with the ball was bravely pushed to the stands by fierce Nisayer knights! But then struck catastrophe for the biggest of rats laid a block on Sir Lotsolancer who fell down on the field with all life gone from his body. Patsy the peasant was sent to rush the galant Sir Lancelot to the dugout to get healed by the doctor, but this lowly peon acted so slow that when Sir Lotsolancer finally arrived to the team doctor, he could do nothing more but to declare him dead. And the sorrow was deepened by the fact that only Nisayer close enough to score the go-ahead goal - brave Sir Robin Notsobrawe - was blitzed down and the match ended with the draw. Oh, the sorrow!

Game started in pouring rain with me on attack. Three turns and all three rerolls were gone, ball was still on the ground and two Bretonnians were KO'd. Score the Lars. Second kickoff, sunny weather and unlike comeback ensued. Ball was picked up, hurried towards the endzone with maximum speed where the ball-carrier was pushback-blitzed. Chain pushbacks and dodge later the score was tied. In second half skavens were leaving the field in the hurry and their attack was stopped by Rat Ogre rolling double both downs with no rerolls left. Ball-carrier was pushbacked to the crowd and ball landed near Nisayer goalzone. First Bretonnian pickup failed, Lars got some pressure with gutter runner but blitz KO'd the rat out. And then my blitzer kicked the bucket with apothecary making sure that dead means dead. After he went down, only one blitzer was close enough for pass score but blitz took him down and it was a draw. Stellar game from Lars, we both had both lucky and unlucky moments with the dice.

hakos

Excellent report J-Reedy. Nice to see that you are back to your old standards. Always a treat to read.

/hakos

tags

Absolutely agree on the report, good stuff :)

So Barmey ol' chap, a game this weekend perhaps? Sunday would be great, almost any time of day.

Barmution

Quote from: kvasilad on October 28, 2016, 09:03:45 AM

So Barmey ol' chap, a game this weekend perhaps? Sunday would be great, almost any time of day.
Hey kvasi, gamle bardun!

After last week's Norse massacre you should be at a distinct advantage. Would 13.00 on Sunday suit you?

Cheers,
Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Quote from: Barmution on October 28, 2016, 07:53:45 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on October 28, 2016, 09:03:45 AM

Hey kvasi, gamle bardun!

After last week's Norse massacre you should be at a distinct advantage. Would 13.00 on Sunday suit you?

Cheers,
Barm

Sunday at 13 is a positively delightful time to kick off!

Perhaps I should have a look at that replay, I might pick up a thing or two on undead playing (or was it dice rolling? :D)

equilibri

So, this was an even game that ended with a not so fair move...

Well, the result was propably pretty fair, but if the orchs had not tried to pick up the ball in the final turns the undead propably would not have gotten the chance to score.

But, a failed GFI, that resulted in an injured orch thrower, and then an amazing Wight who managed to make 4+ dodge, 3+ dodge and 3+ pickup to score, resulted in a tie!

Thanx for the game, Hakos! You played good all the way even if your'e not used to bashing!

hakos

Thanks for the game Equi. It was indeed quite even and quite fun.

But is the second game in a row where I'm being outbashed. So there is still something I need to learn about playing a bashy team.

/hakos

Barmution

Quote from: kvasilad on October 28, 2016, 08:18:54 PM
Sunday at 13 is a positively delightful time to kick off!

Perhaps I should have a look at that replay, I might pick up a thing or two on undead playing (or was it dice rolling? :D)
Awesome, see you tomorrow then :)

I think the amount of casualties to injuries was a bit up to the dice but Gnaar played a very solid game and knew to take advantage of his ever increasing relative numbers. Might be worth having a look.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.