Valhalla cup Play Offs

Started by The Golden Arrow, February 11, 2011, 11:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Arrow

So, now the time has come for the first ever play offs in the history of NUL! The winner of the first ever Valhalla Cup will soon be decided (a very honorable title of course). I'm sure Body or Mr B want to write something here too, but I thought I might as well be first.

I want to thank Body for all his work that has made this league possible and now the wait is over, the final four are...

In the first semi final the total leader Flying circus with he's devious, fast and violent rats will face off against cruel haughty dark elves of Papa Angel. Can the underdog challenger's dark elves pull off a few hidden tricks or will they be left in the dust by the skaven?

In the other semi final the proud, beautiful ladies of Krim.nielsen face off against my own nice and polite necromantic team who have shown absolutely no beastlike behavior... The ladies are of course favorites in this game, but if i can convince my dead guys that hitting women is actually ok now I might have a small chance to steal the win.

The gods watch from above, the jarl watch from his booth and even the monks have dragged themselves out of their beer fumed halls to watch the final games. Now it is up to the players and coaches (and don't forget the fans) to make themselves living legends.

--------

So I've moved the match day forward for Valhalla cup and it's time for semifinals in case you missed that... You can book games here as usual.

The Golden Arrow

I can play saturday and sunday this week (most times) and monday, tuesday and possible next weekend too.

krim_nielsen

hey 0)

I can play:
saturday or sunday from 12.00 and starting no later than 14.30
monday, tuesday, wednesday from 19.00 and starting no later than 21.00

The Golden Arrow

OK, how about playing today at 13.00?

krim_nielsen

Flying Circus

Hello Papa Angel

So today I have my last show in germany ;D to play this upcoming week monday - Wednesday morning works and or Thursday- friday evening.
Im also free during the nights so give me a suggestion and we hook up the game

Also wanna say to everybody participating, administrating, cheering and specially a big thanks to Body for kicking NUL to a great and hopefully growing league.

Flying Circus

Congratz to the spot in the final Krim, just saw the resault. Hope to see you there ;)
Just have to pass those Finish Darkelfs that got totally demolished last match, and that I thank his opponent for =)

krim_nielsen

unless more "auto win" wizards, then yes .. would be looking forward to a real match :P
carefull what you wish for in your semi final .. with all those inducements you might be facing Morg'n Thorg and some other nasty shit :)

Flying Circus

True that, Morg always seems to do better then any other player and I dont feel comfortable before any match, anything can happen.

The Golden Arrow

Thanks for the game Krim, was resonably close until the end, but you had good control and played well so good luck in the final :)

Papa Angel

Hi!
I'm raring to have a go at skaven with my crippled DE!

I knew I should have played the last game more conservatively as the play-off place was already secured, but that was really not an option.

One of the reasons I joined a league was to escape tv min-maxing, be it the obvious and boring skill choices (first get blodge on the blitzers, first runner gets leader, etc.) or trying to be optimal with the roster (small/no bench, no assassins...).

Also, I did want an opportunity to play with inducements but maybe not with this much ;)

Quote from: Flying Circus on February 12, 2011, 11:49:25 AM
...monday - Wednesday morning works and or Thursday- friday evening.
Im also free during the nights so give me a suggestion and we hook up the game

Mornings don't suit me that well as I should to go to work and the +1 h time difference to CET does not help with that.

Friday evening works for me, could we play at 18:00 CET?

Flying Circus

Friday evening should be fine, I just have to check how long Im working.
I come back to you as soon as I have a sure answer.

Best regards

bodyschlompf

QuoteI'm sure Body or Mr B want to write something here too, but I thought I might as well be first.

DOH! I haven't said anything, been busy. Good luck all, sorry for your loss TGA... I might throw something together for the finals. Some photos and shit... Who knows?

Flying Circus

So I checked with my work and I can sneak off so Im at home at 18:00 for such an important thing :)

See you on the pitch 18:00 swedish time CET