Match Day 1

Started by tags, February 22, 2017, 09:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Quote from: Mr B on February 24, 2017, 08:22:14 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on February 22, 2017, 09:34:03 AM
Woooo, just started season 25! Finally :D

I don't have the admin rights for this forum to create a new league section thread thingy (J-R? B? Can take care of this too if you want)
I can check.. Ruled by JR nowdays.. Assuming I still have the same rights I'll create the league as it once was.. Ok?

It's fine, J-R already fixed it, thanks.

Barmution

This match started rather horribly for Equi's Dark Elves: First I elect to receive and KO 3 players in the first turn. Soon after his Runner decides to forego an RR on his BD block and cas'es himself right out with a -MV injury. Some back and forth later I injure his Witch Elf and the injury comes up a niggle... bad day indeed for the Elves. I score relatively early and some finagling after that I put in the 2-0 but his KOs are back and mine are still gone. In addition his drive starts with a Pitch Invasion that leads one of my flanks wide open and he's able to put in a TD. Next drive we're at 9 players each and I manage to go to 3-1 after some really good tying up business by Equi on defense that makes me have to go for a 1d (block vs block) to score. After that there's a bit of back and forth and I luck out getting the ball and have a theoretical chance to go up to 4, but Nuffle decides I've had enough good luck for one day and the match ends 3-1 in favor of the Kennel Club.

Really weird match with a lot of ups and downs. First half made it look like Equi would be completely out of the match but after a change of fortunes he was poised to steal the ball for a 2-2 until I got back my dice. Wild one, Equi. Sorry about the injuries and thanks for the match!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on February 24, 2017, 05:25:13 PM
[

Ok, let's make it 19 then so you can get home and relax a bit and get into the match mode.

/hakos

Just got home, ready to play in 2 hours at 19 hours. See you then!

hakos

Aaaand season 25 has kicked of for me and J-Reedy. Nice.

Chaos vs Elf.
Would it be possible to put a hand, Hoof or horn on the agile elves?
Would it be possible for the elfs to survive without a KO, BH, Permanent damage or Death?

Simply put, this was a typical bash vs agile match, except for one thing. The En Traiders seem to be a team full of masochists. J-Reedy's worst enemy was not me, but himself. Woodies score in turn 2 and then the chaos team tried to score and did not succeed until turn 16. War Dancers leaped many times and broke my Cage twice. Tried to mark his whole team, did not help, they just moved away. etc.

But, in the end the woodies had only 6 players on the field and could not stop the draw.

He got 3 BH and 2 KO. But only one BH came from the chaos. One was from a failed Dodge and the one that really hurt came from a failed leap. Causing one of the war dancers to permanently reduce his strength. Ouch.

Thanks for good opening match, J-Reedy.

/hakos

tags

Wow, pretty tough going for both of the elven teams in the first match... lots of perm injuries.

tags

Well, I now understand why everyone hates dwarf teams. The Facial Hair Enthusiasts (which is kinda ambiguous in this particular match-up) chose to receive, and started a steady grind forward. Nautical Fighters were really aggressive, and pretty much marked all of the dwarfs and stood toe-to-toe blocking for most of the round. This even resulted in the ball coming loose at one point, but the dwarfs were better at getting up again and managed to shuffle the ball into the end zone before half-time.

2nd half, well, that certainly demonstrated how vulnerable av7 is. Norse were getting KO'd and injured left and right, until the situation really was hopeless for the norse midway through the 2nd.

So... thanks for the match Lars, although I understand it can't have been fun to be on the receiving end of that violence. Hope your team recovers.

Lars

I had a bit of a rorugh time where the block dice kinda hated me and lved you andthe twho broken ankles on my bzerkers was not a very nice outcome. The spp stoped at just the mvp so a rough start any way good played from dwarf side.