Match Day 4

Started by tags, May 31, 2017, 11:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

It sure was an interesting and intense match. 21 SPP to the kennel club and 17 SPP to the green ones. So a lot of things happened.

The most hilarious thing was probably the poor black orc Morot. He got killed in the first half, was resurrected and played on the other side in the second half and promptly seriously injured. One Death and one serious injury in the same match. Might be some sort of record. He is now replaced by his brother, also named Morot, seems that orc mothers are not that smart either.

/hakos

Barmution

Next time we meet we'll see some Morot on Morot action!
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Quote from: equilibri on June 01, 2017, 06:08:36 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on June 01, 2017, 08:07:00 AM
Quote from: equilibri on June 01, 2017, 06:13:44 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on May 31, 2017, 11:09:27 PM
Hey Equi, I think my first reliable time is Sunday, which is pretty much open at this point.

Failing that, most evenings next week should be doable I think. Let me know what suits you.

Sunday doesn't work for me, unfortunately, but how about monday evening?

Is 19:00 ok?

//Eq

Monday works, but can start no earlier than 20:00

20:00 it is then!
See u on the field monday!

//Eq

Hi, looks like I'll be a little late, sorry. Aiming for 20:15.

tags

In-game and waiting now.

EDIT: Looks like you forgot, giving up. I'd like to reschedule if possible. Tuesday evening is an option, as is I think most of next weekend.

EDIT2: If you do see this in time I can probably start as late as 2130-ish.

equilibri

Quote from: kvasilad on June 05, 2017, 08:15:42 PM
In-game and waiting now.

EDIT: Looks like you forgot, giving up. I'd like to reschedule if possible. Tuesday evening is an option, as is I think most of next weekend.

GAAAAH! I fell asleep in the sofa! :(
Just woke up and went in here... SO SORRY!

Tomorrow (tuesday) evening could work. Shall we say 20:00 then? (I will set an insane amount of alarms just to not miss the game this time!)

Again, really sorry, but last week was a nightmare at work and today I was just totally exhausted, I guess.

//Eq

tags

Quote from: equilibri on June 05, 2017, 09:34:49 PM
In-game and waiting now.

Tomorrow (tuesday) evening could work. Shall we say 20:00 then? (I will set an insane amount of alarms just to not miss the game this time!)

Again, really sorry, but last week was a nightmare at work and today I was just totally exhausted, I guess.

//Eq

It happens, no worries. I put in some work on my Tekken 7 rank instead :D

I think 20 is good tomorrow, although 2030 is probably safer. I expect a visit, but should be ready by then.

equilibri

Quote from: kvasilad on June 05, 2017, 09:40:56 PM
Quote from: equilibri on June 05, 2017, 09:34:49 PM
In-game and waiting now.

//Eq

It happens, no worries. I put in some work on my Tekken 7 rank instead :D

I think 20 is good tomorrow, although 2030 is probably safer. I expect a visit, but should be ready by then.

Then we say 20:30 tomorrow instead! Hope you ranked up good in Tekken! :D

See u tomorrow!

//Eq

tags

Hi, uh, so, we got someone coming to buy some garden equipment, only she doesn't know exactly when she'll be here. But since BB2 doesn't yet have a pause function (sigh...), I can't really start before she's been here and picked up the stuff.

So long story short, I don't know exactly when I can play. Something like 2130 is probably safe, but I may be able to start as early as 2030 too. Does it work for you to be in standby to play as soon as possible after 2030, or should we just say 2130 from the get-go?

equilibri

Quote from: kvasilad on June 06, 2017, 06:46:21 PM
Hi, uh, so, we got someone coming to buy some garden equipment, only she doesn't know exactly when she'll be here. But since BB2 doesn't yet have a pause function (sigh...), I can't really start before she's been here and picked up the stuff.

So long story short, I don't know exactly when I can play. Something like 2130 is probably safe, but I may be able to start as early as 2030 too. Does it work for you to be in standby to play as soon as possible after 2030, or should we just say 2130 from the get-go?

I can be ready from 21:00 and check the forum every 5 minutes. No problem for me!

//Eq

tags

Quote from: equilibri on June 06, 2017, 07:09:49 PM
Quote from: kvasilad on June 06, 2017, 06:46:21 PM

I can be ready from 21:00 and check the forum every 5 minutes. No problem for me!

//Eq

Ok cool! I hope to be ready at 21 sharp, will try to give a heads up if not.

tags

Wow. Just wow. That is a match that left me emotionally exhausted.

Starting off, I won the toss and chose to receive.

I have some really lucky blocks/break right off the bat that see several chaos players leave the field. I'm on a roll.

Caging up, Equi throws his fireball, and stuns 2/5 targets. Not huge, but enough for an opening.

A beastman double GFI blitzes the ball carrier, downs him even though it's no tackle/block vs dodge.

This trend continues for a few turns, and Equilibri seriously controls the bashing game. I recover the ball 3-4 times, but dodge is just useless for keeping possession.

Not a lot of Undead standing towards the end of the half, and Chaos safely controls the ball to the end zone for a touchdown against. I'm starting to curse the block dice at this point. It's not been pretty.

Second half, I do start off with a 2 player advantage, which sees me gaining the upper hand in the bashing game this time around.

Equilibri has a really REALLY bad Loner Moment (tm), which basically costs him most of a turn. This gives me such a headstart with a ghoul that he cannot really recover.

It's turn 14, I decide to roll the dice literally and metaphorically, and choose not to stall.

Two turns left, I field 4 ghouls, high kick. Uh-oh. Not really what I was hoping for.

Chaos loosely cages up, but I go balls-to-the-wall aggressive and basically run 3 of my 4 ghouls within 2xGFI scoring range. Also, I GFI blitz one corner of the loose cage. At this point, Nuffle has decided I can do no wrong, so all my crazy moves work. I probably had like 8-9 successful GFIs in turn 15, in addition to a successful 2d blitz.

Equi runs the ball to relative safety, but only downs one of my three ghouls in scoring range. Some shuffling and blocking and pushing later, I'm actually able to knock the ball loose and then around enough for a pick-up, hand-off, and 2xGFI for the winning touchdown. Did not expect that to work at all.

So yeah, I was about ready to blame Nuffle for a loss towards first half, but I definitely had the big N on my side for the second half. I guess it ended up as a somewhat undeserved win for me in the end, as a draw would have been more fair to both teams I think.

Either way, exhilarating match, and I am definitely happy for the win after a pretty bad streak.

So.. thanks for an interesting match Equilibri, and sorry for the last-minute Nuffling there!