Season 27 signup

Started by J-Reedy, July 23, 2017, 03:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

OK, time for another season. Just a fast initial signup as I have to go soon. I'll send the e-mail reminders later.

If it is OK for everyone, we'll go with fresh teams this time as we've already had three seasons of BB2 behind us.

Let's take a bit of a breather and aim for a start at the 2nd/3rd week of August. That way everyone should get their Summer holidays and trips done (except for me who will start the vacation on the last week of August).

---------------------------------------
Official Stuff

INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW COACHES:
1. Read the introductory thread with the explanation on league structure HERE.
2: Create an account on this forum. Note that due to high activity from spam-bots, admins have to approve your account before you can post here. This shouldn't take longer than a day or two.
3: Post a reply in this thread that you want to join.
4: Read the "Essential rules" section HERE and post a reply in that thread that you have understood the rules.
5: The admin team will add you on the participant list in this post.

OLD Coaches now the drill, just tell what team you'll be taking to the trophy hunt.

SIGNED UP:
1. J-Reedy - En Traiders (wood elf)
2. Kvasilad - Playful Dead (undead)
3. Gnaarkill - Black Metal All Stars (
4. Equilibri - The True Heretics (chaos)
5. Barmution - Trondheim Kennel Club (necro)
6. Hakos - new team
7. NapoleonBlown-apart - new team

tags

First of all, I'm definitely in no matter what kind of season we run :)

But wouldn't it be better to have experienced teams for this season? A couple of arguments for that:
1) We have not had the opportunity to play any BB2 team for more than two seasons, since we started fresh twice
2) BB2 LE has a launch date of 5th of September, with the 8 new teams, and I'm pretty sure almost everyone will want to start fresh then :)

Gnaarkill

I'll second Kvasilads thoughts.
Lets go for fresh start after BB2:LE

/Gnaar

Oh, and by the way im in! ^^

equilibri

I also feel that we should go with old teams this season and wait for LE to start new teams.

I will join with my chaos team from season 26 again! (unless we will use new teams anyway and then I will play an AG-team like elves...)

Barmution

Another echo for Kvasi's sentiment from me. Looking forward to do some weird teams when LE comes out :D

And I'm too ofc.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

Excellent point, Kvasi. Didn't realize that the Legendary ed. was so close. So old teams, no TV value.

Third and final try with the woodies for me.

tags

Cool, I'll have a final run with The Playful Dead then.

Gnaarkill

Nice!
And I'll go with my black metal stars :)

Barmution

The Kennel Club will return to defend their title.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

tags

Anyone heard from Hakos and Lars?

Luiggi said he'd most likely join the first LE season, but since that won't happen right now, I'd say we just move ahead with the last non-LE season as fast as possible, and rather make a bigger new recruit push next season.

hakos

Hi

I'm here, Lars is out sailing for about one week more.

I'm in for this season as well. Would be quite surprised if Lars does not join.

Don't know which team to join with though. Considering to start a new one but most likely I will go with the mutants.

/hakos

tags

All right, then I suppose we create another 8-team league as soon as Lars reports in.

tags

Hi all, just played some random BB2 LE beta matches, and ended up chatting with this guy Alex that seemed like a nice guy and wanted to join our league (Napoleon blown-aparte). He also has a friend from Finland that might wanna join.

I guess maybe if these guys join up, we should make it a fresh teams season as J-R intended at first?

NapoleonBlown-apart

Hello, everyone.
kvasilad has already mentioned me, but I'd just like to confirm my interest in joining this season. I haven't decided on a team yet, but it will probably either be Lizardmen, Humans or Dark Elves.

I have read the rules and the thread explaining the structure of the league, and it sounds really good. I live in the UK, so I'm only one hour behind the timezone you use, which shouldn't be a problem.

I would like to thank kvasilad for telling me about this league, and I look forward to playing this excellent game with all of you.  :)

equilibri

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on August 07, 2017, 01:40:23 PM
Hello, everyone.
kvasilad has already mentioned me, but I'd just like to confirm my interest in joining this season. I haven't decided on a team yet, but it will probably either be Lizardmen, Humans or Dark Elves.

I have read the rules and the thread explaining the structure of the league, and it sounds really good. I live in the UK, so I'm only one hour behind the timezone you use, which shouldn't be a problem.

I would like to thank kvasilad for telling me about this league, and I look forward to playing this excellent game with all of you.  :)

Welcome!
Always nice with new players in the league!

//Eq